Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    That's funny. Warcraftlogs ranks me pretty high, but I'm playing nowhere near optimal yet (didn't prepare well on a fight by fight basis). What you are seeing is bad people having an easier time because "easy to learn, hard to master" might have finally been achieved. Previously bad people now have an easier time doing a 'respectable' amount of dps, while high end players haven't have the time (or put in the effort for these 4 weeks of joke SoO) to master the class and do high end dps.
    It's not hard to master, tbh. Once you get comfortable with your UI that's all it is.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Deleted
    I don't think you get what I mean, I meant people who added me for moonkin advice, and did not know the basics of the rotation are now playing extremely close to optimal. There just isn't enough punishment for bad play, or enough rewards for playing well.

I was not being derogatory towards other players, it is just a fact that relatively they were not doing great compared to other moonkins.

My only gripe is that they didn't keep the Starfall graphic from Alpha. Not only it looked awesome but it was also a way to visualize the range of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    My only gripe is that they didn't keep the Starfall graphic from Alpha. Not only it looked awesome but it was also a way to visualize the range of it.
    Ooo, what did it look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Ooo, what did it look like?
    Stars were falling constantly, regardless of targets (not depleting any stars ofc, only visually) which allowed you to visualize your range. Think Tyrande's spell in SoO.

Edit: This video shows it, kinda . Disregard anything said in the video. It's between 0:29 and 0:45
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2014-10-18 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpyman View Post
    completely agree. had planned to play my moonkin in xpac. after playing now, hell no..

our aoe is terrible, our dots are worthless and their random bonus moonfire being longer and solar sorta spreading? is trash. having a starsurge then 2-3 casts of starfire/wrath is just silly and annoying. thanks blizz for cleaning up the druid class, but making our new rotation somehow even less interesting and fun while harder at the same time. *not that its really that hard, just annoying*

time to play my rogue again..
    You're crazy?

Our aoe is top-notch, this week i was in the top for every aoe fight. Dots are amazingly strong, one moonfire lasts 40secs and does the most damage out of every ability by FAR (I think moonfire does 30k~ damage vs a starsurge that does 9k... and moonfire is instant so it's even more dps.) Sunfire spread is the best thing that can happen for our aoe... i don't see what's so really wrong about solar and lunar empowerement though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Stars were falling constantly, regardless of targets (not depleting any stars ofc, only visually) which allowed you to visualize your range. Think Tyrande's spell in SoO.

Edit: This video shows it, kinda . Disregard anything said in the video. It's between 0:29 and 0:45
    Aww man.. That would have been Legen -wait for it- dary!
    Last edited by Starlight; 2014-10-18 at 03:24 AM.

According to this:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/5#dataset=10

After nerfs, boomkins will be the 2nd best overall dps class after warriors... even after their 20% nerf... perhaps it'll be our turn to shine in the spotlight after the reign of warlocks?

More like - we will be the next to get nerfed , u wont see mookins second overall ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    According to this:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/5#dataset=10

After nerfs, boomkins will be the 2nd best overall dps class after warriors... even after their 20% nerf... perhaps it'll be our turn to shine in the spotlight after the reign of warlocks?
    I would assume that the main reason for moonkins to be high in overall dps is Starfall and multidot. I so hope they don't nerf Starfall. Even tho I have some doubts about it hitting everything around I really love this spell being powerfull.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    It's not hard to master, tbh. Once you get comfortable with your UI that's all it is.
    I am not too sure about this. I think people are underestimating the optimization you can accomplish with the new eclipse mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    I don't think you get what I mean, I meant people who added me for moonkin advice, and did not know the basics of the rotation are now playing extremely close to optimal. There just isn't enough punishment for bad play, or enough rewards for playing well.

I was not being derogatory towards other players, it is just a fact that relatively they were not doing great compared to other moonkins.
    The reward for playing optimal is less I agree, this does not mean that people that don't know exactly what they're doing are playing close to optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalazi View Post
    More like - we will be the next to get nerfed , u wont see mookins second overall ever.
    I love your optimism.

Deleted

It's acutally not true, everything is predictable expect Starsurge proc and with good amount of practise you can reach perfection and I guarantee you that bad players won't play spec perfectly even if its 1 2 3.

As far as I know, these "nerfs" are just for pre-patch (havent seen them on beta). Aka they just want classes to be ~on par in SoO for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    I would assume that the main reason for moonkins to be high in overall dps is Starfall and multidot. I so hope they don't nerf Starfall. Even tho I have some doubts about it hitting everything around I really love this spell being powerfull.
    Eh, this week i died on iron juggernaut, but i was #4 on malkorok, altough we had like 8 people that almost did the same dps as me, i dont think our single target is nearly that bad! http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&fight=30

Surprise on who the 3 classes that outdpsed me are...

But Dubalazi, it's possible we might get nerfed, but blizzard didn't include us in their dps nerf, so they probably think we are fine.. while this nerf would put us at the top of the meters on warcraftlogs, we still seem to be in the acceptable range of 19k~ dps that blizzard looks like they are aiming. If we get nerfed, it will be a tiny one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpyman View Post
    completely agree. had planned to play my moonkin in xpac. after playing now, hell no..

our aoe is terrible, our dots are worthless and their random bonus moonfire being longer and solar sorta spreading? is trash. having a starsurge then 2-3 casts of starfire/wrath is just silly and annoying. thanks blizz for cleaning up the druid class, but making our new rotation somehow even less interesting and fun while harder at the same time. *not that its really that hard, just annoying*

time to play my rogue again..
    Are you joking?

Moonkins are top 3-4 specs right now (maybe even #1 after the mage/warrior/warlock nerfs)
    I was either #1 or within the top 3 on every fight in a guild that finished top 50 US last tier.... Full of amazing players. Our burst aoe is the only issue I find. But even with that I was #1 dps on galakras, #1 on Protectors #1 on Paragons, #1 on siegecrafter, #2 on thok and #3 on garrosh (#5 on boss damage but was a shit pull Was #1 #2 boss damage on first pull which we wiped 9 min in) Granted we don't have a geared warrior and our mage sat out most the night. But still People complaining that moonkins are in a bad place? I was shocked that we were not nerfed last night with mages/wariocks/warriors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Good question... troll is probably the best if you use incarnation and at lower gear levels, it probably evens out with taurens at higher gear levels and no incarnation. Berserking is more or less all they've got for PvE though. troll regen isn't really great... it's 100hp~/sec for me, idk if it scales with hp? Would take about 28seconds to heal the hp that tauren's stam racial provides at lvl90 anyways.

Taurens arent too bad because crit is our 2nd best stat, so it benefits their 2% crit damage racial. I think taurens are the best race overall however, becasue their racial is 200 stam (aka a lot of hp, 12k at lvl100 which is 7% hp of a premade lvl100 char on beta, and 2.9%~ hp of a full BIS character in siege). I don't know about you, but i've lived on very little hp more than once! This boost is definitely really strong at lower gear levels and it scales with stam buffs and if you ever tank, it stacks with the bonus hp from multistrikes. warstomp can be helpful where you can use a short additional stun/interrupt.
    Tauren will never beat troll. 2% crit damage even at 50% crit (which is End gear gemming full crit which we will not be) is only a roughly 2% damage increase. Troll haste during burst is nearly that much by itself. Go troll because unless incarnation gets nerfed Troll burst will always win.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2014-10-18 at 06:00 PM.

Troll haste is equal to 0.8% haste overall. Since it is burst however, you can add the 15% from incarnation and 20% from CA, so it's equal to 1.08% haste at best... unless you need the burst, it's not going to make that much of a difference. I'd rather go with a slight damage reduction but go with the utiltiy of warstomp and a bonus 13.2k hp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    The reward for playing optimal is less I agree, this does not mean that people that don't know exactly what they're doing are playing close to optimal.
    The reward for playing optimally is borderline non existent, even with spells like stellar flare which is a nice idea in paper to split our rotation, the difference between a poorly timed stellar flare and one at 0 damage is almost not noticeable aside from its initial damage.

The reward for playing optimally is borderline non existent, even with spells like stellar flare which is a nice idea in paper to split our rotation, the difference between a poorly timed stellar flare and one at 0 damage is almost not noticeable aside from its initial damage.
    People seem to forget that even if Stellar Flare does nearly the same damage no matter where in the eclipse you are, other spells wont. Casting Stellar Flare in the "wrong" time wont really decrease its dps, but it will decrease your overall dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    People seem to forget that even if Stellar Flare does nearly the same damage no matter where in the eclipse you are, other spells wont. Casting Stellar Flare in the "wrong" time wont really decrease its dps, but it will decrease your overall dps.
    Of course, but because its a dot, in a situation with multiple targets which will survive for extended periods, it will just replace wrath and starfire filler before 80 energy where if your dot timers allow, you can get out 1-2 casts...

Just stating my opinion that I would prefer that players could be distinguished by more than just how many trinket procs they got. (Even though currently that is how the game is, at least you still had to adapt your game play to accommodate them). The only defining factor I can see in warlords is movement.
    Last edited by mmocceb9783085; 2014-10-18 at 07:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play incredibly sub optimally and I was top dps on over half the fights in our mythic soo pug. Was a full 14/14h group, nobody that did not have heroic garry dead at least pre patch.
    You're a towel.