Starfall is no longer capped to two targets, but does it still have 20 charges?

Oh, and NG seems to be removed, rejoice Moonkin community, our bane is gone!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomy View Post
    I think still gotta see how it's going to work but, I think these changes will make boomkin rotation alot more intelligent and fun to play personally. That's just me though. Choosing when to use your starsurges because you can go with euphoria and gain a haste buff as well if anyone saw that too.
    Honestly, while I can wrap my mind around the base changes to the rotation, I'll need to spend a bit more time researching and seeing everything laid out in front of me before I really think I'll have a grasp on how the talents change everything other than 'significantly' from what it looks like. And that's also something I (tentatively) like. It seems like talent choice will be VERY significant in the overall play of the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    The thing is, the DPET of each spell is going to be changing on a per-second basis. If you think about it, you CAN'T spend all your starsurges effectively for starfires. One starsurge buffs 2 starfires, but that's 6 seconds worth of cast time. By the time you'd hit the next starsurge, you'll already be losing a significant amount of your arcane bonus, the balance would have to be off by a fairly large amount if a halfway buffed starfire is still more DPET than a fully buffed wrath. At the very base, you'll probably want to be hitting one starsurge at either end of the eclipse bar (since you get one every 30 seconds, and it's 30 seconds end to end), but then we'll be getting extra charges by DOT proc, so there's still a lot of room for variance.
    Starsurge recharge time is 30seconds, we'll be able to use 2 starsurges with bloodlust in lunar, twice. making it into 1 starsurge per cycle in lunar. Now Shooting Stars procs can be used in solar, but we'll see about that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post

If I understand correctly, Starfall will basically be a large fire-and-forget AE DOT, kinda like how warlock rain of fire with the 400% radius talent was.

Yes, but if you look at the change to Starfall, it's going to be mechanically very different than it is now. I don't think starsurge and starfall will actually be competing with each other, you'll use charges on starsurge for single target, and starfall for AE.
    Which is still relevant, since there's been times when AoE and single target have been competing.

That charge limit never actually existed in the first place. It was just to make it clear that the spell wouldn't hit more often than that, Starfall was only limited by time.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

Also, do i understand it correctly that MF last 32 seconds? And SuF will apparently DoT everything in a 5y radius.

Wait what? Where did you see that? We can have both dots up but I don't see a situation where we will have both at max duration (16sec). No clue were to find the SuF aoe thing

We also have Hurricane and Starfall doing spellstorm (I guess) damage but keeping their old names for iconic reasons.

I wonder how CA will work now with dots. Will both be applied or will Moonfire just deal the max available Eclipse damage? And what if we will need to time it right after a peaked-Eclipse Sunfire.

Which is still relevant, since there's been times when AoE and single target have been competing.

That charge limit never actually existed in the first place. It was just to make it clear that the spell wouldn't hit more often than that, Starfall was only limited by time.
    Oh, okay, that makes sense. I'm just glad I'll be getting a new pc for WoD, the number spam of Starfall, Sunfire and Hurricane will be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Wait what? Where did you see that? We can have both dots up but I don't see a situation where we will have both at max duration (16sec). No clue were to find the SuF aoe thing

We also have Hurricane and Starfall doing spellstorm (I guess) damage but keeping their old names for iconic reasons.

I wonder how CA will work now with dots. Will both be applied or will Moonfire just deal the max available Eclipse damage? And what if we will need to time it right after a peaked-Eclipse Sunfire.
    Astral Showers, Lunar Showers replacement.

You know, i find it really annoying that the entire fricken' balance section is red.

Astral Showers, Lunar Showers replacement.
    Yeah I just found it >.<

Astral Showers calls upon greater Lunar and Solar energy to permanently empower the Druid's Moonfire and Sunfire spells.

• Moonfire initial damage is increased by 100%, and the duration of its periodic damage effect is increased by 100%.
    • Sunfire initial damage is increased by 100%, and its periodic damage effect is now applied to all enemies within 5 yards of the target.

At first I read it as increase 100% to initial damage and periodic effect (not the time)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Starsurge recharge time is 30seconds, we'll be able to use 2 starsurges with bloodlust in lunar, twice. making it into 1 starsurge per cycle in lunar. Now Shooting Stars procs can be used in solar, but we'll see about that.
    You'll be physically capable of using 2 starsurges in lunar, but with the amount that your eclipse bar will have changed from when you cast the first starsurge to the point at which you cast the 2nd buffed starfire after the 2nd starsurge, you're going to buffing a couple of starfires that don't have a very good astral bonus.

I kinda like how they try to close the gap between Lunar and Solar eclipse with Stellar Flare, so we don't really have a weak phase...Stellar Flare, Moonfire with the long duration and Sunfire with AoE component will be a lot of multidotting potential!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You'll be physically capable of using 2 starsurges in lunar, but with the amount that your eclipse bar will have changed from when you cast the first starsurge to the point at which you cast the 2nd buffed starfire after the 2nd starsurge, you're going to buffing a couple of starfires that don't have a very good astral bonus.
    Still might better using it on a weaker Starfire than a fully buffed Wrath. Cast time is a big monkeywrench though.

A tweet said that Shooting Stars no longer make Starsurge instant. Hope they have a solution for our movement DPS, it already was bad ._.
    i feel even worse for any boomkin thatll pvp now, with it not being instant and starfire taking even longer, yikes.

Considering that you'll use first starsurge at 0 energy, now 2 starfires and you'll be at the peak of lunar, now repeat starsurge+ 2 starfires and you'll be back in the middle. BL lasts 40seconds, eclipse cycle lasts 30seconds, thus you'll be able to do that twice.

I wonder what happened to NG. Was it just completely scraped and moved to the new talent Euphoria as a SS effect?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    @Gorgflaw Nature's Grace is removed, yes. We're tuning Moonk damage to be great without it. Intended that Stellar Flare doesn't trigger SS.(source)
    No more NG.

Also, Celestalon is calling us Moonks. Should we build a Moonastery?

Edith says: Heh, timing.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    @Gorgflaw Nature's Grace is removed, yes. We're tuning Moonk damage to be great without it. Intended that Stellar Flare doesn't trigger SS.(source)

No more NG.

Also, Celestalon is calling us Moonks. Should we build a Moonastery?
    Lol few seconds too late

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I wonder what happened to NG. Was it just completely scraped and moved to the new talent Euphoria as a SS effect?
    Scrapped, he answered my tweet.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really a fan of 3 second Starfires when nature's grace is gone as well. It will be impossible to cast on mechanics like thok's interrupts and World in Flames (Ragnaros), and ofcourse suffer a lot to other mechanics that require (not even quick 3 seconds is a lot) movement. - EDIT: ofcouse we are now able to use wrath in those circumstances, but it's probably going to be way inferior.
    Also i feel like Astral communion is going to be really important to get in the right phases of solar for AoE.

And from now on moonkins are going to have to sync up eclipses and do all the pull timers in the game to pull at exactly the right moment

I like change and I think these changes will make moonkin more interesting to play, with definitely a higher skill cap. However quality of life might take a hit again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Considering that you'll use first starsurge at 0 energy, now 2 starfires and you'll be at the peak of lunar, now repeat starsurge+ 2 starfires and you'll be back in the middle. BL lasts 40seconds, eclipse cycle lasts 30seconds, thus you'll be able to do that twice.
    Except that you seem to be forgetting that the damage bonus on Starfire is fluid with the eclipse bar. Not all starfires will be equal, buffing starfires at the beginning and end of the lunar cycle is significantly worse than buffing the ones at max eclipse.