Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Celestalon said it was the same mechanic.

"Identical effect to Deterrence."
    Well shit, I missed that. That kinda sucks.

Unrelated, WE HAVE ALL THE POLYMORPHS!
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2014-04-24 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Well shit, I missed that. That kinda sucks.

Unrelated, WE HAVE ALL THE POLYMORPHS!
    Back in my day, we had to kill an optional boss for the turtle! /grumpypout

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep. But now we can swap penguin and turtle and peacock without glyphs locking us out of the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping we get some new minor glyphs to replace them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I feel like I'm the only one who uses polymorph: pig

Haha I remember doing that XD I actually did everything the original way to get the original Polymorphs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crysie View Post
    I used to use all of them on a macro, but since Cast Random was broken IIRC, I just use Cat.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by crysie View Post
    I remember back in vanilla how much everyone really wanted Giraffe after seeing nefarion doing it. I cant believe it has been so long and its not been given to us.
    GM of 9th Order - Frostmane EU
    1000 days of mage-ing streaming on twitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except D3 specifically is not balanced around pvp and firm dps metrics like wow is. I agree this would make wow more fun, but then we'd get back to everyone being completely cookie cutter. At the very least, the way things are now, you can be any mage spec and not hold your guild back in pretty much any encounter, versus wrath/cata where you pretty much had to be one specific spec to max your damage.
    Perhaps but I like using all three schools. I feel like a mage.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Perhaps but I like using all three schools. I feel like a mage.
    I'm kinda mixed with this tbh. I mean I do view some spells that are "neutral" that all Mages should have(blink etc), but at the same time Fire has to revolve around using Fire for both offense and defence. I mean I never really liked the fact that I had to use Deep Freeze and revolve things around Shatter as a Fire Mage in PvP. That just didn't make any sense to me. Now ofc total school "purity" doesn't make sense either. What I think they should really do is to add a neutral school for us.. Or rather what I've wanted for a long time is to have Arcane as that neutral school and have Battle Mage replace Arcane, but this thread is totally not about that, so don't make it about it.

Now this is just my personal opinion, so don't twist it to something it is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    I'm kinda mixed with this tbh. I mean I do view some spells that are "neutral" that all Mages should have(blink etc), but at the same time Fire has to revolve around using Fire for both offense and defence. I mean I never really liked the fact that I had to use Deep Freeze and revolve things around Shatter as a Fire Mage in PvP. That just didn't make any sense to me. Now ofc total school "purity" doesn't make sense either. What I think they should really do is to add a neutral school for us.. Or rather what I've wanted for a long time is to have Arcane as that neutral school and have Battle Mage replace Arcane, but this thread is totally not about that, so don't make it about it.

Now this is just my personal opinion, so don't twist it to something it is not.
    Battlemage no but..I'm not twisting it...yet

My Mage is shelfed for OCD reasons.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Hoping we get some new minor glyphs to replace them...
    I'm pretty sure the glyphs still exist, just they grant a new spell when applied instead of overwriting polymorph: sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I'm pretty sure the glyphs still exist, just they grant a new spell when applied instead of overwriting polymorph: sheep.
    I know Blizzard does some stupid moves, but to keep them as Glyphs would be going full retard... And you know the rules about going full retard...

There's literally no point that Polymorphs should remain as glyphs, spell or sheep-replacer version.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I also hope they're planning on giving us a "Chaotic Polymorph" button or something so that I don't need to make a macro to shuffle randomly through my spells >_>

omg such unban so amaze wow
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I have some noob questions about arcane in wod... Maybe some of them has no answer yet.

1. When unstable Magic procs from glyphed Arcane Blast, all the affected targets are slowed?

2. The same question for Prismatic Crystal. Damage done to the crystal with glyphed Arcane Blast, slow all the affected targets?

3. Does Prismatic Crystal count as enemy? It receives 100% extra damage from Supernova?

4. When casting Arcane Barrage to Prismatic Crystal, does it hit the nearby enemies? In other words, an enemy target at Prismatic Crystal range, will be hit for 2 Arcane Barrage?

5. With Shatter gone for arcane, what is the purpose for Ice Ward? I will really miss shatter combos as arcane, snif snif.

6. Is not Presence of Mind a bit silly? It's like "woah, i can make all spells instant! hahaha", then you look at the spellbook and "I can cast Arcane Blast, and also Arcane Blast, and also... oh just Arcane Blast". Maybe we could add Ring of Frost? Come one! Why not an instant arcane spell that generates a charge instead?
    Last edited by Zoros; 2014-04-24 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoros View Post
    I have some noob questions about arcane in wod... Maybe some of them has no answer yet.

1. When unstable Magic procs from glyphed Arcane Blast, all the affected targets are slowed?

2. The same question for Prismatic Crystal. Damage done to the crystal with glyphed Arcane Blast, slow all the affected targets?

3. Does Prismatic Crystal count as enemy? It receives 100% extra damage from Supernova?

4. When casting Arcane Barrage to Prismatic Crystal, does it hit the nearby enemies? In other words, an enemy target at Prismatic Crystal range, will be hit for 2 Arcane Barrage?

5. With Shatter gone for arcane, what is the purpose for Ice Ward? I will really miss shatter combos as arcane, snif snif.

6. Is not Presence of Mind a bit silly? It's like "woah, i can make all spells instant! hahaha", then you look at the spellbook and "I can cast Arcane Blast, and also Arcane Blast, and also... oh just Arcane Blast". Maybe we could add Ring of Frost? Come one! Why not an instant arcane spell that generates a charge instead?
    No one has played the alpha, we don't really know.

I would guess that in response to number 4- yes, it should still cleave.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoros View Post

Not being in the alpha, I can't solidly answer these, but I'll give it a shot based on the digging I've done so far.

1, no. From what I can find, each AOE explosion has its own distinct spell that isn't Arcane Blast. They could change the glyph to handle it, doubtful though.

2, no. The Crystal's pulse will be listed as its own damage event, and I'm about 95% sure it won't be put on the glyph.

3, yes.

4, so far yes. I know Lhiv floated that question to Celestalon without an answer so far, they could be iterating on what they're doing with it.

5. More CC. It's essentially a shorter cooldown Frost Nova that can happen while you're doing something else. It also gives you a root when you take Supernova.

6. RoF and Frostjaw are both on PoM. RoF currently keeps the arming time, though.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2014-04-25 at 12:10 AM.

Obviously we're not in Alpha but my gut feelings are:

1) No
    2) No
    3) Yes
    4) Yes
    5) PvP/Soloing/Some really niche bosses
    6) Yes

Here's a question I have more for the community:

It appeared to me that Lhivera was the only one who was a "community" member that the development team listened to. It seems to me like a lot of you other guys are getting listened to this time around via twitter (a fabulous thing, I might add). Do you feel you're actually being heard this time around, and that our voices collectively will actually get taken into consideration, instead of just one dude like the MoP beta?

And is twitter really the best way to reach the people who make the game to give them feedback these days? Seems like it's the case, but I'm just kind of wondering these things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly. A Paladin change got heard in about a day so I'd say things are chuggin.

Warrior-Magi