Honestly wouldn't hold it more than a few seconds, just because there is a possibility of it proccing back to back. Wasting procs is like throwing away the winning lottery ticket. I'd say holding it more than 1 melee swing is playing with fire.
    I'll try simming it both ways, but pre-simming I'd bet money that holding for the CS if it will come off before SD ends is the better option on average, even if it bites you in the ass once in a blue moon.

Of course using it right away (once you have 50+ rage) will have less RNG swings, which may be preferable for progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Secondwind View Post
    I'll try simming it both ways, but pre-simming I'd bet money that holding for the CS if it will come off before SD ends is the better option on average, even if it bites you in the ass once in a blue moon.

Of course using it right away (once you have 50+ rage) will have less RNG swings, which may be preferable for progression.
    Yeah I didn't heavily test that, honestly haven't tried a lot of the more unusual tweaking that I usually do just because I know arms is going to look completely different in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Yeah I didn't heavily test that, honestly haven't tried a lot of the more unusual tweaking that I usually do just because I know arms is going to look completely different in a few weeks.
    I wish I could share your faith.

Edit:

That's with 3.0 base multiplier and 1.1 crit multiplier that Aed wanted to test.
    Last edited by Secondwind; 2014-07-21 at 10:47 PM.

Are you sure that's in the override? I was getting 0.38 (2.14) to mastery's 0.55 (3.15), with DPS within 2% and wait time within 3%. (Edit: I bet it was without raid buffs.)

Anyway, I'm all about
    I know arms is going to look completely different in a few weeks
    I'm all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Are you sure that's in the override? I was getting 0.38 (2.14) to mastery's 0.55 (3.15), with DPS within 2% and wait time within 3%. (Edit: I bet it was without raid buffs.)

Anyway, I'm all about

I'm all about it.

He ran with low iterations, so it's within the error margin of your numbers.

Yeah I only did 10k cause I didn't want to wait for an hour for it to scale everything. I'll run again at 25k later, but it'll probably be closer to yours.

Also, just ran a test with execute set to delay for CS if sudden death duration > cooldown remaining on CS, wound up with the dps being within 50, so it seems like waiting vs not waiting is basically a non-issue, or my logic was way off.

Quote Originally Posted by Secondwind View Post
    Yeah I only did 10k cause I didn't want to wait for an hour for it to scale everything. I'll run again at 25k later, but it'll probably be closer to yours.

Also, just ran a test with execute set to delay for CS if sudden death duration > cooldown remaining on CS, wound up with the dps being within 50, so it seems like waiting vs not waiting is basically a non-issue, or my logic was way off.
    I think the optimal usage will be something like:

execute,if=(buff.sudden_death.remains-5>cooldown.colossus_smash.remains)|debuff.colossus_smash.up

Worth the risk of losing out on an SD proc waiting for CS to use it if you'll have cds up?

Edit: CDs being BB with and without Reck

I really need to learn how to figure this shit out myself >.<

Edit 2: Went to the kitchen, came back, and apperently Secondwind already answered my question. Good Guy, Secondwind.
    (and great minds think alike)
    Last edited by Juni; 2014-07-21 at 11:50 PM.

I think the optimal usage will be something like:

execute,if=(buff.sudden_death.remains-5>cooldown.colossus_smash.remains)|debuff.colossus_smash.up
    That's basically what I did but I forgot to do the -5 to account for time to use CS and other attacks. Though I also kept a check for >60 rage to make sure it did a full power execute.

Edit: Okay just double checked, apparently my logic was backwards which is why I was seeing no change. Had a < in place of a >. Reversing that and adding the -5 in, it's looking like delaying caused 3-4 lost executes on average, to a DPS loss. Removing the rage restriction saved one execute, increasing DPS some, but still lower than just using execute once its available.

short version: don't bother saving sudden death procs. When they show up, use it as soon as you have the rage.
    Last edited by Secondwind; 2014-07-22 at 12:10 AM.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...92421695995904

Insert token "what's he referring to" comment here.

While we knew for sure arms nerfs were coming, I'm really disappointed it's only the nerfs and no more rotational modifications.

I'm about 99% sure this change will be "we removed bloodsurge" and nothing else.

If it's not something to do with the 0.5 second gcd on wild strike I'm done, gladiator/arms for WoD.

If it's not something to do with the 0.5 second gcd on wild strike I'm done, gladiator/arms for WoD.
    Right now it's Gladiator or swap classes for me. Tossup between Hunter Destro Lock or WW Monk. (Most likely WW, but I hear it's been getting some rough beta treatment as well, so want to get hands on with it)

Not all of us are in babby guilds who have the luxury of boycotting fury if it happens to be better. You have to fight Celestalon for me and Bloodletters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Not all of us are in babby guilds who have the luxury of boycotting fury if it happens to be better. You have to fight Celestalon for me and Bloodletters.
    Please! I want a fun spec to play.

I've done my fair share of fighting, like a retired war general I have to know when to let the young boys take the wheel.

I've done my fair share of fighting, like a retired war general I have to know when to let the young boys take the wheel.
    You sound like third-movie Batman. But that's actually pretty cool.

Oh boy, they acting as if Arms isn't horrible to play. The ony good part of it was being n1 dps for raid testing.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Insert token "what's he referring to" comment here.
    I never know where these guys are coming from. Since I'm compelled to, my guess is reverting Wild Strike's cooldown, and adjusting costs so it dumps rage fast (but in the devs' opinion, not too fast) during Bloodsurges.