Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Doesn't Resonating Power still pull it up to Whirlwind?

Man, I don't like to be the one running the calculator. So out of character.
    30% drop means the resonating power glyph brings it back up to where it was pre-nerf without the glyph.

Or just slightly less rage efficient than WW. And without the glyph, it's much less efficient. Not worth using at all in any situation except for the snare.

Quote Originally Posted by Secondwind View Post
    30% drop means the resonating power glyph brings it back up to where it was pre-nerf without the glyph.
    But Thunder Clap and blue flame and electricity and SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

But Thunder Clap and blue flame and electricity and SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP
    i cry every time

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Or just slightly less rage efficient than WW. And without the glyph, it's much less efficient. Not worth using at all in any situation except for the snare.

Well blizzard are just taking a dump all over our fun then.

Quote Originally Posted by Greil View Post
    Well blizzard are just taking a dump all over our fun then.
    Well they already did it months ago. It's just the reduced rage cost got my hopes up for seeing TC again, just to have them dashed into the rocks of "this change is intended for PVP"

they could just take thunderclap out since it's worthless for everything now and give us spammable piercing howl back.

just let thunderclap die with dignity, geez.

So, on damage: if Arms abilities will be reduced by x%, will Thunder Clap be reduced by 30% + y%? Asked, wasn't answered.

So, on damage: if Arms abilities will be reduced by x%, will Thunder Clap be reduced by 30% + y%? Asked, wasn't answered.
    Chances are if they nerf everything it will come out of Seasoned Soldier. So yeah, Thunderclap will eat an additional nerf on top of the current 30% nerf, to keep its relative place where it is now.

Arms received no damage nerfs besides what thunderclap got (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Arms received no damage nerfs besides what thunderclap got (yet).
    Blizzard at the end of season 16 "we nerfed arms damage by tweaking thunderclap. If you're still getting one shotted by arms warriors it's probably a bug"
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

RB now extends CS duration by 2 seconds
    This picture just gets better and better every week:

Sure, adding cancel_buff,name=slam outside of Colossus Smash to Simcraft lowers the least-performing talent's DPS by another 3%. But it reduces wait time to just 5.9%.

Can you put a price on happiness?

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Noticed. Dunno if I like it. The issue I have with Arms rage generation is the randomness/consistency.
    Rage generation nerfed by 1/3, but rage costs also nerfed by 1/3. The end result is effectively having a larger rage bar and making it harder to rage cap, which will increase crit's value even more. I like this change, and I expected it (what with 60 rage autoattacks, wtf). I was hoping for half, but 1/3 is good too.

Yes yes, arms is slow, we know. Blizz wants it to be slow. You cant have huge numbers all the time and be gcd capped at the same time without expecting your huge numbers to be nerfed.
    Last edited by Ssateneth; 2014-07-23 at 03:28 AM.

Sure, adding cancel_buff,name=slam outside of Colossus Smash to Simcraft lowers the least-performing talent's DPS by another 3%. But it reduces wait time to just 5.9%.

Can you put a price on happiness?
    That doesn't sound quite right, I'll need to check what cancel_buff is doing. >_> I guess it's possible, I just thought damage would at least stay the same or go slightly up. I wonder if it's only cancelling 1 stack at a time for some dumb reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    This picture just gets better and better every week:

I should point out that I like the raging blow change, I just don't like how the 0.5 second gcd on wild strike still hasn't been addressed.

I should point out that I like the raging blow change, I just don't like how the 0.5 second gcd on wild strike still hasn't been addressed.
    The RB, CS synergy seems interesting. I'm sure you know more than I do but WS seems so unappealing to me. I haven't gotten any hands on time with it so all I have is second hand knowledge. Generally not a fan of off hand attacks, Lava Lash for Enhance is okay to me because at least there's some elemental stuff on it with good animation and damage. Meanwhile Wildstrike is incredibly bland, uninteresting and needing to be used 8+ times in a row apparently.
    Last edited by GutsTheWarrior; 2014-07-23 at 08:00 AM.

Sorry for re-posting these questions, but was hoping to get an answer so I fully understood both specs and seemed got buried in between all the other posts!

Ravager lasts 10 seconds and is affected by CS, so you want to toss it down before CS so it doesn't use up globals inside of it. I could probably cut that time down to 4 seconds.

Storm bolt is due to the 30 second cd, it's best to use it on cooldown instead of using it every 40 seconds for CS. Basically, it will only not used storm bolt on cooldown if colossus smash is coming off cooldown in less than 4 seconds. If somehow it has been delayed enough to fit that case, then it will save it for CS.

Raging blows are not intentionally held for CS anymore. You'll find yourself using them within 2-3 seconds of proccing in most cases.

Perfect circumstances, probably something like this:
    (Assuming enrage procs on CS)
    CS WS/WS/WS-SB-RB-WS
    GCD time line, with a small amount of haste. Wild strike's GCD is not affected by HLR.
    CS >> 1.37 >> (WS/WS/WS) >> 2.87 >> SB >> 4.24 >> RB >> 5.61 >> WS >> 6.11 -- CS falls off.

If you don't have a RB proc, just use BT instead of RB, and then fill the final action with RB if it procs, WS if it doesn't. You'll generally want to save berserker rage for CS in case enrage falls off, but that's not always possible.

You 100% want to use wild strikes early in CS, to prevent any possibility of rage capping from a freak bloodsurge.
    Awesome, tyvm for the reply. Didn't realize CS would effect it while it was already down. Just had a couple more things wasn't sure on if you didn't mind!

For Fury, should we be taking Unquenchable Thirst or Furious Strikes?
    Simcraft has it with Unquenchable Thirst; but is there any priority on when to use BT and when not to? CS you'd want to use rage dumps/abilities listed above ideally I'd imagine - but for outside CS is there a rage threshold/timing window where we should use BT instead of WS/RB (or to get Enrage/RB procs)?

For RB procs, you mentioned "You'll find yourself using them within 2-3 seconds of proccing in most cases" - what priority defines this (outside of CS)? Is it just matter of WS (with Bloodsurge) > RB > normal WS?

For Arms, is it still worth running out and charging back during empty GCD times? Should we use leap for getting out for the charge too, or is it better to save leap damage for boss inside CS?

For Sudden Death procs, if we're close to CS window is it worth holding it for this? Or do we just dump them as we get them?

Ideal CS window for Arms? Unsure on exact CD timing for each of these yet, didn't get a chance to try Arms on beta yesterday, but assuming MS>BB+Ravager>CS>SB>MS>WW>WW>MS (adding in Exe for a WW if we get a proc)?

Thanks again and sorry for all the questions (sorry if these have been asked/answered already too, hard to see through the 195 pages)! Just want to make sure have full understanding of it all.

I don't play fury as much, but i do feel sympathy for the furys.

They need to bring back our iconic ability to baseline... PERIOD (or at least make wild strike off the global). It would kinda make sense, wild strike could ACTUALLY replace heroic strike to make it a stronger spell and to top that off it applies mortal strike!

On another note, the raging blow change makes fury a little bit better, but i just wish CS was just passive! or just give fury passive armor penetration!! hmmmm...

And have arms be the HEAVY HITTER THROWING OUT A COLOSSUS SMASH at their weak pathetic opponent, get the picture?
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2014-07-23 at 04:58 AM.

since blizzard seems to hate directly nerfing specs after they realize theyre too strong (i.e. lose warlock subscriptions, etc ),

and with all of these recent changes, seems like we can expect fury and arms to be pretty OP even after tuning.

sucks for those with high ping tho

rb-cs interaction seems like a good idea for once, but yeah, wild strike is still fucking up everything.

on the other hand, at this point i still think they should remove CS from arms to A) help out balance the dmg (read: less burst, more sustained) and B) it feels dumb anyway due to the open gcds (ww during cs feels so stupid... "i dont have any hard-hitting single-target ability to use, so i spam aoe..." legit shit right here)

Deleted
    Would it be possible to get into an endless loop of BT > RB > BT > RB to extend CS forever? Or have they made it so it can't do that?

HLR (still in the game for Fury?) reduces the GCD a fraction of enough to like 1.37? Surely with perfect (literally like 2ms) you could

BT > RB > WS > BT > RB

Or is my math wrong?

Regardless this just means we'll have more time to spam their beloved fucking Wild Strike except it'll be during CS, also doesn't this just make the Glyph of Colossus Smash even more useless?
    > Save up 2 RB
    > CS
    > RB
    > BT (crit)
    > RB x2
    > WILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKE WILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKE WILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKE WILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKE WILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKE WILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKE

Yeah sounds hella fun. Or perhaps I could add in a BzR before WS spam so I'm enraged, can Stormbolt and then WILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKE WILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKE WILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKEWILDSTRIKE WILDSTRIKE?

EDIT:

inb4 Raging Blow now has more maximum charges.

' We removed ArP because we feel it's too strong but we're going to give it back in a clunky and annoying as fuck way because we feel you should use Wildstrike more '