Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    They are still trying to avoid jab-jab-uplift... The dark-light chi would be much better way of doing so. (BTW the dark/light chi isn't realy new idea, it was like that at first in mop beta.)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since Chi Explosion replaces Blackout Kick are we looking at a talent that only works in Crane stance? It makes sense though since Jab is a much easier way to reach 4 Chi than waiting for cooldowns and we really need another Fistweaving heal with the other Mistweaving heals removed from Crane stance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Since Chi Explosion replaces Blackout Kick are we looking at a talent that only works in Crane stance? It makes sense though since Jab is a much easier way to reach 4 Chi than waiting for cooldowns and we really need another Fistweaving heal with the other Mistweaving heals removed from Crane stance.
    Both other talents are also usable in Crane stance and blackout kick already heals so the benefit is sort of marginalized.

15+ Year Old Account
    This iawhat I have been thinking, if Chi Explosion does not do damage it will be superior to whatever serpent has in crane dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Calling this now, Crane stance will be the favorable method of healing tanks.
    This is what I have been thinking, but what is your reasoning?

Quote Originally Posted by Gragagrogog View Post
    They are still trying to avoid jab-jab-uplift... The dark-light chi would be much better way of doing so. (BTW the dark/light chi isn't realy new idea, it was like that at first in mop beta.)
    I know it is not a new thing, but I am not sure why they gave up on it. What were the mechanics of dark chi back then? I came into the beta too late.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Calling this now, Crane stance will be the favorable method of healing tanks.
    And I'm calling that Path of Mists will have a maximum number of spheres spawned added to it to prevent exploits.

15+ Year Old Account
    And I'm calling that Path of Mists will have a maximum number of spheres spawned added to it to prevent exploits.
    Of course, or they could make it not be dependent to how fast you go and only how much you move.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    We're losing most of our chi generation and our only throughput CD is being nerfed to high heaven.

Where will our heals come from?

Deleted
    speccing path of mists and running around like a headless chicken

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by youngosk View Post
    We're losing most of our chi generation and our only throughput CD is being nerfed to high heaven.

Where will our heals come from?
    Bubbles my friend, bubbles !

Deleted
    speccing path of mists and running around like a headless chicken
    That would be ok if we weren't having our mobility stumped too

- - - Updated - - -

How do we build enough chi to use BcK in crane stance? I'm assuming the mana cost of jab will be lowered so we can jab > jab > BcK

- - - Updated - - -

Also i haven't herd one mention of them changing mana tea, it's our regen what is broke isn't it? We build too much mana tea so therefore have to waste time drinking it. All other healers are completely losing their mana cd's, and we're stuck chugging on mana tea for half the time.

Deleted
    We won't build as much tea because of chi scarcity.

- - - Updated - - -

Well unless you're smart and go to crane stance in order to generate it during downtime, but that could be restrictive due to costs in Crane stance

Deleted
    perhaps chi generation won't be as bad as it seems, because they said earlier in the year that surging mist mana cost would be extremly lowered

perhaps surging will be less potent, and with a mana cost nerfed so that it becomes the main chi builder, whereas surging becomes much more strong, as a tank healing

However, if surging is as useless as now, and if soothing doesn't generate chi anymore, the whole class mecanism is dead^^

This soothing change, the scandalous nerf on our gcd which was THE point of the monk heal, and the 2 different stances just make me wanna delete my monk

I'll be happy to watch mw stream very soon to see how it works but i'm really afraid

Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    perhaps chi generation won't be as bad as it seems, because they said earlier in the year that surging mist mana cost would be extremly lowered

perhaps surging will be less potent, and with a mana cost nerfed so that it becomes the main chi builder, whereas surging becomes much more strong, as a tank healing

However, if surging is as useless as now, and if soothing doesn't generate chi anymore, the whole class mecanism is dead^^

This soothing change, the scandalous nerf on our gcd which was THE point of the monk heal, and the 2 different stances just make me wanna delete my monk

I'll be happy to watch mw stream very soon to see how it works but i'm really afraid
    Surging Mist is still used as an example of a high throughput spell. By there very design such spells cannot be spammed so it will not be our main chi builder.

Removed healing spheres (besides mastery and the talent that makes you shit them), chi generation from CJL and soothing mist along with nerfing our gcd to 1.5 sec. The worst (along with palas) healing class got nerfed even more. This is off to a great start.

I assume this will be like with SoO, not enough focus on our actual healing and too much focus on making fistweaving good which is still pretty useless if you compare it to atonement healing

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    Removed healing spheres (besides mastery and the talent that makes you shit them), chi generation from CJL and soothing mist along with nerfing our gcd to 1.5 sec. The worst (along with palas) healing class got nerfed even more. This is off to a great start.

I assume this will be like with SoO, not enough focus on our actual healing and too much focus on making fistweaving good which is still pretty useless if you compare it to atonement healing
    In general, expect that these nerfs will come with buffs, unless the devs actually say they think we're over-performing (and why would they...?). Devs don't nerf specs this hard for funsies. I'm guessing they want to make ReM and Uplift stronger, but make Chi more scarce in exchange. Don't assume they're done making changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    In general, expect that these nerfs will come with buffs, unless the devs actually say they think we're over-performing (and why would they...?). Devs don't nerf specs this hard for funsies. I'm guessing they want to make ReM and Uplift stronger, but make Chi more scarce in exchange. Don't assume they're done making changes.
    Except that doesn't fix us. I was hoping they would go back to the drawing board with WoD and not just do rebalance tweeks like they have been doing (and failing) at for all of MoP.
    Buffing Uplift doesn't fix anything because it still leaves us praying our random hot is on the correct person. Monks need a viable healing model that doesn't resolve around spamming as many uplifts as possible and hoping they are on the correct person.

We won't build as much tea because of chi scarcity.

- - - Updated - - -

Well unless you're smart and go to crane stance in order to generate it during downtime, but that could be restrictive due to costs in Crane stance
    Except you lose your chi when you switch stances.

Quote Originally Posted by denstyrka View Post
    Except you lose your chi when you switch stances.
    If you still gain Mana Tea in Crane stance you can gain/spend Chi there to build stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Except that doesn't fix us. I was hoping they would go back to the drawing board with WoD and not just do rebalance tweeks like they have been doing (and failing) at for all of MoP.
    Buffing Uplift doesn't fix anything because it still leaves us praying our random hot is on the correct person. Monks need a viable healing model that doesn't resolve around spamming as many uplifts as possible and hoping they are on the correct person.
    With the changes to smart-heals, it sounds like they made EVERY healer like that, though. Except we can still potentially heal someone at full health. I thought they said we'd be getting a different chi spender or something to help with the lack of good single-target raid-heal options, but if that's supposed to be Chi Explosion, I'm disappointed, because it's a talent and that kind of thing should be baseline just like Healing Sphere was, and Chi Explosion doesn't really solve the problem since you still have to dump all your chi into one target. Increased health pools may help.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that has kept me going after 9 yrs has been the Melee Healing monk.

With WOD that's pretty much gone.

Been fun WoW, but you've drastically changed waaay too much. Time for me to move on