Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if this is relevant but is there a hard cap on resolve?

Energy nerf to BrM seems like a real bummer; I suspected it would come considering the treatment of WW. To me it seems that it has made serenity even more go-to talent for BrM.

It just means more globals filled with Tiger Palms instead of jabs, and us being more conscious that we're pooling energy for Keg Smash when it comes up (or for expel harm when we start to dip below 50%). I wouldn't be suprised if this was an effort to try and make shuffle less trivial to maintain with low haste while purifying a steady amount (since the value of purifying has gone up relative to what it is now while shuffle has gone down a bit).

We might see this change because it might've been some sort of accident but I doubt it (even though communication is sparse to begin with). Anyone see a tweet or some sort of mention of slowing BrM down at all or is this just them perhaps trying something with the build along with ham-fisting more value for haste (because if you like faster playstyles stack haste and ascension!).
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    We might see this change because it might've been some sort of accident but I doubt it (even though communication is sparse to begin with). Anyone see a tweet or some sort of mention of slowing BrM down at all or is this just them perhaps trying something with the build along with ham-fisting more value for haste (because if you like faster playstyles stack haste and ascension!).
    I'm sure it's them testing out different scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Don't know if this is relevant but is there a hard cap on resolve?
    With the current formula, no, but it has diminishing returns that start off unimportant but get very strong later. I posted about it earlier in this thread, but it's basically linear relative to incoming damage up to 300% resolve, then starts falling off.
    Last edited by Rockets; 2014-09-16 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockets View Post
    With the current formula, no, but it has diminishing returns that start off unimportant but get very strong later. I posted about it earlier in this thread, but it's basically linear relative to incoming damage up to 300% resolve, then starts falling off.
    Thanks. However, is it currently bugged as if I go to timeless isle with my 587 (~130k HP) copy character and get hit by molten guardian flame attacks that hit for around 70k I get 500% resolve and upkeep it over 400%. With self healing the damage is heal-able so it must be bugged?
    Last edited by keqe; 2014-09-17 at 10:15 AM.

Thanks. However, is it currently bugged as if I go to timeless isle with my 587 (~130k HP) copy character and get hit by molten guardian flame attacks that hit for around 70k I get 500% resolve and upkeep it over 400%. With self healing the damage is heal-able so it must be bugged?
    1) ilvl 587 is massively overgeared for timeless isle; you have literally twice as many stat points as someone in 485 level-boost gear
    2) They aren't going to spend any serious time on tuning level 90 content
    2b) If someone's OP in PvE for a couple weeks at 90, who cares?
    3) I literally just said that there's no cap; "diminishing returns" just means that each point of damage taken contributes less to resolve than the previous.
    4) If this was an actual problem in raid content they would just flag the flame as a no-resolve "stood in the fire" attack, since you're supposed to get out of the way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockets View Post
    1) ilvl 587 is massively overgeared for timeless isle; you have literally twice as many stat points as someone in 485 level-boost gear
    2) They aren't going to spend any serious time on tuning level 90 content
    2b) If someone's OP in PvE for a couple weeks at 90, who cares?
    3) I literally just said that there's no cap; "diminishing returns" just means that each point of damage taken contributes less to resolve than the previous.
    4) If this was an actual problem in raid content they would just flag the flame as a no-resolve "stood in the fire" attack, since you're supposed to get out of the way
    Why are you so aggressive? I just pointed out that the resolve can scale strangely at certain conditions and wondered if it can cause problems in "real" places (raids).

"certain conditions" in this case means "at level 90" though; everyone's going to be OP in pve for level 90 because it's not worth the devs' time to do any serious tuning for obsolete content. They'll make sure that nobody feels weaker against old-expansion mobs and call it a day.

If you think there might be a bug with resolve, go do some raid testing or test on the boss dummies in Shattrath and then report back. But what happens at level 90 against mobs that you already massively overgear has basically no relevance to what happens in raid content; it's kind of like saying "well I went and was able to solo Deathwing, is there a bug with Resolve?"

Why are you so aggressive? I just pointed out that the resolve can scale strangely at certain conditions and wondered if it can cause problems in "real" places (raids).
    Highly doubt it will because Resolve is just Vengeance 2.0, they might have to adjust numbers still because of all the tank changes.

Am.....am I reading this right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch notes
    Keg Smash (Mistweaver) Smash a keg of brew on the target, dealing [ 1,415.7% of Mainhand Min DPS + 300% of AP - 11 ] to [ 1,415.7% of Mainhand Max DPS + 300% of AP + 11 [ 1,955.1% of Mainhand Min DPS + 414.3% of AP - 15 ] to [ 1,955.1% of Mainhand Max DPS + 414.3% of AP + 15 ;] damage to all enemies within 8 yards and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 15 sec.
    I guess I'm less sad about losing disable now.

Bear form buffed back to 250% and Brewmasters are untouched. Guardian it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    Good luck dealing with their 10-second-duration, non-duration-extendable version of Shuffle.
    Can't say that I haven't had the same urge to go Bear, but that Pulverize.... pffft.

Brewmasters are untouched. Guardian it is.
    Well, wouldn't call it untouched. Chi Brew got nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by appletonoutcast View Post

KS does this on live already, it's just part of the Dizzying Haze debuff (which has been removed in WoD since they didn't care for the backfire part of the debuff).
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by appletonoutcast View Post
    Uh, it's always done that 50% snare. You actually used Disable as Brewmaster for the snare?

If you chose your main on the basis of a minor beta update... lol. Fundamentally all the tanks will be pretty balanced, pick based on mechanics, fun, and how well it works with your co-tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    If you chose your main on the basis of a minor beta update... lol. Fundamentally all the tanks will be pretty balanced, pick based on mechanics, fun, and how well it works with your co-tank.
    That's pretty much why I'm sticking with Brewmaster over Guardian or Prot Pally, even if for a patch or so someone else is stronger, BrM has incredibly reliable and smooth mechanics, bordering on one of the best designed specs in the game. Savage Defense and Shield of the Righteous fall off just because they're designed that way, Shuffle never goes away. You'll always know how much damage you'll get hit for when you take an AA and can time EB for periods where you'd really rather not take AAs.

Having the best AoE mechanics of any tank is great too. RJW is a lot easier to use than Consecration/Thrash and Dizzying Haze is barrels of fun. I've taken to throwing kegs at trash and running in circles pretending like I'm doing Garrosh just for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    That's pretty much why I'm sticking with Brewmaster over Guardian or Prot Pally, even if for a patch or so someone else is stronger, BrM has incredibly reliable and smooth mechanics, bordering on one of the best designed specs in the game. Savage Defense and Shield of the Righteous fall off just because they're designed that way, Shuffle never goes away. You'll always know how much damage you'll get hit for when you take an AA and can time EB for periods where you'd really rather not take AAs.

Having the best AoE mechanics of any tank is great too. RJW is a lot easier to use than Consecration/Thrash and Dizzying Haze is barrels of fun. I've taken to throwing kegs at trash and running in circles pretending like I'm doing Garrosh just for the fun of it.
    I like thrash cuz you can just spam the shit out of it (currently anyway). Warriors pretty much wreck everyone on mobility huh? Leap, intervene, and charge x2.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post

Not to mention, if you tank with a warrior/paladin you don't fight for gear and you can always be the aoe add/pickup tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Shamanberry did some testing on beta and showed that there's currently no ICD on our tier set bonuses.

Code:
    00:11:58.036 Weak Tank Dummy 2 Melee Shandaren 2162 (A: 999) 
    00:11:58.172 Weak Tank Dummy 5 Melee Shandaren Dodge 
    00:11:58.172 Shandaren gains 3 Energy from Shandaren's Swift Reflexes 
    00:11:58.172 Weak Tank Dummy 3 Melee Shandaren Dodge 
    00:11:58.172 Weak Tank Dummy 4 Melee Shandaren 2162 (A: 1000) 
    00:11:58.332 Weak Tank Dummy 1 Melee Shandaren Dodge 
    00:11:58.332 Shandaren gains 3 Energy from Shandaren's Swift Reflexes

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Promdates View Post
    Not to mention, if you tank with a warrior/paladin you don't fight for gear and you can always be the aoe add/pickup tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Shamanberry did some testing on beta and showed that there's currently no ICD on our tier set bonuses.

Code:
    00:11:58.036 Weak Tank Dummy 2 Melee Shandaren 2162 (A: 999) 
    00:11:58.172 Weak Tank Dummy 5 Melee Shandaren Dodge 
    00:11:58.172 Weak Tank Dummy 3 Melee Shandaren Dodge 
    00:11:58.172 Weak Tank Dummy 4 Melee Shandaren 2162 (A: 1000) 
    00:11:58.332 Weak Tank Dummy 1 Melee Shandaren Dodge 
    00:11:58.332 Shandaren gains 3 Energy from Shandaren's Swift Reflexes
    *wipes head* Nice!! I guessed correctly and that is how I have it implemented in SimC.