Deleted

Fury warriors will be completely broken in 6.0

Fury warriors along with fire mages are HIGHLY dependent on critical strike. With reforging gone and 6.0 gear having a rare chance to have a gem socket, this only makes the problem much worse because now getting crit on our gear will be fully in the hands of RNG.

Fire mages have a small solution to this which is :

Enhanced Fireball - When your Fireball fails to critically strike a target, you gain a 5% increased chance for Fireball to be a critical strike for 15 sec. This effect ends when Fireball successfully critically strikes a target.
    But fury has no solution atm which means unless fury mechanics are changed or you get good luck with rng and get crit on your gear, fury will be completely unplayable in 6.0.

I know this is alpha but this post is just to get some attention on this subject.

With the changes to haste, you'll be doing more attacks over a given periods of time, which means more opportunities to critically strike.

Just throwing that into the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Awarewolf View Post
    With the changes to haste, you'll be doing more attacks over a given periods of time, which means more opportunities to critically strike.

We have no idea what the changes to haste really look like. I think it would have to be extravagant reduction in cooldown to come close to what we have right now with ridiculous crit dependency and our mastery only getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Awarewolf View Post

Collision and others have mathed out various Haste models to see how it would impact Fury DPS. The only model that showed a DPS increase was the one that accounted for the Fire Heroic Strike; everything else was an extremely minor boost for Haste at best with most actually making Haste worse.

I wouldn't get too overly excited yet.

I maintain there are going to be more changes, the patch notes felt very "half complete" to me with regards to Warriors, in fact some of the changes raised more questions than answers they gave.
    Crit and Mastery scaling still has not been addressed. Likewise low Crit % hasn't been addressed either. The new Haste ability really doesn't help low Crit % at the beginning of the expansion, because we are similarly low on Haste.

I understand the idea they are going for with Haste, but I can't say that I am a fan. It really does not raise Hastes effectiveness significantly, we need a decent chunk of Haste for it to really do much to begin with, and it honestly just kind of muddles things for us. We plan our rotation around a hard 20 second timer in Colossus Smash. A 1s or 1.5s GCD fits into that perfectly, while anything in between just gets confusing to even think about.
    At the end of the day, I don't think it will change much for us. With less fillers we will very likely not even use the extra couple GCD's inherited by Headlong Rush. I don't think we will get enough in the way of extra Bloodthirsts or byproduct Raging Blows, leaving Wild Strike as our last filler/dump, and it certainly will never reduce the GCD enough to change our Colossus Smash.

Kind of hoping they scrap the idea, keep us a bit more iconic with our 1.5s GCD, and go a simplier route towards making Haste better. I know people like seeing a new ability, even if it is completely passive, but my vote goes to further increasing rage generation from Auto Attacks or scaling Deep Wounds with Haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    my vote goes to scaling Auto Attacks ... with Haste.
    I thought haste already made you attack faster?
    Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    Can't wait to see Thrall's kid and Garrosh's kid in school together -"HAHA MY DAD'S ARMY BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOUR DAD'S ARMY"

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler-Stormrage View Post
    I thought haste already made you attack faster?
    It does. Sorry I meant further increasing our rage generation from auto attacks more, which in turn makes Haste a more attractive stat. Doubling it was one of the better ways towards making Haste a good stat for us.
    Fixed for clarification.

Without seeing lvl 100 gear i'll hold my tounge for the most part. We will see our attackpower take a hit. Reliance on crit is really going to mean we need that 10% built in crit bonus that agi based classes are getting for fury. (possibly for arms too) Starting out at a base 5% crit + gear is going to make hitting critcap much harder if the rumored itemization holds true. however they could alter the enrage uptime ect to try make up for it. one poster here states how haste will be more attractice. i don't belive it really will be. if our crit botoms out arround 15% for haste to overcome the crit gap between cap and that well, let's just say we better have attackspeeds sub 1.0 with 2 handed weapons or you can burry titan's grip.

Deleted
    OP please look up on haste and what it actually does if anything fury looks more viable in PVP than ever before and remember that fury scales better with gear than arms

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    OP please look up on haste and what it actually does if anything fury looks more viable in PVP than ever before and remember that fury scales better with gear than arms
    Remember that they're trying to address the scaling issues per specialization by removing base damages and adjusting primary attribute's damage scaling. I wouldn't count on it that Fury would outscale Arms that much after 6.0, not before Mastery can really have a nice uptime again.
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2014-04-04 at 12:15 PM.

Deleted
    not a fan of reduced cds and gcds as well, does not let you plan ahead :<

I don't think we can get into an uproar yet as the whole of the game is going to change. After beta starts and information is coming will we be able to understand if Fury/Prot/Arms or warriors in general are broken. I'm pretty sure they'll be fixed (or close to it) before beta ends. We can't really relate the current game to 6.0 game. It's going to be completely different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, these are early alpha patch notes. Probably best to wait and see what happens. With that said, there is already a 6.0 thread. I am locking this one. Please feel free to contribute to the other 6.0 thread.