Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Doko- View Post
    Is bloodcraze not being diminished by the hidden healing dampening we got stuck with in the last build? thats insane.
    It is. It's also scaling with resolve. Both of those things should not be happening.

I also shouldn't be allowed to nearly double its strength by using a 1.6s swing speed caster weapon over the 2.8s melee weapons. The PvP 4pc should also definitely not work on PvE stuff. It's close to 1.5 RPS against that dummy, which is just nuts. Basically be thankful we're not warriors with all these terrible mechanics they don't seem to be noticing .

Plus, 282% AP for 60 rage shield barrier is just straight up idiocy compared to 240% AP for 60 rage FR. Really, down the line, warriors are better at everything except for health than bears, it's sad.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2014-09-14 at 07:42 AM.

Why is it that every time I check this thread you guys are complaining about Warriors?

Also, that's a RAID dummy, not a MYTHIC dummy. Bears were soloing the Mythic one, which is completely out of hand. Expect to see Daggers get nerfed for Prot Warriors, and stop complaining about other classes so much.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Why is it that every time I check this thread you guys are complaining about Warriors?
    As far as comparisons go, we are just an inferior version of a Warrior currently.

Also, that's a RAID dummy, not a MYTHIC dummy. Bears were soloing the Mythic one, which is completely out of hand. Expect to see Daggers get nerfed for Prot Warriors, and stop complaining about other classes so much.
    With tanks being tuned right now I think it's fair that people bring up how we compare to other classes. Right now it's really hard to know if Blizzard wants tanks to suck as much as guardians, or if we're just undertuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Motoma View Post
    As far as comparisons go, we are just an inferior version of a Warrior currently.
    Ya know what's funny is I really did switch to my warrior from a guardian dr00d this expac, but it had nothing to do with tanking validity. And from what I've read, since I'm not on the PTR, it still won't be because of that.

It does not seem like Guardians are inferior to a warrior's survivability. All the numbers I've seen and posts I've read support that all tanks are now struggling a bit, and that's exactly how Blizz wants it. However, I still switched, because warriors have the exciting, ultra-mobile, cool damage tanking ways that bear tanks had in BC.

Guardians have lost their identity as armor tanks, the spells and animations have never been updated, the new mastery is boring, and the rotation in 6.0 is flat out insulting. I also disagree with how guardian AM works, but that's my preference.

I'm saying that in terms of how it affects the rest of the raid, Guardians are not inferior...to any tank...at all.

The Guardian team at Blizz should still take a knee to the groin though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnudge View Post
    I'm saying that in terms of how it affects the rest of the raid, Guardians are not inferior...to any tank...at all.

The Guardian team at Blizz should still take a knee to the groin though.
    This so so so much

Coming from the ptr i dont "feel" weak at all, quite the contrary once adjusted to new stat priority and play style. We cant spam SD,FR,T&C anymore, what ive found to be most effective is save up T&C procs for when SD is on CD and usually when using T&C procs during SD recharge there is generally enough rage for an FR or 2 if needed. Granted i have been hording HWF haste/mastery gear for the last 6 or so weeks just for ptr testing.
    Victoria Aut Mors

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more meaning we lack all the cool things Warriors get baseline and talent wise. Our rotation is very very similar now.
    Last edited by Motoma; 2014-09-14 at 08:24 PM.

We were never soloing the mythic dummy. Even when it was bugged and Uber strike didn't even add damage, we didn't last more than a couple minutes, and that was at the peak of our OPness

Except when I abused a bug to get 90+% extra damage reduction. Literally any tank could do that.

edit:
    And having played around with warrior for a while now, it's eerily similar to how OP we were back in the alpha/early beta. It's actually pretty hilarious, they've nerfed tanks across the board, done a "tank squish" to try and rein us in, and we're pretty much exactly where we were a few months ago. Just which tank is OP has shifted .
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2014-09-15 at 06:24 AM.

If someone has celestalon's ear please inform him we would very much like to rebirth people in form without relying on a 40% chance proc of a sub proc triggered by our worst stat. I swear its like the the guy that thought druids should not have a normal rez in vanilla is still lurking in the class design department with a tiny bear looking voodoo doll or some shit

Quote Originally Posted by -Doko- View Post
    If someone has celestalon's ear please inform him we would very much like to rebirth people in form without relying on a 40% chance proc of a sub proc triggered by our worst stat. I swear its like the the guy that thought druids should not have a normal rez in vanilla is still lurking in the class design department with a tiny bear looking voodoo doll or some shit

lol so true, Feral can BR w/o needing to talent for it what can't bears. But if they do take that away from the talent then they would have to buff it some how.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soo...

Primal Fury Change- Yay, crit is now better then Haste for rage generation! Pitty that both of them are still absolute shit stats!
    Bear Form Armor buff- Buff is a buff. Its in the range of.. ~8% damage reduction? Maybe? Decent.
    Pulverize damage buff- what? Seriously, what was the point of that?

Same glaring issues still glaring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

FR also got a slight buff. It was (and the tooltip still says it is) 240% AP, but it was bumped up to 280%. I was curious if T&C got a change, but it's kind of broken right now, so I can't check.

Still lower scaling than barrier, but that's been well established as OP .

Otherwise, yeah, they were worried we wouldn't all take pulverize, so they buffed it again. Balancing 3 talents is hard, yo, gotta make sure everyone uses the same one so it's easier.

Edit: Turns out that "FR buff" is just a bugged set bonus .
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2014-09-18 at 04:41 AM.

The armor bonus for bear form is just for Feral/Balance/Resto if the data-mine is right.

That would make no sense, so thankfully, it's wrong .

I also believe that when the front page was in its initial info-dump stage, both "bear form"s were shown with the buff. They just chose one to be concise.

You are right thanks. =D

Did this made any big change for us?
    Some minor warrior nerfs, minor guardian buffs, minor prot pally nerfs and buffs... I'm not sure how things will stack yet.

- T&C is not affecting mob auto attacks this build, it never gets consumed and continues stacking -dmg on next melee but doesnt actually do anything.
    - Without primal fury dodge GoE is even worse
    - Still getting heal dampening in caster form

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satanicway View Post
    You are right thanks. =D

Did this made any big change for us?
    Some minor warrior nerfs, minor guardian buffs, minor prot pally nerfs and buffs... I'm not sure how things will stack yet.
    No major changes for, well, anyone really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

- Without primal fury dodge GoE is even worse
    It needed to die anyway since it encouraged bad habits.

I feel like the PF buff is just to give us back what we lost from the Dodge portion, or some of it anyway. Crit is still bad. Haste is still okay (and a lot better than Crit).

Same problems still exist. Our entire L90 talent line being completely worthless because they can't implement a version of Resolve that actually meets their targets is infuriating.

Deleted
    About Pulverize. I think it should consume 3 stacks of a selfbuff you get when casting Lacerate instead of a buff on the target so that the talent is actually useful during AoE situations where targets die fast, or where you have to switch targets. The way it is designed now is just a clunky mechanic (comparable to how combo points used to be limited to a target which they fixed).

And the Dream of Cenarius heal should be off the GCD to be useful.
    Last edited by mmocfafac1b51e; 2014-09-19 at 11:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any notice if the self healing bug was fixed? 60 rage FR still heals me 4k of my 100k hp