Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I realized that Lava surge procs don't get consumed when you LvB, is this intended or just a bug? maybe blizzard testing the waters?
    Cause atm on beta you can move quite a lot while just spamming LvB.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus93 View Post
    I realized that Lava surge procs don't get consumed when you LvB, is this intended or just a bug? maybe blizzard testing the waters?
    Cause atm on beta you can move quite a lot while just spamming LvB.
    It's a bug, it's happening with all proc-consumption casts like that

I got into the beta last night and I keep trying to move whilst using Lightning Bolt. This is going to take some serious getting used to again! xD

Deleted
    Tried elemental in dungoens and so on today, wasn't that much fun with low mobility.

But if casters should lose mobility, why don't fire mages lose at least a little mobility?

Their mobility is practically 100%. With the right talents, mages can cast while moving all the time, as scorch is castable while moving and gives a 30% speed buff. They also have tons of (hard hitting) instants. On top, they have a talent that makes practically spells (only fireball in practice...) castable while moving on a pretty low cd so that in most cases, they don't need scorch. They can pretty much move nearly all the time without losing mobility, where as elementals pretty fast hit a wall. SWG is all we have.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2014-07-23 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Tried elemental in dungoens and so on today, wasn't that much fun with low mobility.

But if casters should lose mobility, why don't fire mages lose at least a little mobility?

Their mobility is practically 100%. With the right talents, mages can cast while moving all the time, as scorch is castable while moving and gives a 30% speed buff. They also have tons of (hard hitting) instants. On top, they have a talent that makes practically spells (only fireball in practice...) castable while moving on a pretty low cd so that in most cases, they don't need scorch. They can pretty much move nearly all the time without losing mobility, where as elementals pretty fast hit a wall. SWG is all we have.
    it is called double standard I think^^
    we have some movement tools but it is not as easy as firemages do have it now...

10+ Year Old Account

Except Frost is the go-to spec in beta for mages. It is far ahead of Fire/Arcane, and has the same mobility as Elemental. If anything, complain how hunters can be extremely mobile while Shamans can't, as the go-to DPS specs for hunter are highly mobile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Except Frost is the go-to spec in beta for mages. It is far ahead of Fire/Arcane, and has the same mobility as Elemental. If anything, complain how hunters can be extremely mobile while Shamans can't, as the go-to DPS specs for hunter are highly mobile.
    Well that's a numbers thing, we're discussing mechanics as finalized number tuning hasn't been done yet. If fire mages and hunters for example do significantly lower damage than the potential dps output of an elemental shaman and a frost mage (When wod does come live). Then I don't technically have a problem with it, but somehow I find it unlikely.

Blizzard are just creating more balancing problems by dividing dps specs into Turret - higher damage vs Mobile - lower damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is true, while numbers aren't finalized Blizzard also stated that Elemental would be compensated for losing its movement capabilities with Lightning Bolt. Wouldn't that mean that the complaints in this thread are also irrelevant? We don't know how much Elemental will be compensated, but Blizzard is aware that with the loss of movement, numbers need increased to make up for it- which again, they are aware of.

Just for relevance, Blizzard also stated in a blue post that due to Hunters retaining their high mobility- their output would not match it. This was brought up because of the complaints during one of the weekly QAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    That is true, while numbers aren't finalized Blizzard also stated that Elemental would be compensated for losing its movement capabilities with Lightning Bolt. Wouldn't that mean that the complaints in this thread are also irrelevant? We don't know how much Elemental will be compensated, but Blizzard is aware that with the loss of movement, numbers need increased to make up for it- which again, they are aware of.

Just for relevance, Blizzard also stated in a blue post that due to Hunters retaining their high mobility- their output would not match it. This was brought up because of the complaints during one of the weekly QAs.
    To be honest I would be surprised if they keep to that.

As for the no LB while moving. Im fine with it. Allows me to hit more than just 1 button while im moving and nothing procced.

Quote Originally Posted by volibjorn View Post
    This got to be a joke right ? i have to rely on lava proc and shock an thats it if i got say a rogue on me constantly slowing me and running trough me to cancel my castings like raly come one blizz dont do this to me ive been a subscriber to ur game for 8 years and this is how u repay me! >.<
    Don't forget the new mastery, which is basically consistent damage as well, so it wont be that bad.
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    If a melee is climbing up a caster's butt to dodge a fireball, the caster should just shoot a fireball out of their butt. Or something.
    I think we can end this discussion right here.

Shamans are now attuned to their inner elements as well and are able to fire bursts of hot lava, spit bolts of lightning and beam blasts of unadulterated elemental energy right out of their bile duct, balloon knot, Hershey Highway, prison purse, puckered starfish.

High cooldown can be reduced with a new talent skill, Anti-Inflammatory Healing Salve.

You do aware that scorch has much lower dpet than fireball? Especially now with Enhanced Pyrotechnics perk which scorch doesn't benefit from there's no reason to cast scorch, much better to blink and resume fireballing.
    Scorch does look good at first glance, but once you get to know it, it's really no better than Shaman's shocks.

Furthermore fire has no controllable interaction with the only (new) active L90 talent, which basically means that it's probably stuck with RoP. And this means that the spec is rooted to a circle. I highly doubt that the other alternative, mirror images, will be buffed sufficiently to compete with RoP because it's pretty much a passive which doesn't interact with any of your spells in any way (I like to call it "the brain dead option" like Incanter's Ward is now). So all this scorching is even more useless.

Besides, playing fire with low crit pretty much means you have no controllable burst (the new perk balances only sustain damage and only if you stand still). So Blizzard might buff Combustion to crazy levels to compensate, but then we're back to MoP rollercoaster of changes to the spec every patch.
    Last edited by maizensh; 2014-07-24 at 01:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is exactly the reason I can stand the change in PvE but it breaks PvP for me. With melee dancing around me I get LOS'ed around myself. And spining around my axis while hoping to face them when my cast completes is no fun. Turning the fast way equals moving and stops my cast. The Beta so far has killed any enthusiasm I had towards playing my casters in PvP in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by maizensh View Post
    You do aware that scorch has much lower dpet than fireball? Especially now with Enhanced Pyrotechnics perk which scorch doesn't benefit from there's no reason to cast scorch, much better to blink and resume fireballing.
    Scorch does look good at first glance, but once you get to know it, it's really no better than Shaman's shocks.

Furthermore fire has no controllable interaction with the only (new) active L90 talent, which basically means that it's probably stuck with RoP. And this means that the spec is rooted to a circle. I highly doubt that the other alternative, mirror images, will be buffed sufficiently to compete with RoP because it's pretty much a passive which doesn't interact with any of your spells in any way (I like to call it "the brain dead option" like Incanter's Ward is now). So all this scorching is even more useless.

Besides, playing fire with low crit pretty much means you have no controllable burst (the new perk balances only sustain damage and only if you stand still). So Blizzard might buff Combustion to crazy levels to compensate, but then we're back to MoP rollercoaster of changes to the spec every patch.
    well number passing was not yet so the chance is high scorch is getting buffed slightly.
    no matter if scorch is strong or not doesn't change the fact that scorch still exists. that is the problem. it might have no real use in pve but it will have in pve.
    if I want to make moving more important, that it matters, I can't let in a spell that can be spammed while moving and which gives a speed buff to a class which also has a teleport spell and talents in tier one that give a short speed bonus on low cd or allow 3 casts while moving. it makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget mages have a lot of powerful stuff to cast while moving. Only Frostbolt requires turreting. Brainfreeze and Ice Lance procs are still alive and kicking and are two powerful instant casts available while moving. I haven't been blasted as hard by anything as a Mage so far in Beta. At the end of every arena fight their output is easily twice as much as any other class during that fight, and I've played quite a lot of matches so far. Mage damage is high damage, and it's consistent damage, not build around less frequent WTF moments when Sudden Death procs high execute crits.

And their burst moments with turreting are easier to setup due to their mobility skills. As Elemental it's a lot harder to create that moment, and when that moment comes it does a lot less damage. I'm curious how much Blizzard will actually adjust all the numbers. I'm quite skeptical because we aren't talking a few percentages and a lot of the disparity is created by the different gameplay mechanics. Playing 8 out of 11 classes currently, I feel Ele is hit the hardest by the return of stationary casting.

The main Problem i see for this movement issue as Elemental is Spiritwalker's Grace.

This Spell was a horrible idea to solve movement issues, T14 has clearly shown this.

The big problem of this spell is simply that a lot of uptime is simply thrown out of the window simply because you never move for full 15 (20) seconds, the Reduction glyph helps there but personally i would much more prefer a Ice floes mechanic, you use it and it allows you to cast X casts while moving, by that you will ensure that there is no uptime loss, unlike the current version.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maizensh View Post

Even without scorch, they have extremely high mobility, basically trumping all other casters for the moment, of course even the other speccs. It's like crazy, nerfing every other spec and letting mages, who were op for years now except for one weak at best, get everything what everyone else doesn't have.

You just say it, you even have blink, even ice block may help mobility occasionally.

It's simply crazy. When fire mages have a decent amount of crit, they will be op once again. And for stationary fights, well, they simply specc arcane (frost will be balanced once again to be bottom PVE wise, like always).

It's simply crazy. When fire mages have a decent amount of crit, they will be op once again. And for stationary fights, well, they simply specc arcane (frost will be balanced once again to be bottom PVE wise, like always).
    Well, right now Frost is #1 on beta. Fire can run, sing, and dance while casting, for all I care, as long as it costs DPS. Right now, Fire's not so hot (get it?).
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    Well, right now Frost is #1 on beta. Fire can run, sing, and dance while casting, for all I care, as long as it costs DPS. Right now, Fire's not so hot (get it?).
    There was no numbers tuning yet.

And fire mages still are scaling like crazy.

Even without scorch, they have extremely high mobility, basically trumping all other casters for the moment, of course even the other speccs. It's like crazy, nerfing every other spec and letting mages, who were op for years now except for one weak at best, get everything what everyone else doesn't have.

You just say it, you even have blink, even ice block may help mobility occasionally.

Still rooted to a circle. Would you take LB on the move but being rooted to a circle?

Also, fire will probably be lower than frost. Currently frost's spells and talents have incredible synergy. Two talents (frost bomb and incanter's flow) which can be actively gamed to push ice lance damage very high, all while ice lance procs can be banked 3 times. This is something neither fire or arcane has. So I really doubt that either fire or arcane will catch up to frost unless they'll be buffed like crazy and frost will be nerfed.

Besides, up to 5.4 (not including) frost was the weakest (or one of the weakest) pve spec in the game for almost all of its history (though at the same time one of the stronger pvp specs), if any spec deserves some spotlight time in pve it's frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love for Ascension to get a sort of Spiritwalker's Grace build in, even if only for Lave Burst. Then we can use Spiritwalker's Grace seperately. And I think the new Hunter Mastery mechanic could be used in an interesting way with Spiritwalker's Grace. With that I mean being able to move while casting but being rewarded for not moving. In this case not with extra damage but a cooldown reduction for instance. How about Spiritwalker's Grace lasting 20sec and getting it's cooldown cut in half if you remain 10sec stationary of those 20sec.

Use half of the duration to move, have to wait half as long to use it again. Like?