Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Sounds like your anecdotal evidence is based on a very small sample size in your own Heroic difficulty raid. That's not at all representative. I do a lot of LFRs and Flexes, and I only ever seem to see players specced into KJC for everything.
    Because KJC is the only thing worth speccing into for non-raid stuff and people are not going to bother to spec to anything else just for LFR.

According to a tweet their reasoning behind this was to reduce warlocks ability (and other casters in general) to cast on the move. So they left KJC in and removed Fel Flame. Logic?

Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    According to a tweet their reasoning behind this was to reduce warlocks ability (and other casters in general) to cast on the move. So they left KJC in and removed Fel Flame. Logic?
    You have to choose KJC over other talents (aka Dps). you didnt have to choose fel flame over anything. #theresyourlogic.

I'd actually rather lose KJC then Fel Flame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Agree, they can stop pissing their time away on trying to support Drain Life too. It sucks, I got over that years ago, they should by now too.

Drain life should be Aff only.

Style wise is suits. It should do good damage and should balance Life Tapping

Destro has Ember Tap.

Demo I dunno. Whatev. Eat your Demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    You have to choose KJC over other talents (aka Dps). you didnt have to choose fel flame over anything. #theresyourlogic.
    Same type of "choice" we had until they nerfed KJC?
    Casting on the move vs a shitty aoe cd vs a minor dps increase. Without Fel Flame to support AD there is no choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blame those guys who cried about keeping KJC. Now the other two talents on the row are completelu redundant.
    No, blame the incompetent designers.

Besides, why are the two spells mutually exclusive?
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Agree, they can stop pissing their time away on trying to support Drain Life too. It sucks, I got over that years ago, they should by now too.
    Stop assuming this game is only PvP, that is selfish and ignorant. KJC is the only option there because of its mobility. They are already nerfing Seduction/Mezmerize, the spec's main peeler, removing KJC will render warlocks into spriests, and they suck when melee breathes on them.

Fel Flame had its uses, but if it is left between the two, I would drop it to save KJC. Elemental Shamans and Destro locks need all the mobility they need. Spriests as well. We don't have roots, and our peeler ability is gonna get nerfed, and a destro lock won't even spec for Mortal Coil and Blood Horror because they will all be sharing DR's with Mezmerize.

So leave it the fuck alone. KJC's purpose weighs more than Fel Flame's in PvP.

But fel flame's removal is still so damn wrong. Everyone will complain about it, I mean, it doesn't really deal that much damage in the first place. They should try and focus more on rewarding casters with big damage for completing a cast *cough* soul fire and not this BS.

It will be back.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2014-04-04 at 06:01 PM.

Removing Fel Flame one of the most stupid ideas ever.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Stop assuming this game is only PvP
    Jessicka is 12/14HC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Jessicka is 12/14HC.
    And going no further unless someone wants to offer a boost to get it out the way!

I think it's a typo; he goes on to refer to the impact removing KJC would have on PvP which is fair enough I suppose. I'd only contest that in the little arena PvP I have done in this expansion, I barely cast a single cast-time spell, because it's just simply not viable. Clearly sugarfree is more experienced than me and can find the time when specced into the talent, that's fine.

Rarely ever used fel flame in pve. Could care less about them removing it. PvP i'm sure will feel it. Thought I would not want to lose KJC for it. Why cast a spell that cost a fuck ton of mana on the move when you can just use your normal filler on the move in pve? They should do something to help the PvPers out but not at the cost of fucking up pvE.

BTW Nerraw 12/14 HC doesnt mean his/her point is more valid than the other guy as most of us here have that or better. Not a knock on Jess or anything. Sugarfree does have a valid point.
    Last edited by xuros; 2014-04-04 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Agree
    Thirded...

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *Insert confession bear meme here* i never use fel flame also find it a useless and ugly spell (that small green pebble is ridiculous ).

Also i use KC talent.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Fel Flame is an awful ability that serves very little purpose that can't be garnered through existing abilities and talents, especially with the incoming gameplay changes. Easily one of the most obvious targets for pruning.

Affliction - Shadow Bolt / Demonology - Fel Flame / Destruction - Incinerate

That way we can keep the graphic even if it gains cast time and damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Thirded...
    Fourth'd. Them giving us fel flame back giving all three specs a balancable baseline movement damage while giving us a new talent in KjCs place would be exceptional. KjC and Fel Flame are to some extent filling the same niche so I can understand why they wish to remove one. However it's better for many reasons (including Aff's concerns with having no DD spell other than Haunt) that all specs retain Fel Flame and we get a different talent than KjC. If they want to reduce lock's movement DPS then removing KjC would be the best way to go about it. If they really wanted to they could make KjC-mark-9001 affect fel flame in some way granting us more movement damage, but removing Fel Flame removes an immense amount of needed situational usages. For example, they could have KjC-mark-9001 grant Fel Flame additional damage/resource generation but giving it a cast-time, or a multitude of other talents.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    BTW Nerraw 12/14 HC doesnt mean his/her point is more valid than the other guy as most of us here have that or better. Not a knock on Jess or anything. Sugarfree does have a valid point.
    It doesn't guarantee it, no. It does give them a good starting pltform though.

I don't really see a reason of why are they removing Fel Flame, I guess that we will suffer from huge dmg loss while on the move, and pulling mobs, destroying totems/psyfiends will be much harder if not impossible to do now. It was basically the only filler destro had. Looking back in WOTLK destro didn't have Fel Flame either and was exceptionally good spec, if not the best (even compared to MOP state of destro spec), and that is giving me a glimmer of hope that it just might end well for destro, I dunno...