Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Actually am a top tier Warlock and am usually 1st in DPS overall. The tanks we have in are guild are incredible well groomed players. If your burst is of a pull is pulling off the tanks then that's rather bad and a tank player issue.
    The problem is that not all of us are strictly in runs with excellent players. So if this change goes through, and we make the assumption that the individual player skill stays around the same, we can either end up dead or have to stand around looking pretty for varying periods of time.

I've played a Warlock for years and almost never would use Fel Flame....Very situational and see's very little use. Same with Soulshatter why it's getting removed also.
    You must have not raided during TBC where Soulshatter was crucial for locks that were topping the dps meters!

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    You must have not raided during TBC where Soulshatter was crucial for locks that were topping the dps meters!
    It was also a big problem in wotlk. I remember constantly having Paladins use their blessing on me to reduce threat at least in T7 raids. Maybe even in Ulduar?

I'm happy those days are gone, but I still think Shoulshatter deserves to stay. It's a spell I LOVE. It keeps me alive. It lets me juggle threat sometimes just for fun. Where's the harm in that???

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The problem is that not all of us are strictly in runs with excellent players. So if this change goes through, and we make the assumption that the individual player skill stays around the same, we can either end up dead or have to stand around looking pretty for varying periods of time.
    If your with bad tanks for one..With or without soulshatter your still going to be dead. Second a 2-3 second wait on pull will get the job done if absolutely necessary. It's not a essential and needed spell. The fact that their keeping trash spells like Banish/Enslave Demon i think is hinting that it will hopefully see a lot of use in WoD. If not then i have no idea what the hell Blizzard is doing. Warlocks need a lot of luv atm imo. Need Shadowflame back, shadow bolt back as the main filler, reworked talents.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaandOmega View Post
    It's not a recolored ice lance, it works like ice lance but it's a recolored fireball.
    "That's like people that call the new Chimera mount a recolored/remodeled protodrake or chicken mount, how can people play wow and be so blind?

It's a copy of Ice Lance with a different look. Happy?

I won't miss it.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Need Shadowflame back, shadow bolt back as the main filler
    I agree 100%. Nothing would make me happier in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    In TBC i was a Mage. And yes i died lots to my crazy AOE damage. What was relevant in TBC isn't so much now. There is other ways to survive you just gotta come up with new ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bridius View Post
    I agree 100%. Nothing would make me happier in this game.
    Yea man. Actually surprised it hasn't happened yet. Ever since that channeling crap it's totally killed the fun of Affliction. KJC casting Shadow Bolts is 1000% more engaging and fun. And shadowflame was just fantastic all around i used that spell on basically every trash pull...It was my opener.

Quote Originally Posted by fenderiaris View Post
    Am i crazy or did i actually read they want to remove drain soul?????????????? I mean DRAIN SOUL???????????
    Yeah, they did. They also put in a perk that you get while leveling into MG that does extra damage to targets below 20%

Maybe this eases your soul.

OT: I hardly EVER use fel flame on my lock in pvp
    Last edited by Ossandran; 2014-04-05 at 11:00 PM.

Yea man. Actually surprised it hasn't happened yet. Ever since that channeling crap it's totally killed the fun of Affliction. KJC casting Shadow Bolts is 1000% more engaging and fun. And shadowflame was just fantastic all around i used that spell on basically every trash pull...It was my opener.
    I never minded being in melee range for Shadowflame either, especially with Demo it was actually pretty fun. It really was such a great spell. It was nice on trash pulls, great for questing when you had tons of mobs on you, great for soloing old content walking through a pack of mobs and just shadowflaming them to death. I really miss that spell.

Don't even get me started with Shadowbolt. The most iconic warlock spell of them all. I don't miss the days of Affliction where I had to apply Siphon Life and Immolate on top of everything else, BUT I do miss Shadowbolt.

I quit WoW and raiding halfway through heroic Dragon Soul. I was actually looking forward to MoP but didn't even start playing until they announced SoO and 5.4 SOLELY because of Malefic Grasp. Affliction will never be the same.

I never minded being in melee range for Shadowflame either, especially with Demo it was actually pretty fun. It really was such a great spell. It was nice on trash pulls, great for questing when you had tons of mobs on you, great for soloing old content walking through a pack of mobs and just shadowflaming them to death. I really miss that spell.

Don't even get me started with Shadowbolt. The most iconic warlock spell of them all. I don't miss the days of Affliction where I had to apply Siphon Life and Immolate on top of everything else, BUT I do miss Shadowbolt.

I quit WoW and raiding halfway through heroic Dragon Soul. I was actually looking forward to MoP but didn't even start playing until they announced SoO and 5.4 SOLELY because of Malefic Grasp. Affliction will never be the same.
    Yep, they defiantly screwed up. Warlocks haven't been the only victims either. Fire mages toke the same beating, what i used to play. Removing fire blast, blast wave, making flamestrike half shitty. Those were basically the best spells. Blast wave was well.....A blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Fel Flame is what made the 90 talents almost a decision. Now there is none. It fucked up far more than your worries about totem stomping, which frankly was probably fair reason to take it away just as they did with attack totem macros.
    Once they stop making totems ridiculously OP (*cough* healing stream totem), I'd agree totem stomping is stupid.

I don't see why blizzard is removing this many abilities tbh. Many of the abilities removed -are- actually quite useful without even littering your keybinds. At one point I'll have so many keybinds freed up that it becomes annoying.

I don't think anyone has proven that Fel Flame or Soul Shatter are useless or unneeded.

We were given them for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    I don't think anyone has proven that Fel Flame or Soul Shatter are useless or unneeded.

Either the developers forgot why, or we're not seeing them in the context of all of the other changes. My money is on the latter. Everybody is getting way too wound up for the 1st day of the alpha.

I'm happy those days are gone, but I still think Shoulshatter deserves to stay
    I miss the days when you had to pay attention to threat, and as a tank you had to maintain threat. Soulshatter on a 5 min CD was kind of lame but I liked the concept of being so powerful you couldn't just spam.

It boggles my mind that there are warlocks that don't use Soulshatter or Fel Flame.

I question their knowledge of the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Limited use combined with what it was actually good for. Fel Flame had no place in dungeons or raids with the exception of Thok. It's really not all that bad. For all we know were getting a new spell. If u want to cast on the move get KJC. Fel Flame had a horrible design, cast 8 and OOM. If it wasn't going to get removed it defiantly needed a makeover.

See now Shadowflame....Now that's a spell we should get back too it's former glory.
    This is the issue you're completely missing. You will want to be able to move to some extent or other, and losing Fel Flame makes AD and MF much less attractive options. Fel Flame is necessary to balance that entire talent tree row.

Now I'm just going to put this here...
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Improved Scorch - After casting Scorch, your movement speed is increased by 30% for 3 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by jackvii View Post
    It boggles my mind that there are warlocks that don't use Soulshatter or Fel Flame.

I question their knowledge of the class.
    I end up soulshattering at the top of the 2nd intermission of H Garrosh basically every time.

What people should realize about Fel Flame is that this only widens the gap between how good KjC is and how bad the other two are. Fel Flame propped up movement DPS for Aff/Demo/Destro when not specced into KjC. Now if there's a fight where you HAVE to take something that's not KjC that also has a ton of movement we'll be quite worse.

If you never use Fel Flame you likely use KjC too much.

Besides movement, I'll use Fel Flame at the very last little bit of a boss to try and get an extra Shadowburn, or I'll use it to try and get that last little point of damage on a low-health mob so I can Shadowburn it where I otherwise would kill it with an Incinerate or something. Fel Flame has a ton of uses, even in it's most recent form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    This is the issue you're completely missing. You will want to be able to move to some extent or other, and losing Fel Flame makes AD and MF much less attractive options. Fel Flame is necessary to balance that entire talent tree row.

Now I'm just going to put this here...
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Improved Scorch - After casting Scorch, your movement speed is increased by 30% for 3 sec.
    I'm not sure if I can find the quote, but one of them (I think Celestalon) said that Scorch is still in because it allows fire to fish for crit procs and keep their rotation rolling. Destruction and Demo need Fel Flame to be able to keep their rotations going as well..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaandOmega View Post
    "Who can't see the forest before the trees."

I think you mean for the trees, but you're not american to know that because you're a euro-trash der-y ver-d
    Oh, wow I'm so hurt by that. Really spot-on too, you must be a fucking psychic. Also wtf is 'dery verd'? Try harder dipshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post

Nah dude apparently if it doesn't increase your dps in endgame content, then it has no purpose.

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2014-04-06 at 02:47 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I'm not sure if I can find the quote, but one of them (I think Celestalon) said that Scorch is still in because it allows fire to fish for crit procs and keep their rotation rolling. Destruction and Demo need Fel Flame to be able to keep their rotations going as well..
    I saw that, and exactly, it's necessary for resources, which for Destruction, additionals are obtained with Crits.

Edit: Also pointed out in my reply to him on that thread, that Fire really has very little issue with mobility; and the changes to the 90 talent row will make things even better. It's actually one of my favourite specs to play, and if I wasn't so hard-headedly commited to this character I'd be half tempted to reroll based on the Mage changes so far, they're looking pretty awesome >.>
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2014-04-06 at 12:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually am a top tier Warlock and am usually 1st in DPS overall. The tanks we have in are guild are incredible well groomed players. If your burst is of a pull is pulling off the tanks then that's rather bad and a tank player issue.
    This made me lol.