Page 38 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The sad part is that talent is probably the best of the 3, since in the very least, it means Chain Heal doesn't lose healing on each bounce.

Yes, that talent is going to end up being the default selection probably mainly for the removal of the CH degradation and the RNG chance for a couple extra bounces. Condensation Totem will just be awful - the GCD cost, fact that it ties up the water totem channel for 15 of every 30 seconds, on top of the fact that if you're overhealing, you don't need more spell power on your next cast, and if you're not overhealing, the totem won't soak up overhealing. Storm Elemental is likely to be fairly weak for Resto given that it's a 5 minute cooldown with passive ticking type output over a 1 minute duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursey View Post
    Just a though about these last two point here, Yes casting CH of a RT target will net you more HPS, in some situations it could be better to actually heal more targets for 25% less. There isn't any point healing one less target for 25% more if 24% of it is overheal. In a raid environment where people are meant to be sub 100% HP then maybe healing more targets for slightly less and even out raid health might be more benefit overall.

In my opinion anyway, I feel you might be getting too caught up in the math of min/max HPS and forgetting that what is thermostatically possible is not always practicably the best solution.
    Depends on whether the heal is overheal or not. If it is overheal it doesn't count torwards your hps. If the healing is not overheal than its worth it to get. The only choice you have on the subject is where to start your chain heal. Basically if one of your riptide targets is sub 100% its worth it. if All 3 are at 100% then go ahead and chain heal a non riptide target because it is highly probably that the raid is nearly full and only needs small passive heals. However if the raid doesn't need that much healing you might as well regen mana with TC, hot more targets/use totems and let HR do its work.

Essentially "thermostatic" and "highest hps gain" tend to go hand in hand. The rare exceptions are low health targets dipping that need to be topped before huge damage spikes or mechanics like thok's screech.

http://i.imgur.com/qMsKpY4.gif

Don't think we'll have issues with taking Totemic Persistence, soon everyone will have only one totem of each element anyway at this rate.

Resto shamans now get 5% mastery as Secondary Stat Attunements. "These take the form of a passive ability that grants a 5% increase to the amount of a specific secondary stat gained. This provides a good starting point for where to focus your secondary stats"

Now they are just taking the piss out of us..Resto best stat is MASTERY! Yay

Deleted
    We've already made tons of fun about that. Then mastery lovers took offence. Oh well.

Btw, i know it's not resto, but EQ got removed. After all the talk about how it won't be useless and the CL - EQ interaction is going to make ele interesting, they just cut it?

Blizzard really believes Mastery will be the highest throughput stat, and now shamans are the only class without a mana regen ability? what is going on

EDIT: Looks like they are removing most of the mana regen abilities. I take back what I said except for mastery part
    Last edited by Aviators; 2014-06-13 at 11:19 PM.

Apparently mana regen has been ''adjusted''.

Though based on previous experience (i.e. past 3 expansions) that probably means resto shaman regen will suck majorly the first tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    Blizzard really believes Mastery will be the highest throughput stat, and now shamans are the only class without a mana regen ability? what is going on
    Also RIP Water Shield it seems. I don't see the point of what they're removing at this time, like, I thought the point was to remove things from bloated rotations, I don't recall Water Shield being in my rotation at all. That honestly bugs me more than Mana Tide removal...

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Apparently mana regen has been ''adjusted''.

Though based on previous experience (i.e. past 3 expansions) that probably means resto shaman regen will suck majorly the first tier.
    cry more kid

removing water shield mana regen and adding it passively is not hard because it was something passively added before. you just no longer the visual effect lol

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    cry more kid

removing water shield mana regen and adding it passively is not hard because it was something passively added before. you just no longer the visual effect lol
    I'd like to keep my visual effect if it's all the same to you. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    I'd like to keep my visual effect if it's all the same to you. :P
    minor glyph? /shrug

saying that you're gonna have trash tier regen because water shield is no longer a buff and is just passive is stupid because water shield was always just a passive thing. maybe the orb proccing from dmg stuff added regen but that just meant in some fights shaman never went oom and made balancing spell costs a nightmare.

cry more kid

Like said, the visual effect is what's going to be missed the most, and it seems out of place that it seems like resto is going to be the only spec without an elemental shield on themselves now.

minor glyph? /shrug

saying that you're gonna have trash tier regen because water shield is no longer a buff and is just passive is stupid because water shield was always just a passive thing. maybe the orb proccing from dmg stuff added regen but that just meant in some fights shaman never went oom and made balancing spell costs a nightmare.
    You might be reacting a bit strongly to this, all they said was based on past experience and the way this is heading, shaman regen is going to suck. They're removing water shield and Mana Tide, I think it's a pretty safe to say that it's possible to head down that path again.

They said they were looking into making a minor glyph giving you back the Water Shield visual effect through putting up Lightning Shield or something. That will almost certainly happen.

Water Shield has been just useless ability bloat since they removed the charges in 5.0. You just cast it once an hour or after you die. The only gameplay is remembering to hit it that once an hour (with huge penalties to forgetting to do so). It really just wastes action bar and spell book space and creates a trap for newbies. The water orb visual is what's iconic about it.

MTT really was also not gameplay any more than Innervate, Divine Plea, etc were. It was just something you hit on cooldown after the first use. With Spirit on gear being diminished in significance in 6.0 and the raid regen portion nerfed to near irrelevance, it was really going to just be something that you have to remember to hit every 3 minutes, while every other healer had the equivalent removed. I don't see any real reason to keep it.

They also removed all of the active regen abilities from all classes which is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    They also removed all of the active regen abilities from all classes which is interesting.
    don't think any healer would be surprised, i would rather the healing classes get balanced rather than each class having some unique and "fun" way of regenerating mana when nothing is happening, that's what alt + tab is for.

minor glyph? /shrug

Reading comprehension ftw. I didn't say we'll have trash regen because water shield is removed, I said it because Blizzard is horrible at balancing rshaman mana regen at the beginning of new x-pacs.
    Last edited by Eliot123; 2014-06-13 at 09:57 PM.

Wow at some of the latest changes. Make me really interested in playing my Shaman again.

Water Shield was annoying and so was Mana Tide. I'm a little giddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    They said they were looking into making a minor glyph giving you back the Water Shield visual effect through putting up Lightning Shield or something. That will almost certainly happen.
    That'd be good. The animation is legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be glad to keep the graphic if I can, it looks amazing and is very fitting for Restoration. What they'll be compensating us with for the removal of both abilities however, I'm still unsure of and a little skeptical about...

WTB glyph of cosmetic water shield haha

RIP some shaman flavor but good changes as far as I'm concerned. Button count was getting excessive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raghnar View Post
    My suggestion for a reworked mastery :

Deep Healing: each time you heal an injured ally, the potency of your healing spells are increased for 6s by up to 20%, based on the health level of the target.

Example: with a mastery of 20%, if you heal someone at 30% health, your healing will be increased by 20%*70%=14% for 6s or until you heal someone with a lower health.

The difference with live is that’s not the current target health that will interact with your mastery but the most injured of the targets you healed the last 6s.

Also something like this is in my mind a reasonable change to mastery. o_o

not sure if it would cause unwarranted "leme heal the low guy" broken game play however.