Page 85 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranjit View Post
    I personally find the bashing well-deserved. Our mastery never worked well in PvE environment and it's performance was steadily declining. In similar cases concerning other classes, we've seen mastery reworks in the past, some successful, some not. In the meantime, we're sitting here, hoping for the best. "It will work this time guys, we promise!" Will it? Perhaps. But don't tell me there is no grounds for doubt.
    This is exactly my point. Of course there is reason for doubt. But people here are proclaiming that changing mastery will change the whole game for us. And I find that hard to believe. I generally take developer claims with a grain of salt these days (mostly since i've been around for too long). But with the whole Purification (+5% Mastery) thing going on, it would be hard for them to make mastery bad.

I think people are quite stuck in thinking like SoO raids where people spend 99% of the time on full HP. Also a lot of people seem to confuse the scaling of mastery stats. Since you get a lot more +healing% from mastery rating than you get crit% from crit rating.

Those calculations are grossly outdated. Haste now buffs linearly, unlike in MoP. Crit was nerfed. But lets, for the sake of argument, assume that 66% border. It does NOT translate to: "When your raid consistently dips below 66% HP, mastery is the best stat". What that threshold actually means is: "If your raid sits, on average, below 66% HP, mastery is your best stat".
    I realize, but it was to prove the above point that Mastery scales quite a lot faster than people realize. And that there are situations where mastery accounts for a lot more than crit does (especially since mastery kicks in most when it's needed most).
    Also it's not about the whole raid sitting below 66% HP, single cases do in fact matter a lot. In fact I forgot to mention a nerf for mastery, which is the gutting of smart healing.
    Smart healing matched real well with Mastery in fact because it always picked the lowest targets, meaning you get the most out of the mastery effect.

I'm not saying mastery is ideal, because the above example proves how hard it is to balance. I'm just saying that with the new healing model incoming (which we notice next to nothing about atm) and the determination by blizzard to make mastery good (which they're kinda stuck to with the whole purification passive we get now); I think it's too soon to just bash wildly at mastery like that would solve all our issues.

Notice, that scenario means that for every second the raid sits on average HP of 80%, they must drop to around 50% for equal amount of seconds. For every second they sit on 90%, drop to 40%, etc. I somehow doubt people will sit on sub-50% for long enough. I really believe that's the moment cooldowns get dropped to get out of the danger zone.
    I dont know. That remains to be seen. What it also means however is that with mastery you'll be more effective at getting people out of those sub-70% situations. It's not like the whole raid needs to sit below 50% to make mastery useful. A riptide on a target at 50% HP (might be rather common) will be super effective because it'll get that buff from mastery that is point-for-point a lot stronger than crit/haste would be in that situation.

It's all, obviously, napkin math, real raid testing and time will tell. But if past experiences taught us anything, it is to doubt the long-term success of Triage Healing models. And that's exactly what our mastery relies on to be good.
    True, we'll see. I personally wasn't a real fan of the current healing model either. There was nothing challenging about it either.

perhaps they coud fix this by giving tho nonused mastery healing potential the ability to put an ABSORB shield of like 50 % of the nonused potential bonus healing from mastery on the healed target?

mad giggles how imba that would be, duawielding valanyr anyone?

Na i should stop joking, now back to reality:

Shaman mastery is incredible strong. in Progress. the first few kills.
    Its next to useless after that. But to me, farm doesnt matter. I like to be strong in rough situations, and not in easy faceroll situations.
    Thats why i dont jump on the bandwagon "mastery sucks" because its not true. Its only becomes true when content is outgeared and easy, and therfore meaningless.

But i agree that the kind of feel some people get "we have mastery that has no use because content is easy , and other are outhealing me because they can use their whole potential, while mine is hidden in mastery" is not very good.
    Perhaps really add some nice throughput sideffect for overshooting mastery to it perhaps via a glyp, to be able to compete in the late expansion THROUGHPUT SPAM WARS with them priests and druids?
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2014-10-22 at 12:56 PM.

I personally find the bashing well-deserved. Our mastery never worked well in PvE environment and it's performance was steadily declining. In similar cases concerning other classes, we've seen mastery reworks in the past, some successful, some not. In the meantime, we're sitting here, hoping for the best. "It will work this time guys, we promise!" Will it? Perhaps. But don't tell me there is no grounds for doubt.

Those calculations are grossly outdated. Haste now buffs linearly, unlike in MoP. Crit was nerfed. But lets, for the sake of argument, assume that 66% border. It does NOT translate to: "When your raid consistently dips below 66% HP, mastery is the best stat". What that threshold actually means is: "If your raid sits, on average, below 66% HP, mastery is your best stat".

Notice, that scenario means that for every second the raid sits on average HP of 80%, they must drop to around 50% for equal amount of seconds. For every second they sit on 90%, drop to 40%, etc. I somehow doubt people will sit on sub-50% for long enough. I really believe that's the moment cooldowns get dropped to get out of the danger zone.

It's all, obviously, napkin math, real raid testing and time will tell. But if past experiences taught us anything, it is to doubt the long-term success of Triage Healing models. And that's exactly what our mastery relies on to be good.
    It actually more in the range of 70% or greater now with the attunement and nerf to crit through removal of AA. I completely agree that its crap but all our other stats were nerfed into the ground so it's the least crappy now.

Also Ancestral Awakening is not Ancestral Vigor as an FYI. Awakening was a multistrike like heal on a secondary target on every crit heal (minus HR). Vigor was an increase in a target's maximum health pool. I think arguably that AA was a lot better format for multistrike when it comes to healing than it's current form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    perhaps they coud fix this by giving tho nonused mastery healing potential the ability to put an ABSORB shield of like 50 % of the nonused potential bonus healing from mastery on the healed target?

mad giggles how imba that would be, duawielding valanyr anyone?

Na i should stop joking, now back to reality:

Shaman mastery is incredible strong. in Progress. the first few kills.
    Its next to useless after that. But to me, farm doesnt matter. I like to be strong in rough situations, and not in easy faceroll situations.
    Thats why i dont jump on the bandwagon "mastery sucks" because its not true. Its only becomes true when content is outgeared and easy, and therfore meaningless.

But i agree that the kind of feel some people get "we have mastery that has no use because content is easy , and other are outhealing me because they can use their whole potential, while mine is hidden in mastery" is not very good.
    Perhaps really add some nice throughput sideffect for overshooting mastery to it perhaps via a glyp, to be able to compete in the late expansion THROUGHPUT SPAM WARS with them priests and druids?
    the thing is though that it isn't even that great for progression either. Most fight mechanics were bursty more than anything and you weren't even given the opportunity to let people run low without fear of dying. Granted they are moving away from that but it still doesn't change the underlying problem. Namely that our mastery is a variable, one that we don't get to control. While it's not as bad as mistweaver's (biggest joke ever), it's not something we can use effectively or consistently.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Couple things.

As you mentioned, transition point for health is quite a bit higher than 66%. Crit is 150%, no free 30% smart heal, and 5% bonus to mastery. It might be high enough that a large portion of crits will be overhealing, making it even less valuable.

Second, I don't think you're correct in saying that the average health of the entire raid needs to be 66% (or whatever that transition point is) for mastery to be better. It's on a cast-by-cast basis. For each cast, look at the targets that were healed, and find the average health for each tick/heal. If 66% or less mastery is better. For single-target heals, then, only one person (your target) needs to be less than 66% for mastery to be better. If aoe healing, only the targets effected need to average 66%. This happens very frequently during progression.

An excellent point. I think we're all skeptical of the triage model still functioning in T18.

It is ridiculous that our mastery would require the raid to remain at low health to come into its own, especially when you have healers with stupid instant and insane aoe healing spells and hots which top people up quicker than our cumbersome and nerfed healing rain and slow cast chain heal spam can.

And it is even more ridiculous that all of our heals is balanced around having the raid remain at low health when people rarely remain at low health long enough for our heals to matter and especially so when our heals have been nerfed into the ground because of mastery and by having all of the smart heal component removed from it.

I have switched to healing our main runs on my much lower geared 570 priest (only had 2 pieces of Mythic gear equipped) and I did twice the healing my shaman (in full upgraded mythic gear) was able to do last week. And unless we are fixed before we start raiding in WoD, then that switch will become permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by ValiumMm View Post
    Our mechanics are exactly the same, yet we were very strong all expac.
    Exactly the same??? can't believe this guy's real.

For some it would, for those who didn't have the skills to utilize AG and fled to RS, change is minimal. For those who fled to conductivity because they always forgot to use HST on CD(or find it hard to manage mana - either way, lacks concentration), there is no change.
    but if you at least used AG and found it useful, there is a significant change. There's a huge difference between having three 3min CD and having three 3min CD plus one 2min CD. (other classes have three CD plus 1 or 2 tank CD)

AG acted as a lubricant in CD rotation
    Having that lubricant, was a huge compensate to having no tank CD. It was a big part of what made shaman's uniqueness.

We had choices, now we don't. How can you believe our mechanics are exactly the same??

Besides, we got our smart heals gutted. That can't be nothing. Not only that, we've got AA deleted as well.
    How can you believe our mechanics are exactly the same??

In the latest beta build, cloudburst totem was changed such that the heals gathered are split between injured players, per the tooltip, instead of all players as it was in earlier builds.

Also as reported earlier by Rheeah, healing rain was fixed to add a partial tick at the end, eliminating haste breakpoints.

It looks like blizzard does listen to some feedback, despite the silence on the beta forums.

Quote Originally Posted by sandpaperballet View Post
    Exactly the same??? can't believe this guy's real.

For some it would, for those who didn't have the skills to utilize AG and fled to RS, change is minimal. For those who fled to conductivity because they always forgot to use HST on CD(or find it hard to manage mana - either way, lacks concentration), there is no change.
    but if you at least used AG and found it useful, there is a significant change. There's a huge difference between having three 3min CD and having three 3min CD plus one 2min CD. (other classes have three CD plus 1 or 2 tank CD)

AG acted as a lubricant in CD rotation
    Having that lubricant, was a huge compensate to having no tank CD. It was a big part of what made shaman's uniqueness.

We had choices, now we don't. How can you believe our mechanics are exactly the same??

Besides, we got our smart heals gutted. That can't be nothing. Not only that, we've got AA deleted as well.
    How can you believe our mechanics are exactly the same??
    actually other classes had 1 maybe 2 cds and some minor cds that didn't do that much. Now we are more in line with other healers since HTT is(was?) our major cd and ascendance and ag are minor cds with longer than average cd lengths.

Furthermore the person you are quoting is referring to our rotational mechanics. AA does nothing to our rotation it's completely passive and has no affect on our mechanics. On top of that it really didn't count for much torwards overall healing since we didn't use single target spells very much.

Rotationally we have changed quite a bit but more in a backwards way. It's still essentially a chain heal spam. We lost refreshing healing rain all the time since the other 2 options were gutted and healing rain's. riptide and echo procs are new. Ele blast replaced telluric currents in a more every 15 sec vs periods of no damage thing. HST is more optional now unless you specced RS. Recall got gutted and isn't worth the gcd/attention to timers.

Our guild did mythic on Thursday night running our original mythic team and 10 extras from the guild some in very low gear. We went with 5 healers (pally druid shammy from our original team and a lower geared holy priest and monk) and most of it was a joke but my shammy was dead last even on Nuroshen. At Galakris I realised I had to change my healing and stopped using everything except HR, HST and HS until oom then wait 15 secs for mana regen to catch up and do it all again this got a decent amount of healing out and he went down easily On Jugganaut where we stopped our undergeared raid started to struggle a bit as the damage is still high I dumped my rotation and healing surged only to get to 2nd on the meters behind our druid. HTT did nothing to get the raid back during the shock pluses just about kept them alive only. Healing rain with conductivity just about keeps the melee going and can be practically forgotten about while I heal surged everyone else. Chain Heal cast was too long and healed for not enough on these movement heavy fights. I was totally disappointed and bored with the new healing style and after watching all the videos of the new raids I am really struggling to see how the shammy in it's present form is going to fit into it. Blizzard must do something surely this healing is awful.
    Last edited by PurSisstant; 2014-10-25 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madelein View Post
    It is ridiculous that our mastery would require the raid to remain at low health to come into its own, especially when you have healers with stupid instant and insane aoe healing spells and hots which top people up quicker than our cumbersome and nerfed healing rain and slow cast chain heal spam can.

And it is even more ridiculous that all of our heals is balanced around having the raid remain at low health when people rarely remain at low health long enough for our heals to matter and especially so when our heals have been nerfed into the ground because of mastery and by having all of the smart heal component removed from it.

I have switched to healing our main runs on my much lower geared 570 priest (only had 2 pieces of Mythic gear equipped) and I did twice the healing my shaman (in full upgraded mythic gear) was able to do last week. And unless we are fixed before we start raiding in WoD, then that switch will become permanent.
    I am sure you have heard hundreds of times that level 90 healing =/= level 100 healing.. So, after having heard all that can you actually listen to what you are saying?

The state of insane instant aoe heals and people not being low hp ever is something that is only for level 90 healing. It is not going to be like that at level 100. Simple as that.

Please stop QQing about the prepatch, it is way too pointless for your time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    I am sure you have heard hundreds of times that level 90 healing =/= level 100 healing.. So, after having heard all that can you actually listen to what you are saying?

The state of insane instant aoe heals and people not being low hp ever is something that is only for level 90 healing. It is not going to be like that at level 100. Simple as that.

Please stop QQing about the prepatch, it is way too pointless for your time.
    They said and tried the same thing during early Cataclysm. Didn't work out back then, wont work out now. It's devastating for PvP alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    They said and tried the same thing during early Cataclysm. Didn't work out back then, wont work out now. It's devastating for PvP alone.
    It might even have worked if they hadn't fallen in love with the concept of absorbs in the Ulduar patch...

How exactly didn't that work like that during early Cataclysm? It actually did work like that. You had to spam your heals to top people off, and hot classes were way better than absorb classes because of that. Resto druid and holy priests were way better than disc priests for the entire expansion ; because in a setting where almost every heal does effective healing (which was and will be the case) hot classes actually do more healing than absorb classes, that is just the way the numbers have been forever(even in mop). And in that state, the resto shaman mastery is pretty effective.

And about pvp, you know about battle fatigue right? Healers in pvp were already using this healing style in mop and it wasn't devastating at all.
    Last edited by Rorschachs; 2014-10-25 at 09:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PurSisstant View Post
    Our guild did mythic on Thursday night running our original mythic team and 10 extras from the guild some in very low gear. We went with 5 healers (pally druid shammy from our original team and a lower geared holy priest and monk) and most of it was a joke but my shammy was dead last even on Nuroshen. At Galakris I realised I had to change my healing and stopped using everything except HR, HST and HS until oom then wait 15 secs for mana regen to catch up and do it all again this got a decent amount of healing out and he went down easily On Jugganaut where we stopped our undergeared raid started to struggle a bit as the damage is still high I dumped my rotation and healing surged only to get to 2nd on the meters behind our druid. HTT did nothing to get the raid back during the shock pluses just about kept them alive only. Healing rain with conductivity just about keeps the melee going and can be practically forgotten about while I heal surged everyone else. Chain Heal cast was too long and healed for not enough on these movement heavy fights. I was totally disappointed and bored with the new healing style and after watching all the videos of the new raids I am really struggling to see how the shammy in it's present form is going to fit into it. Blizzard must do something surely this healing is awful.
    How?
    I've ran mythic with my guild, using 3 healers (4 on Juggernaut) and we were fine? I haven't ran oom ONCE. I really have no idea what you were doing, but it seems like you were doing _something_ wrong. Actually on fights like Juggernaut I was stronger than ever before. Fast kill timers, and people think they can faceroll everything now (meaning they stand in a lot of avoidable shit) made my mastery kick in most of the time.

I actually ranked second (now down to 6th) on Nazgrim the first time we killed him on patchday. Granted, our Paladin outhealed me by miles and didn't get a rank, so it might be that we're significantly undertuned for a number of fights, but this is still MoP. We're not tuned to be healing at 90, we're optimised for 100 with passives/talents we do not yet have

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    It might even have worked if they hadn't fallen in love with the concept of absorbs in the Ulduar patch...
    PvE wise, quite possible, PvP no. Let's face it, they'll never be able to make "slower PvP" and "triage healing" work. There's videos from the beta where frost Dks kill people such as a resto druid (with a few hots running) inside a single strangulate in Arena with full gear. So the "slow triage healing style" is already dead again, especially taking into consideration that that was with the accidental -25% dmg debuff.

Honestly I'd love a more "tactical" and interesting PvP. They just weren't able to make it work since Vanilla, every attempt failed badly and I doubt they'll ever achieve it. So each time they try to do it we healers have to suffer for a season at least from it since they tend to do so by hitting us with a big hammer. (Meanwhile some dps classes can almost keep up with pure healers in healing).

How exactly didn't that work like that during early Cataclysm? It actually did work like that. You had to spam your heals to top people off, and hot classes were way better than absorb classes because of that. Resto druid and holy priests were way better than disc priests for the entire expansion ; because in a setting where almost every heal does effective healing (which was and will be the case) hot classes actually do more healing than absorb classes, that is just the way the numbers have been forever(even in mop). And in that state, the resto shaman mastery is pretty effective.
    Did you even heal during Cataclysm starting patch? Doesn't seem like it. Yes resto shaman mastery was effective but the healing style on long term wasn't sustainable. It was slow, unrewarding, didn't work in PvP and drove a lot of people away. Blizzard started "fixing" it almost immediatly till we reached the point where it was effectively abandoned by the time Firelands hit.
    And about pvp, you know about battle fatigue right? Healers in pvp were already using this healing style in mop and it wasn't devastating at all.
    You apparently don't PvP. And no, healers weren't healing "triage" healing in MoP, please get a clue. In WoD we're healing for less, with slower casts, more hard casting and there's far less CC. The last part sounds good in theory, but ultimatively benefits melees a lot who make life hard for most healers bot resto druids and disc to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariandra View Post
    How?
    I've ran mythic with my guild, using 3 healers (4 on Juggernaut) and we were fine? I haven't ran oom ONCE. I really have no idea what you were doing, but it seems like you were doing _something_ wrong. Actually on fights like Juggernaut I was stronger than ever before. Fast kill timers, and people think they can faceroll everything now (meaning they stand in a lot of avoidable shit) made my mastery kick in most of the time.
    [/U]
    Maybe I am doing something wrong I'm by far not the best healer I'm sure, but, even so being one of the thousands of average healers who play wow the healing now felt terrible. I realise we're not tuned for 90 anymore and going oom was an experiment to see how long I could span HS until oom and looking at the numbers. I just felt that before 6 - I had choices the shammy had choices even with the smart heals, now, I feel like there are no choices nothing heals enough to give me a choice. Mythic SoO IS a faceroll because we shouldn't be able to take 10 new players who've never done mythic before and get past Immersus, but we 1 shotted it and others but until I spammed HS my healing did very little. I was hopeful my mastery would kick in because I now have that in spades full, but with the others out healing me all the time I'm sure no-one was low enough for it to kick in. I spoke to our druid as well who is doing much better hps than my shammy and he's fed up spamming regrowth and wants to reroll a dps and he's hc raided for years, even through Cata but he says not this time.

The raids in WoD are movement and damage heavy sound familiar and tanks will need healing more than in MoP and we're going to be short of mana - mechanics are mechanics they haven't changed much in a long time, patch 6 must surely be an indication of what the healing is going to be like and I can't be the only one who feels like this in general and the shammy in particular.

Did you even heal during Cataclysm starting patch? Doesn't seem like it. Yes resto shaman mastery was effective but the healing style on long term wasn't sustainable. It was slow, unrewarding, didn't work in PvP and drove a lot of people away. Blizzard started "fixing" it almost immediatly till we reached the point where it was effectively abandoned by the time Firelands hit.

You apparently don't PvP. And no, healers weren't healing "triage" healing in MoP, please get a clue. In WoD we're healing for less, with slower casts, more hard casting and there's far less CC. The last part sounds good in theory, but ultimatively benefits melees a lot who make life hard for most healers bot resto druids and disc to some extent.
    Lol. No mate I have indeed played in cataclysm and I do PVP. This thread was arguing that resto shaman mastery wasn't effective in cata so yeah I don't think there is anything to discuss here.
    Though I would like you to know that it is going to be as slow in wod. The problem that blizzard thinks cata style healing had was the mana issues, the healing needed to be constant and mana wasn't enough and I agree with blizz on this one. They are simply bringing back cata healing style with less mana problems, mana is only going to be an issue if you spam expensive spells in wod.

What you do in pvp is (especially in arena) pretty much always tank + spot heal. When im talking about the healing style I am talking about the slow/never at %100 healing style that you already mentioned as well. Your argument was that healing would be too weak and devastating and what im saying is that it simply was as weak and wasn't devastating. The numbers are going to be pretty much same healing wise in pvp, if not higher thanks to the removal of %50 battle fatigue.

Deleted
    Lol. No mate I have indeed played in cataclysm and I do PVP. This thread was arguing that resto shaman mastery wasn't effective in cata so yeah I don't think there is anything to discuss here.
    Nobody ever argued the effectiveness of the mastery in PvP, where she is Shamans one saving grace. The Raiders are arguing it's effectiveness in PvE and after the initial patch of Cataclysm and even during it with all the band aid fixes coming out it diminished and then lost it's useability altogether there.

Though I would like you to know that it is going to be as slow in wod. The problem that blizzard thinks cata style healing had was the mana issues, the healing needed to be constant and mana wasn't enough and I agree with blizz on this one. They are simply bringing back cata healing style with less mana problems, mana is only going to be an issue if you spam expensive spells in wod.
    Do you even Beta? PvP is as fast as ever, with people dying during a single stun. Healing meanwhile is on Cataclysm levels. Healing in PvP back then wasn't bad because of mana, but because it was slow, easy to prevent, couldn't keep up with the damage and often was outshined or at least a close call with hybrid healing while those hybrids also brought damage to the table.
    You can have all the mana in the world, if you can't get to actually heal, which is an issue for several classes. And it's even worse if you do get to heal but they power right through it anyway because heals are extremly inefficient.

What you do in pvp is (especially in arena) pretty much always tank + spot heal. When im talking about the healing style I am talking about the slow/never at %100 healing style that you already mentioned as well. Your argument was that healing would be too weak and devastating and what im saying is that it simply was as weak and wasn't devastating. The numbers are going to be pretty much same healing wise in pvp, if not higher thanks to the removal of %50 battle fatigue.
    Okay, you obviously do not Beta. I'm not even sure why I am actually talking to you, seeing your extreme lack of knowledge and outright lies alongside stuff like "lol mate" making it look like a waste of time.

Do you even Beta? PvP is as fast as ever, with people dying during a single stun. Healing meanwhile is on Cataclysm levels. Healing in PvP back then wasn't bad because of mana, but because it was slow, easy to prevent, couldn't keep up with the damage and often was outshined or at least a close call with hybrid healing while those hybrids also brought damage to the table.
    You can have all the mana in the world, if you can't get to actually heal, which is an issue for several classes. And it's even worse if you do get to heal but they power right through it anyway because heals are extremly inefficient.
    Healing in Cata was bad because of mana, that is not only my opinion but also Blizzards. http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/09/15/wa...ealing-in-dun/

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    In Cataclysm, fresh 85s had very little mana regen, and if they attempted to heal a dungeon the way they'd been accustomed in late Wrath (e.g. lots of Flash Heals), they'd quickly run out of mana. In Warlords, players have significantly higher base regen, and less available Spirit from items, so that you'll start off with a much deeper mana pool than is usually the case as a new max-level healer, while avoiding the problem of mana becoming irrelevant once in endgame epics.

In Cataclysm, nearly your only efficient heal was also your smallest, and it was easy to run yourself out of mana and feel helpless as you watched your group die; in Warlords even if you are running on fumes mana-wise, you can still sustain a steady stream of Greater Heal or Healing Touch or the equivalent. You aren't helpless.
    On the resto shaman mastery, I am not only talking about pvp. Also in PVE, it's still an increase. It's a niche mastery that actually does something.
    I can't understand why resto shamans can't stop QQing about it , maybe I can to some extent when absorbs are better than heals and people are actually sitting at full hp ; but that is not going to be the case in WOD. It is however still the case in the prepatch and people aren't patient enough and make conclusions that they shouldn't make from raiding in the prepatch.

By the way, nobody is forcing you to talk to me. You can pretty much leave me in my stupidity if you believe I am making no sense. As someone who has played healers in top 20 raiding guilds and 2k+ 3v3 arenas I doubt I am clueless though.

Deleted
    I can't understand why resto shamans can't stop QQing about it[...]
    It's not "QQing", it's criticism. Calling it in such a way puts you in the same group with people who claim "it's only beta, relax and wait for changes" (none came about btw) in response to any sort of beta-related criticism. And highly suggests you aren't actually a shaman main.

But, to humor you, me and perhaps some others, i will answer this question:

- It has been consistently underperforming compared to other secondary stats since it's introduction in Cataclysm (tier 11 being controversial, some people swear by it, but it was only downhill from there)

- It scales negatively with average ilvl of the raid (pretty hillarious when you think about it)

- It's design skews the beta parses; Provides inflated shaman numbers since beta attemps have lower average HP%, thus Shamans start most tiers underpowered

- Our toolkit provides no real opportunities to actually utilise it, with a very limited number of instant-cast, fast reacting spells

Those are just my personal reasons. Oh and i agree it's a niche mastery. It's niche is PVP.
    Last edited by mmoc15e7dacf84; 2014-10-26 at 06:02 PM.