Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Kid jumps in front of truck without looking-man stops to help, is beaten

Welcome to Detroit I guess? This guy was driving along, and some kid jumped out in front of his car without looking, not at a crosswalk, on a busy street-the driver does the right thing, gets out to help, and a mob of people jump on him and beat him for several minutes.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/surveillanc...opping-to-help

"The Clinton Township man accidentally hit an 11-year-old boy with his pickup truck, after police say the child darted out into the street."

"When the 54-year-old man immediately stopped to help the child, a gathering crowd turned on him, beating him repeatedly."

Disgusting story. I would rather walk through the streets of Iran with an american flag suit on then go to Detroit's bad neighborhoods right now. I mean it is clearly not the drivers fault that this happened, yet, he gets beaten for minutes for basically no reason.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Really don't want to bring race into this. So I'll keep my thoughts to myself. Just think it is a common thing within certain areas, let's leave it at that. Disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main article for this, before the video http://www.wxyz.com/news/driver-beat...ent-in-detroit

"7 Action News spoke with the son of the driver, who said his father has bleeding on the brain and they are waiting to see if he needs brain surgery.

The group also robbed the driver of his wallet."

Really? Beat a man into such a condition..then take his wallet to?
    You're a towel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    Really don't want to bring race into this. So I'll keep my thoughts to myself. Just think it is a common thing within certain areas, let's leave it at that. Disgusting.

Pretty much this..

Oh boy this thread is gonna derail fast..

Sounded like a setup to me. Either way, completely disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Well the kid really did get hit by the truck. I don't think a robbery set up would do that.

Also people saying things about race and "its going to get derailed"...this is not about race, it is about the absolutely horrible place Detroit apparently is.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    This thread sounds like a setup to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Well the kid really did get hit by the truck. I don't think a robbery set up would do that.

Also people saying things about race and "its going to get derailed"...this is not about race, it is about the absolutely horrible place Detroit apparently is.
    Because the plural of anecdote is data?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that one thing you have to keep in mind is that it's possible that many of the people who attacked the guy may have felt they were defending someone who just got hit by a car. The article mentions that hit and runs happen often.
    It's possible that the same scenario might easily play out in somewhere less "Welcome to Detroit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwiez View Post
    This thread sounds like a setup to me.
    Excuse me? A set up for WHAT exactly?

We can't even discuss things without people ranting about race one way or the other? Is that how the world is now? I did not mention race. the article did not mention race. A poster did.

I did not intend for this to be about white people, black people, asians, or martians for all I care. It is THESE SPECIFIC people.

Please stop derailing..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    I think that one thing you have to keep in mind is that it's possible that many of the people who attacked the guy may have felt they were defending someone who just got hit by a car. The article mentions that hit and runs happen often.
    It's possible that the same scenario might easily play it in somewhere less "Welcome to Detroit"

The article does mention that many hit and runs happen, however, the guy was getting out of his car and witnesses were saying he was going over to the boy, when he was jumped.
    You're a towel.

Yes, because shit only happens in Detroit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

even if the fault had been with the driver and not with the child he still wouldn't deserve a beating. not unless he'd specifically intended to hit the kid anyway and I can't imagine many people would immediately jump to that conclusion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Yes, because shit only happens in Detroit...
    This certainly did. Among many other terrible things every single day. Detroit is a complete nightmare. I would like to see an example of another city where this happened, someone stopped to help someone that jumped in front of there car and were jumped, and beaten..
    Last edited by Gumboy; 2014-04-04 at 01:55 PM.
    You're a towel.

From watching the video you can clearly see the kids getting ready to run into the street. Maybe one of the other kids actually pushed him though?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    It's possible that the same scenario might easily play out in somewhere less "Welcome to Detroit"
    Cause it's totally defending someone when they rob him too?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    That is one big issue this country has. Do not want to face up to the truth because they are concerned they will be called a racist. Never mind the facts, full steam ahead with blinders on. I know from experiences ( lived in a very poor and high violence section of Cleveland Ohio as a kid ) some issues are race related. Now there is a debate as to if poverty or what not is a factor. I am sure it has a impact. But still does excuse some of the racist actions of some who would consider themselves to be the victims of racism. Not all victims of racism happen to be the ones who normally are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because linking random crimes shows that Minnesota is a complete shithole, especially compared to Detroit..please.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am glad I live in Canada.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its funny because none of those are anything like what my OP was about-but keep reaching I guess?
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because linking random crimes shows that Minnesota is a complete shithole, especially compared to Detroit..please.
    The point I was making was simply that crime happens everywhere, it's just so much easier for people to point and say "Typical Detroit".