Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    dont worry about shaman resto are fine... all those change just make it that u need to considered who you gonna heal and when you gonna heal... if u used right u will heal for a lot, if u suck balls u will do a lot of overhealing.

remember all healer are like shamans now!... they will no go there spaming insta heal target.

all smart heal are getting nerf just because they do all the job and that is fine. just pressing a bottom and wait for that spell be #1 in ur healing spell is for noobs.

Enhancement and elemental are the only dps specs without defensive perks. Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Rogal Dorn View Post
    Enhancement and elemental are the only dps specs without defensive perks. Hmm
    ankh's a defensive!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Like i wrote on the other thread, im curious about 2 things mainly:

- Is ES gonna be dropped from the rotation in favor of using FS more often, regardless of it's duration running out?
    - How Maelstrom will end up working? 20% per stack was it? If i understood it correctly, that's 100% more dmg - at 5 stacks - to all your spells. Soooo what? We do one rotation to get to 5, do another at 5 and then dump it with LB? Or am i just being dumb?

Is it me or the Maelstrom perk is going to make Elemental Blast deal crazy damage?

Quote Originally Posted by whyabadi View Post
    Is it me or the Maelstrom perk is going to make Elemental Blast deal crazy damage?
    Yea lol, I forgot all about our Ele Blast somehow. We may melt faces even faster now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    ankh's a defensive!
    It was my only reliable Threat dump once upon a time

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    It was my only reliable Threat dump once upon a time
    Good old TBC before cd on WF, #1 dps #1 threat
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Good old TBC before cd on WF, #1 dps #1 threat
    Back when WF could proc from itself... those were the days :P

Since WF no longer have a icd, will blizz allow us to get MSW from WF now? I mean one SS can give us MSWx5 if we have WF/WF. Elemental Blast seems favorable right about now. Hell, LB can be top damage dealer for us again.

Quote Originally Posted by withoutaname View Post
    Since WF no longer have a icd, will blizz allow us to get MSW from WF now? I mean one SS can give us MSWx5 if we have WF/WF. Elemental Blast seems favorable right about now. Hell, LB can be top damage dealer for us again.
    Well, if you run wf/wf for maelstrom procs, you also give up 7% magical damage, which should be huge. There'll be no of ue:wf's effect either, so we waste something there also, the fire damage mod that's enhancing our now stronger flameshock (shocking lava) and elemental blast. I dont see why they would remove msw procs from SS. They may make WF unable to be used twice though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    I'm really interested to see where they take unleashed fury, given that static shock has been removed now; do they just make it lightning shield from autos and that's it or do things get changed up to make it affect windfury in some way? Same goes for our imbues since we seem to be shifting to WF/FB, UE is going to surely have to do something with FB other than just a simple slow.
    I have the same thoughts considering UF:WF's effect, but where do you get the notion we'll be running FB for offhand, or get anything other than a slow? From the looks of it, FB wont give enough benefits to justify dropping 40%ll damage, 7%magical damage, massively stronger imbue damage, and 100% proc chance on hit to snare, as opposed to a 40% proc chance. To add to that, UE/F:FT still adds the dmg modifier for EB and LB. With FrS on a seperate cd, UE:FB's snare will be rather unimportant, so there's only the FB sprint as a redeeming factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

I don't really understand why some folks complain that the enhancement perks look "boring." I'm not sure what you would want to see added, that wouldn't increase ability bloat, which is specifically one thing that Blizz stated they wanted to address.

can someone explain to me why the Maelstrom change will aparently dumb down the specc to only using LB at 5 stacks?
    Don't quite see the logic. If you think about it, every single charge basically is worth 20% of a LB on top of reducing LB casttime/manacost.
    Now this 20% dmg per charge gets thrown on the enemy no matter if you use them in groups of 3 or in groups of 5, why does this favor using LB only at 5 Maelstrom stacks?
    edit: this is speaking in a pure regular dps perspecitve. obviously considering burst (burnphase/pvp) pre-stacking/holding 5 stacks makes sense
    Last edited by TheTrueM4gg0t; 2014-04-06 at 01:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhancement

Improved Frost Shock - Your Frost Shock spell no longer shares a cooldown with your other shock spells.
    Improved Lava Lash - Increases the number of targets Flame Shock spreads to by 2.
    Improved Flame Shock - Your Flame Shock ticks have a 15% chance to reset the cooldown of Lava Lash.
    Improved Maelstrom Weapon - Maelstrom Weapon now also causes your spells to deal 20% additional damage per stack of Maelstrom Weapon.
    Improved Feral Spirits - Increases the damage of your Feral Spirits by 100%.

I'm definitely excited for these Enhancement perks.

Improved Frost Shock - A dream come true, especially on the PvP side of things. I don't know how long I've wanted this.
    Improved Lava Lash - An extra 2 targets for Fire Nova to erupt from? Who wouldn't love that! Our already strong area of effect will become even stronger.
    Improved Flame Shock - I've wanted this effect to be baseline ever since we received it. Searing Flames no longer being around will bring me back to Enhancement for sure.
    Improved Maelstrom Weapon - Lightning Bolt will finally feel like it actually does some damage!
    Improved Feral Spirits - After all the tickling and nibbling of people's toes they did in Mists, I'm finally glad they're getting a buff.

The change I'm most excited for in Warlords is that Lava Lash and Flametongue Weapon were buffed, and Searing Flames was removed. It was the most clunky mechanic and I hated things like that being tied to Totems. The mechanic that's kept me away from Enhancement will be gone, and I'll finally be able to go back to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowness View Post
    dont worry about shaman resto are fine... all those change just make it that u need to considered who you gonna heal and when you gonna heal... if u used right u will heal for a lot, if u suck balls u will do a lot of overhealing.

remember all healer are like shamans now!... they will no go there spaming insta heal target.

all smart heal are getting nerf just because they do all the job and that is fine. just pressing a bottom and wait for that spell be #1 in ur healing spell is for noobs.
    That isn't at all clear. The 1.5 second cast times on Wild Growth, Uplift, PoM and Paladin finishers won't really change much. They are adding 1.5 second cast times on spells that were 1.5 second instant GCDs; there's no change in the actual power of those spells, just the fact they can't use them while doing backflips in the air.

There is also no plan mentioned about how they will bring Illuminated Healing and Divine Aegis in line and prevent them from becoming the monstrosities they are in the current raid environment. Those were and are a bigger problem than smart healing ever was and should have been adjusted first. Resto Druids are only what ~5% behind Shaman now, and they didn't get any massive changes. Even if they left Shaman and Druids the same, Druids would have come out on top, because Shaman output is gutted by the smart heal design changes, whereas the most important part of Druids' output (i.e. Rejuv) is kind of immune to it. That didn't happen; we got massive nerfs on top of the smart heal thing while Druids and absorb classes didn't really get touched. Unless they plan on huge numbers compensation somewhere else, or unless our Mastery suddenly becomes overpowered with the healing paradigm change, this looks like a complete disaster for the spec.

What's even the point of these? Almost all of them look half assed and like someone came up with them in a hour. Hopefully they will all be changed later because right now the only remotely interesting ones is

Improved Reincarnation - Increases the health that you Reincarnate with by an additional 50%.
    Improved Riptide - Reduces the cooldown of Riptide by 1 sec.
    Improved Tidal Waves - Increases the cast speed reduction and critical strike chance of the Tidal Waves effect by 10%

These change something, The rest might as well be patch notes and when leveling who will tell the difference if your healing waves are now hitting for 1524 instead of 1270? Might as well be a int proc or a low end roll so what's the point of it?

What about like spells have a 25% chance to not consume Unleash Elements or something like that.
    Last edited by Axelond; 2014-04-06 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    What's even the point of these? Almost all of them look half assed and like someone came up with them in a hour. Hopefully they will all be changed later because right now the only remotely interesting ones is

Improved Reincarnation - Increases the health that you Reincarnate with by an additional 50%.
    Improved Riptide - Reduces the cooldown of Riptide by 1 sec.
    Improved Tidal Waves - Increases the cast speed reduction and critical strike chance of the Tidal Waves effect by 10%

These change something, The rest might as well be patch notes and when leveling who will tell the difference if your healing waves are now hitting for 1524 instead of 1270? Might as well be a int proc or a low end roll so what's the point of it?

What about like spells have a 25% chance to not consume Unleash Elements or something like that.
    I feel the perks exist more to differentiate spells that are in all 3 specs and power them up to perform in the context of the specs they are being used in. A vast majority of the perks for all classes are quite simple percentage increases but give some insight into how strong said spell will be for specs that wouldn't normally use it and are missing said perks.

Improved Chain Lightning - Your Chain Lightning increases the damage of your next Earthquake by 20% per target hit by the Chain Lightning.
    Nice try, Blizzard, but I'm still not going to use that PoS spell.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

I wish they would take earth shock off of the shock CD, only for fulmination procs, as well as make earthquake become an alternate instant cast for fulmination procs, even if they gave that effect an internal CD.

^ I'd rather they just make flame shock a dot spell with no CD ^.