Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Let's see... 2 biggest WoW streamers are not streaming atm(Sodapoppin, Towelliee)... Also none of the other top WoW streamers(that I can recognize) aren't streaming either.

Also a lot of the ESO streamers are WoW streamers.

Blizzard games are the most popular games(longevity-wise) that's for sure.

The eSport games(DOTA 2/LoL) can't be really counted as they have tournaments going on every day and the streams are literal cancer in terms of viewer-streamer interactivity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Have proof of this? If so, please share. If not, then do not share.
    At the time of the quote "[The Beatles are] More popular than Jesus", religion had been in a steady decline in the UK (this interview was conducted by a UK newspaper and was in the context of the UK). Explaining the context of the quote, Lennon said:

"Well, originally I pointed out that fact in reference to England. That we meant more to kids than Jesus did, or religion at that time. I wasn't knocking it or putting it down. I was just saying it as a fact and it's true more for England than here. I'm not saying that we're better or greater, or comparing us with Jesus Christ as a person or God as a thing or whatever it is. I just said what I said and it was wrong. Or it was taken wrong. And now it's all this"

So rather than meaning "Bigger than Jesus" as it is commonly mis-attributed to be, the quote had meant to say that, for better or worse, the Beatles had more influence/impact on the lives of (English) people at the time. Considering the failing of Religion there and the sheer cultural scope of their music, a very reasonable stance.

(Eheheh. Sorry to be off-topic here. Uhmm... Yeah. Blizzard is pretty cool, despite recent controversial decisions)
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I must say, Diablo 3: RoS is very fun.

At least they have one development team that has their shit together. Unfortunately the WoW dev team dropped the ball a long time ago, and the ship has been sinking ever since.
    What kind of world are we living in where people are praising D3 over WoW now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    Those statements back to back just make me laugh. D3 looks like it very easily could have been created for Sega CD (the one that came with Sega Genesis in 1991). It has HORRIBLE graphics and game play design for the generation of games it was released too. It is living proof that you can feed fans crap games and expect the keep coming back just because they are fans. Same with SC2 actually.
    Yeah sure it looks like Sega CD -_-

And you're confusing technical graphics with art style. Blizzard has always used low end graphics engines for performance and counteracted it with a strong art style.

It's not like they make FPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    MMO-Champion - the only fansite where it's more prevalent to insult the company that makes the product than to praise it.
    So I thought until I saw the official D3 site.

Still trying to scrape all the AIDs out of my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

They make good games but their Dev teams can be amazingly stupid sometimes. Specifically the WoW Dev team, Which seems like it is having some kind of major internal issues that we aren't aware of. (WoD - "Further along in Development than MoP was in October, only starting Alpha now" and no new content to a 15$ a month sub game for over a year. Oh and maybe not even all the new character models they have supposedly been working on since Cata).
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2014-04-05 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    They make good games but their Dev teams can be amazingly stupid sometimes.
    I feel like this could be reworded as: "Humans can achieve impressive feats, but they can be amazingly stupid sometimes."

Blizzard is very good at taking existing game concepts and refining them into a very widely appealing and accessible game. They have a knack for knowing just what to eliminate and what to add to make something suddenly explode in popularity.

Whether their games are good or not is subjective. Whether they are popular isn't.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    They're one of the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, WoW has only gotten better. And is the single most successful game in history. With patch 2.0 and RoS, D3 has gone from a 5 to a 10 . Hearthstone is one of the best casual games this decade and Starcraft is a top 3 E-Sport ad extremely popular around the world. I'd say as a company, Blizzard is the best there is.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

I think D3 before Loot 2.0, not even RoS but specifically the loot patch before, stands as a shining example of Blizzard being able to make bad decisions that can condemn otherwise good games.

Lol @ people comparing Twitch viewership to popularity.
    Wow's twitch is entirely based in PvP Arena matches, ESO isnt at a point where the playerbase is even close to having such PvP matches.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    All of their games are just a huge success, even those that are just utterly out of no where like Hearthstone.
    If you look at twitch top 12, all recent blizzard games are in there.

Is blizzard just the best of the best or is this just luck on their part of games.
    Yes. Blizzard are the gods of gaming. There is no other explanation for their massive success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    No they are not, however they are great at getting many people to play their games (propaganda), their games aren't really "good" they are more "addictive" instead, just like heroin is more addicting than beer.
    You can't be addicted to a bad product. The product must be good enough to give the sensation to be addicted to it. People that have played Wow a long time aren't addicted, they are either invested in the game or don't find a better alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I think the point is that there are 3k people watching a stream of just a login screen when they could be watching anything else...
    Yeah, exactly. If 3000 people would rather watch nothing for hours, then I'd count that as a pretty strong market share, specially considering its not some regular streamer who just has people check it out because.

They've just established a fanbase that is so large and enjoys each and every game they put out because they all connect in some way. or at least that's why I play all of them still. Not sure if that's just me though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...lling_PC_games

Considering there are 5 Blizzard games in the top 20 best selling PC games of all time, then yeah, Blizzard is one of the most successful video game producers in the industry. Regardless of whether you think the games are fun or not, you can't deny the fact that they sell like hotcakes.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    popularity doesn't make you god, despite john lennon's words
    He never said or implied that it did.

I think it would be silly to say Blizzard isn't their best anymore just because WoW isn't as big, since they have other games that are even larger now, and they're just expanding, despite their most popular title decreasing. They even proved they can make something new and still hit a home run with it so to speak(Hearthstone). Blizzard definitely is on the high end of great publishers out there, despite what negativity might be brewed from bitterness about WoW.

Hard to say. As far as storyline goes, I think they've gotten considerably worse. SC2:HotS, and D3 all have had terrible plots. The gameplay is still there but the storytelling has suffered a lot.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    for most of my Life I always had 1 game from the 3 following Companies in my regular gaming sessions: Blizzard, Square-Enix(formerly Squaresoft) and Bioware.

Reaching right back to WC1-2/FF6-8/Neverwinter Nights/Baldurs Gate Era.

In the last 5 years the only company that still has a permanent game in my "currently playing" Library is Blizzard.

Be it Starcraft, WoW or Diablo I always have 1 installed and play it regularly.

Blizzard will always remain one of the greats of the Video Game industry to me.