Thread: This New Season

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

This New Season

I love this...."sorry, playing against a warlock"....new season and..."pardon, yet another warlock"....playing against all those new pla...."srsly wtf another warlocks"...yers and trying out new...."for f' sakes is anybody not a warlock"....combos.

...sigh

This has been my experience for season 1 so far from ranks 15-10 or thereabouts when I started keeping track.

Warlock has two very strong decks right now that appeal to a lot of players since you can either go aggro or control, and the aggro warlock is inexpensive to make so that helps its popularity I'm sure.

(I haven't really started the grind yet, I need more data)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm willing to bet its not as bad as you're making it out to be, although I don't doubt Warlock is the most popular class

You brought a custom made pie chart to the discussion....

I applaud you sir.

The ladder gets a lot more interesting when you start keeping track of stuff

I like my datas

So make a deck that counters zoo locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Yes I can do that, but thats not my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    This has been my experience for season 1 so far from ranks 15-10 or thereabouts when I started keeping track.

Warlock has two very strong decks right now that appeal to a lot of players since you can either go aggro or control, and the aggro warlock is inexpensive to make so that helps its popularity I'm sure.

(I haven't really started the grind yet, I need more data)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm willing to bet its not as bad as you're making it out to be, although I don't doubt Warlock is the most popular class
    I've basically played nothing but hunters, druids, and warlocks. A spattering of other classes here and there, but the majority has been the three mentioned.

Hunters come in either the aggro rush deck, or the control secret bow deck.

Warlocks have come in either a aggro zoo deck, aggro murloc deck, or handlock.

Druids are just the same old shit. Drop a bunch of taunt and control then every legendary they own.

Deleted
    I noticed that the majority of my opponents are either Warlocks (both rush and handlock) or hunters. But it's only natural I guess, a lot of people will flock to things that are horribly broken with strats that can be pulled of by a brain-dead mongoloid.

Deleted
    There is no deck that counters zoo locks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    There is no deck that counters zoo locks.
    Yes there is. Couple decent sized taunts and aoe clear. When the warlock has no hand and you clear his board in time, he will most likely run out of steam, if you get more big cards in play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boonoob View Post
    Yes there is. Couple decent sized taunts and aoe clear. When the warlock has no hand and you clear his board in time, he will most likely run out of steam, if you get more big cards in play.
    Warlocks running out of cards is a myth.

you make a deck too anti aggro you have a horrible matchup against controll

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spelle View Post
    Shaman control deck is heavily anti-aggro which also matches up very well with other control decks.

Think about what your chosen deck's strengths and weaknesses are and ADAPT. If your deck that's doing very well against mid/control is being slaughtered by aggro, then remove a card or two that will have the least impact on your output vs control and replace with cards that will drastically improve your chances against aggro (eg Sunfury, DoA, Taz'Dingo)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boonoob View Post
    Oh if its that easy then I guess you just revolutionized the meta.

Not sure you understand how Zoo works, or what the warlock hero power does, or how good Doomguard really is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Oh if its that easy then I guess you just revolutionized the meta.

Not sure you understand how Zoo works, or what the warlock hero power does, or how good Doomguard really is.
    Herpa derp derp

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Shaman control deck is heavily anti-aggro which also matches up very well with other control decks.

Think about what your chosen deck's strengths and weaknesses are and ADAPT. If your deck that's doing very well against mid/control is being slaughtered by aggro, then remove a card or two that will have the least impact on your output vs control and replace with cards that will drastically improve your chances against aggro (eg Sunfury, DoA, Taz'Dingo)
    and as i said if you put those cards in you are much worse vs controll

15+ Year Old Account
    and as i said if you put those cards in you are much worse vs controll
    You don't even read what you're posting against do you?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

It's all rock-paper-scissors. If you make a deck that easily counters another, you'll have difficulty against the third. RNG and skill play a big part of it as well, but you can't depend on those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omnibishop View Post
    It's all rock-paper-scissors. If you make a deck that easily counters another, you'll have difficulty against the third. RNG and skill play a big part of it as well, but you can't depend on those.
    Unfortunately skill is irrelevant for the lock and hunter decks which seem to infest the ladder. So all you have lleft is too luck out either in draws or particular deck.

That was my point. If all you are facing is zoo locks, then you make a counter deck and win every game you play. If you are actually facing a mixture of decks then there was no problem to begin with and you should probably stop crying because you queued into your counter deck a couple of times.