1. #1

    New Legacy Raid Difficulty

    So, Wowhead just datamined this:

    "LEGACY_RAID_DIFFICULTY:: Legacy Raid Difficulty"

    Is that what I think it is? Old raids being scaled to 100 maybe? What rewards do you think they'd use as an incentive for this sort of thing?

  2. #2
    You being scaled down to the lvl of the dungeon. The tech is already there with a bug on live servers.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Wrathonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Charlotte
    Posts
    4,504
    Jesus, I hope so. Even if it's just for lols. Raid an Orc Foundry in Draenor or raid BWL at your current level or get scaled down to it. I actually never did anything past MC in vanilla. I would actually love a chance to get in with a full group and give BWL a shot and have it be a challenge. Or do Ulduar again. God, that would be great.
    -=Skyforge=- A new action based MMORPG from the Allods team and Obsidian Entertainment. MMO-C Skyforge thread.
    It's ok to not like things. Posting and you!

  4. #4
    Also a chance this is what they meant by the extra protections to ensure we can solo everything we could before, since Vanilla stuff just by the nature of the squish is not squished as much as we will be.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Jesus, I hope so. Even if it's just for lols. Raid an Orc Foundry in Draenor or raid BWL at your current level or get scaled down to it. I actually never did anything past MC in vanilla. I would actually love a chance to get in with a full group and give BWL a shot and have it be a challenge. Or do Ulduar again. God, that would be great.
    I can definitely see a lot of veteran players wanting to do that, but not your average wow player who runs LFR each week. I figure there will be some sort of incentive to make it worth doing, otherwise groups may be scarce.

  6. #6
    Scarab Lord Wrathonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Charlotte
    Posts
    4,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenicks View Post
    I can definitely see a lot of veteran players wanting to do that, but not your average wow player who runs LFR each week. I figure there will be some sort of incentive to make it worth doing, otherwise groups may be scarce.
    I don't know what it is, but I haven't liked a raid since WotLK. They don't feel fun and they feel fairly boring to me. ToT wasn't too bad, but it was super linear and I just get tired of so many bosses. I would prefer raids to have 6-8 bosses, tops. Also, the lore was really built up to support earlier raids. They felt like they had a strong story. HoF? Sha infested mantid hive. Meh. MSV? MOGU. Bleh. Terrace? Some random things and a sha! SoO? Orcs, orcs and more orcs. There is no deep and rich story to go with it. It's plain as day. Part of the reason AQ was so amazing was the gate event and all the story that lead up to it. It was a really big deal. ICC, it's Arthas, need I say more? Even Ulduar got weaved into the Northrend questing experience and you felt it's presence before they ever opened the raid. ToT just kind of came out of left field for most of us. No questing lead up to it, except maybe the stuff in Kun'lai? But really, Lei'Shen just kind of came out of nowhere and like, hey, I'm here.
    -=Skyforge=- A new action based MMORPG from the Allods team and Obsidian Entertainment. MMO-C Skyforge thread.
    It's ok to not like things. Posting and you!

  7. #7
    There is no way they would be letting us do old raids at current level without announcing it as a HUGE selling point for WoD. This is going to be related to the buff you get for soloing old content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    362
    It probably has to do with older raid difficulties. Remember the entire raid structure is being redefined in WoD, so they will probably refer to the older system as "Legacy." The raid system has never changed as much as it will be(Flexible sizes for normal and heroic, and then a mythic only 20m). I wouldn't look too much into it.
    Sensations
    Heroic Garrosh Rshaman Solo Heal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QwrNPHm02c

  9. #9
    Old God Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    10,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    I don't know what it is, but I haven't liked a raid since WotLK. They don't feel fun and they feel fairly boring to me. ToT wasn't too bad, but it was super linear and I just get tired of so many bosses. I would prefer raids to have 6-8 bosses, tops. Also, the lore was really built up to support earlier raids. They felt like they had a strong story. HoF? Sha infested mantid hive. Meh. MSV? MOGU. Bleh. Terrace? Some random things and a sha! SoO? Orcs, orcs and more orcs. There is no deep and rich story to go with it. It's plain as day. Part of the reason AQ was so amazing was the gate event and all the story that lead up to it. It was a really big deal. ICC, it's Arthas, need I say more? Even Ulduar got weaved into the Northrend questing experience and you felt it's presence before they ever opened the raid. ToT just kind of came out of left field for most of us. No questing lead up to it, except maybe the stuff in Kun'lai? But really, Lei'Shen just kind of came out of nowhere and like, hey, I'm here.
    You obviously didn't pay attention during questing in MoP then. Also, the way you explain the lore behind raids in MoP is pretty ridiculous, as I can do the exact same thing to WOTLK raids. Naxxramas? Rehash. Ulduar? Titans. ToC? Small arena. ICC? More undead. You already knew all the lore in TBC and WOTLK from WC3, since Cataclysm you've had to actually pay attention to the current affairs to get the lore. Saying you liked small raids and then saying you liked raids in WOTLK sounds paradoxical to me, as Cataclysm was the only expansion with all small raids (and suffered for it). I suspect LFR, maybe even only doing LFR, has something to do with that attitude towards newer raids.
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

  10. #10
    @perculia ...is a UI string for picking whether you want to do e.g.10N or 25H ICC, since the new default is just Normal/Heroic/Mythic.
    https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...81061188190208


    /Thread

  11. #11
    Scarab Lord Wrathonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Charlotte
    Posts
    4,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    You obviously didn't pay attention during questing in MoP then. Also, the way you explain the lore behind raids in MoP is pretty ridiculous, as I can do the exact same thing to WOTLK raids. Naxxramas? Rehash. Ulduar? Titans. ToC? Small arena. ICC? More undead. You already knew all the lore in TBC and WOTLK from WC3, since Cataclysm you've had to actually pay attention to the current affairs to get the lore. Saying you liked small raids and then saying you liked raids in WOTLK sounds paradoxical to me, as Cataclysm was the only expansion with all small raids (and suffered for it). I suspect LFR, maybe even only doing LFR, has something to do with that attitude towards newer raids.
    Maybe a bit. I am just sick and tired of questing. So much filler garbage and very little that actually keeps me engaged with what I am doing. It takes too long and just isn't rewarding. The story is few and far between so I can't be arsed to sift through all the BS quests to find decent story. Thankfully that is being fixed in WoD as filler quests will be unhinged from story quests.

    But for Raids, BWD and BoT were dark and boring. Also, I haven't been in a competent guild in a loooooong time. Been playing with friends that are, by most standards, fairly bad at the game. Naxx was a rehash, but I never did the 60 version. I would have prefered they keep in the older one and give us something new, but I enjoyed it at the time since I never did the original. Ulduar had a lot more going for it than just titans. We fought Yogg Saron, finished Thorim's story, learned about the reorigination plan and defeated Algalon and saved Azeroth. ToC was crap. I can't defend that. And, I'm sorry, you can't bash on ICC like that. You aren't even trying.

    I gave legit reasons why I thought newer raids were shit. It's my opinion and you don't have to agree, but at least put some effort into your argument if you are going to try and create a discussion.
    -=Skyforge=- A new action based MMORPG from the Allods team and Obsidian Entertainment. MMO-C Skyforge thread.
    It's ok to not like things. Posting and you!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post


    On topic, well that's a let down...I hope we do see the scaling tech for warlords since the squish will make the relative power between levels much smaller.
    If you ever wonder how dumb people really are then consider this: even in the golden age of smart heals dumb people still find ways to die.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Bummer. Oh well, back to starting at the login screen!

  14. #14
    The Patient Trolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    I gave legit reasons why I thought newer raids were shit. It's my opinion and you don't have to agree, but at least put some effort into your argument if you are going to try and create a discussion.

    He did put some effort into his argument, actually.
    Raiding was amazing in Mists of Pandaria, I am not a hardcore raider, but I enjoyed it more than WotLK/Cata.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •