Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    What are we talking about here cause I seem to have missed everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You are banned Krazyk, deal with it and dont post from second account.
    I don't know who Krazyk is. More than one person denounces your typical internet argument logical fallacies for the stupidity they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank God I wasn't the only one to notice that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Pinkaminus-Piekus View Post
    What are we talking about here cause I seem to have missed everything.
    Breaking it very simply.

Side A) Orcs are bad.

Side B) What about Draenei?

Side A) lolwut

Side B) They didn't stop the Eredar from doing bad things and give a puppy to every lost child in the universe therefore they are like Orcs.

Side A) WAT. No. No, no, no. And here's why. (detailed argument)

Side B) NUH UH! There is no such thing as innocence because I'm an Inquisitor. FOR DA EMPRAH.

Side A) ....yeah, the hell with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunduus View Post
    [Snip]
    Nice attempt at framing your opposition. It's almost like those Social Justice comics, where the narrator is portrayed as highly intelligent and interested in rational debate, but the opposition is more interested in yelling racist/misogynist/homophobic slurs.

I feel that the goal of both the comics in question, and your post is roughly the same.

I'm not picking sides on this discussion, I'm still waiting for Protar's response to our original discussion; however, I feel as if it's unfair to label your opposition as uninterested in honest debate (Which is the inherent implication of your post) when you've flat out ignored someone for holding an opposing viewpoint.

Breaking it very simply.
    Side A) Orcs are bad.
    Which might hold true for now, but you deny them the chance to stabilize their culture.

Side B) What about Draenei?
    No one argued Draenei were bad, you just assume guilty = bad, which is not the case.

Side A) lolwut
    Yeah most of your arguments were indeed just that.

Side B) They didn't stop the Eredar from doing bad things and give a puppy to every lost child in the universe therefore they are like Orcs.
    Nope this was not the argument, the argument was they were sloppy and as a consequence worlds burned.

Side A) WAT. No. No, no, no. And here's why. (detailed argument)
    Detailed explanation, ha so you do tell jokes.

NUH UH! There is no such thing as innocence because I'm an Inquisitor. FOR DA EMPRAH.
    Because each race carries some burden of their past, and adapted because of it, you just deny them out of convenience, to claim a moral high ground.

I don't know Combat. The Orcs had plenty of chances to change their culture. Saying things like they are Young or trying to survive or trying to stabilize their culture sounds excuses to me. I can't remember a single entity or race in the history of games or our Planet that had that many chances and threw them in the garbage. If it wasn't a multiplayer game the Orcs and by some point the Horde they made would have been finished by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Pinkaminus-Piekus View Post
    I don't know Combat. The Orcs had plenty of chances to change their culture. Saying things like they are Young or trying to survive or trying to stabilize their culture sounds excuses to me. I can't remember a single entity or race in the history of games or our Planet that had that many chances and threw them in the garbage. If it wasn't a multiplayer game the Orcs and by some point the Horde they made would have been finished by now.
    Orcs civilization is less than 100 years old though, before that they were mere tribes, they messed up royally, by not learning from their past. But they still have a chance to do so, slim as it may be, but it is wrong to outright deny it. Just look how Thrall turned out, who was influenced by another civilization, but retained core orcish culture, or Saurfang who learned from his mistakes. Or just compare modern Night elves with the ones from 10.000 years ago they became entirely different people, after they actually learned from their past mistakes.

Here I am standing up for orcs, even though I don't like warrior cultures sheesh. ;P
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2014-04-23 at 09:51 PM.

Uhhh what? If you think I particularly care enough about this forum to make an entire separate second account to post when I am banned, you drastically overestimate. But I appreciate that you are apparently thinking about me enough to believe that is me. It warms my heart. <3

Lunduus, take it from someone whose tried several times, you aren't going to win with these people. Cut your losses. The Orc apologists have largely taken over the subforum.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2014-04-24 at 01:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Lunduus, take it from someone whose tried several times, you aren't going to win with these people. Cut your losses. The Orc apologists have largely taken over the subforum.
    I don't think I'd count Combatbutler as an Orc Apologist, especially considering his previous post. Actually the only real Orc "Fanboys" (The word you used in your previous post) that I've seen on this forum are Trassk, Dreknar and myself. I don't think 3 people have "taken over this subforum." Honestly, that sounds like an excuse to flee from honest discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    More than 200 years before the First War, Velen and his draenei settled upon a remote and peaceful world that seemed an ideal refuge.[4][5][6] They named it Draenor[7][8], and there they quietly cultivated their society once again. Ever wary of being discovered again by Kil'jaeden's forces, Velen and his mystics kept their magic hidden.
    I may be nearing being done with Combatbutler, but I'm already quite done with you. Peace.
    I'm sorry I missed the part where there was a source...

Fact that the specific term "mystics" is used indicates that this likely came from the non-canon RPG.
    Found the source and added the citation to Wowpedia. It's from the TBC Townhall:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Eventually Velen and his draenei settled upon a remote and peaceful world that seemed an ideal refuge. They named it Draenor, or "Exiles' Refuge", and there they quietly cultivated their society once again. Ever wary of being discovered again by Kil'jaeden's forces, Velen and his mystics kept their magics hidden for generations. (TBC Townhall)
    IDK why there were separate citations for each little part when the whole thing is straight from the Townhall and they didn't cite it...
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-04-30 at 06:59 PM.