Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Hunters are quite easy to handle depending on your deck. Watcher druid, control warrior and tempo rogue steps all over hunter and are spotting about 70% win rate vs Cycle and Aggro variants of the hunter decks.
    Not really? Hunters absolutely trash Tempo Rogues unless the rogue gets extremely lucky. The Hunter/Druid matchup usually depends on the druid's starting hand but is in no way Druid favored. Control Warrior is very effective against Cycle+Aggro Hunter but they only break even to Aggro+Highmane.

The reality is also Watcher Druid/Control Warrior aren't even available options to most players due high dust cost, while Aggro+Highmane hunter is worth next to nothing in dust. Its fine to have cheap decks like Handlock/Hunter be so effective, its not fine when their counters need like 10x the dust cost.

I havent won to a hunter since like 20 games, no matter on what classi play...as some1 mentioned above its not only about faceroll but also about everything just supports each other and all the cards cost nothing...so it ends up in "yeah lol whatever works" ...

really sad such dumb shit is allowed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Hunters are quite easy to handle depending on your deck. Watcher druid, control warrior and tempo rogue steps all over hunter and are spotting about 70% win rate vs Cycle and Aggro variants of the hunter decks.
    You put up watcher taunters they hunter's mark it and kill it with a doge. no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    A hunter "going to the face" deck with the right 4 cards at the start of a game is simply unstoppable.
    Any deck with the right 4 cards at the start of a game is "simply unstoppable." Having played all of the classes, the hunter is simply one of many annoying decks out there (priests, rogues, certain paladin combinations, etc.).

Ironically playing Ramp Druid lately, it's Control Hunters that have been tougher for me, more than the mindless rush to the face ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krelios View Post
    Any deck with the right 4 cards at the start of a game is "simply unstoppable." Having played all of the classes, the hunter is simply one of many annoying decks out there (priests, rogues, certain paladin combinations, etc.).
    It is stoppable by a hunter with an explosive trap

I can't think of any combo in my Paladin deck that is unstoppable.

Deleted
    What Rogue/Priest/Paladin combination is unstoppable really?

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Different situations because of a few other major changes

1)Warlock Blood Imp. The same time that hunters had their 4 mana UTH, warlocks were dominating the meta using the 1/1 blood imp that increased hp by 1. 2 Blood Imps could counter explosive trap and the hunter had no answer.
    2)Pyroblast to 10 mana. Back then Pyroblast had an 8 mana cost and many mages were stalling to turn 8(without playing minions) and then killing hunters.
    3)OTK warriors didn't mind u taking them down to 10 hp, because they combod you to death right after. Hunters had no counters to this, OTK warrior was pretty much killed off...
    4)Defender of Argus was slightly nerfed from 3/3 to 2/3, thus starting to disappear from many decks

Anyway, the issue isn't hunter the hunter hero power, or even the UTH doggies...its the card draw from Buzzard+UTH.

Exactly the draw mechanic is what is so broken with the hunter class. no other class can restock the hand for free like hunters disable the draw mechanic and a lot will be gained or change buzzard into a 5-6 mana drop and give it stats like 6-4 meaning it will cost most of your turn to be played at the low cost it is right now with the combo wombo of the dogs it is just insane.

So insane that i refuse to play against hunters and quit those games on the select starting cards since the games vs hunters are never fun and enjoyable

- - - Updated - - -

Not true, a 4 card godly hand can be turned into total shit by the average hunter deck average draw. When i want quick wins i go with the hunter for really good reasons since it can counter pretty much everything and seal a win by turn 8 at the worst.

Basically due to poor design, hunter can either do absolutely nothing or just completely dominates with 90% of their cards being extremely low mana costs. Mage is ok, but was gutted fairly hard with the pyroblast (mostly this) and freeze mana cost changes. So on top of low mana cards as said in the thread, they can draw several cards in their deck in 1 turn. Synergy is good, but it's just really overboard right now. Ignoring my hate for hunters, I played some 40 odd games and won 38 with tons of misplays due to just spamming whatever card is in my hand. In the end hunters will either remain pretty top notch, requiring hard counters, or they will turn into non viable again. Oh well.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    The good thing is that you can have a farm class where you can use to just farm gold without caring for the details.
    Just copy a hunter deck-win games easily-get gold-repeat.

Over the last week or so, I've noticed more and more hunters while playing ranked. It's getting to the point that 9 out of 10 games are matches against hunters. It's really ruining the fun for me. My tempo rogue deck usually does fairly well against them, but it would be nice to see a little more class variety.

Unleash the Hounds just synergizes way too well with the buzzard and hyena. Not to mention UTH + hunters mark can kill any big minion for 2 mana. It's just a bit ridiculous, especially if they start the game off with a strong hand.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Deleted
    I just hate the UTH+Buzzard combo,it gives way too much for so little cost. It's bad enough that they can get a lot of card draw from it but then they easily have enough mana to use whatever they draw from it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking as a Hunter who utilizes the Buzzard/Hound for card draw and board control (not face smashing,) I think making the Buzzard a 1/2 for 3 mana and UtH for 4 mana would be the best solution. It would become a seven mana card draw, discouraging playing both UtH on one turn (you'd have to play your coin and not have any mana to work with afterwards,) stops them from playing Leeroy on the same turn, but still leaving enough room for those who do play it to work with what was drawn.

I also agree about our hero power being another problem. We're the only class that comes with an enrage timer.
    I read a suggestion about turning Steady Shot into another board summon; a 1/1 with charge that dies when the turn ends. Perhaps, change UtH to our Hero Power and give it that functionality? I like that idea as it still offers deck synergy, puts our power more in line with the others, and all without the timer Steady Shot has now. Doing this one would also allow the Buzzard to stay in its current form.

One of these two need to happen though, and my choice is the second one.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2014-04-18 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Dumb pony can't type on his phone.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Speaking as a Hunter who utilizes the Buzzard/Hound for card draw and board control (not face smashing,) I think making the Buzzard a 1/2 for 3 mana and UtH for 4 mana would be the best solution. It would become a seven mana card draw, discouraging playing both UtH on one turn (you'd have to play your coin and not have any mana to work with afterwards,) stops them from playing Leeroy on the same turn, but still leaving enough room for those who do play it to work with what was drawn.

I also agree about our hero power being another problem. We're the only class that comes with an enrage timer.
    I read a suggestion about turning Steady Shot into another board summon; a 1/1 with charge that dies when the turn ends. Perhaps, change UtH to our Hero Power and give it that functionality? I like that idea as it still offers deck synergy, puts our power more in line with the others, and all without the timer Steady Shot has now. Doing this one would also allow the Buzzard to stay in its current form.

One of these two need to happen though, and my choice is the second one.
    This is a really great suggestion. Whenever someone mentions hunters being broken, it always comes back to UTH. It's pretty apparent that the card can't be allowed to remain in its current form. It either combos far too efficiently with buzzard/hyena/timberwolf or it does absolutely nothing if you don't have the appropriate cards to play with it. It's gimmicky and it feels cheap.

Steady Shot is another problem as well. Swapping it with summoning a single charger would definitely make a lot more sense, and I'm sure they could give hunters another tool that would fill the void of losing UTH as it is right now.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Steady Shot, combined with a lot of the Hunter's card and their availability/possibilities is just far too strong. I don't think I've won a single game against any hunter for at least a week. They can just use steady shot, animal companion for a 4/4 (or 4/2 - 2/4), which is far too strong for that mana cost and so early in the game. Tracking to nitpick at their deck and get a free iwin button.
    Their damage potential is just far too high, compared too any other class. Not even priests or mages have that large early control + damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saichotick View Post
    tl;dr - apparently shop buttons = anti christ

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Really? Trump / Reynad etc were saying that a lot of the hunter builds take a fair bit of thought since the low mana costs result in a larger number of potential plays than a lot of other decks, so playing the "right" play is often harder to mesh together.

My main problem is frankly Leeroy I think. He's just too potent in a lot of decks, hunters due to the synergy with unleash - which is game winning enough as is, and warlocks are pulling out some nasty tricks with 20 damage Leeroys (plus potential soulfires), Rogues and Shaman can do nasty things with shadowstep and windfury too.

Blizzard stomped on the 1 turn kill warrior decks not long ago, but Leeroy is providing practically that for a bunch of other classes.
    Trump also said he doesn't believe in taunts, refuses to run taunts and will never run a taunt.

Does he use taunts yet? It was a pretty humiliating defeat he had right after saying that... where taunts would've saved him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Trump also said he doesn't believe in taunts, refuses to run taunts and will never run a taunt.

Does he use taunts yet? It was a pretty humiliating defeat he had right after saying that... where taunts would've saved him.
    I think he acknowledges the usefulness of taunts nowadays. Not that they help too much against hunters in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    I think he acknowledges the usefulness of taunts nowadays. Not that they help too much against hunters in this case.
    They do if you place them pre-emptively
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post

Sure, Trump was wrong with regard to taunt (although that is fairly forgivable since in arena basically every minion has effective taunt, and the ladder wasn't in place for constructed yet), but basically everyone at high ranks agree that hunters are one of the classes that require the most skill/thought to play both for and against. I would personally rank it second behind miracle rogue.

Playing against a hunter adds an additional dimension to the game - whether or not you attack into traps. In fact, hunter secrets take the most skill to figure out since three are viable to a degree. Then the hunter has to weigh his decisions based on whether or not he thinks the opponent will attack, or somehow bait him into attacking into the wrong trap, or mind-gaming the opponent into being afraid to attack into an otherwise useless trap, etc.