Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    I already posted constructively as why it is a bad idea.
    Considering your stance is highly subjective and basically boiled down to, "Waa, Waa, I can't use a snake", it is just an idea; neither good nor bad

Using or not using a snake pet has no effect on gameplay if only used for aesthetic (your) reasons.

You then went the "Blizz fanboy" route of derogatory statements when I pointed this out to you.

Seriously, quit crying. It can't be healthy.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Considering your stance is highly subjective and basically boiled down to, "Waa, Waa, I can't use a snake", it is just an idea; neither good nor bad

Using or not using a snake pet has no effect on gameplay if only used for aesthetic (your) reasons.

You then went the "Blizz fanboy" route of derogatory statements when I pointed this out to you.

Seriously, quit crying. It can't be healthy.
    Please post constructively as I already pointed out why it is bad for serpent to have JUST sp buff.

TLDR IM MAD CAUSE MY SERPENT LOSE HASTE. WHY CAN"T ALL I MEAN ALL BEASTS HAS SECONDARY BUFFS SPELL: SP OR SPELL CRIT? SERIOUSLY sry caps lock cause im angry and shouting
    Constructive. Suuure.

We get it, you want a different system. Please take your feedback to Blizzard instead of throwing tantrums at everyone who doesn't agree with you.

Molten Hide: Core Hounds now do extra damage to melee mobs (on CD)
    Core Hounds now the go to pet for BM assuming all buffs are covered (which is highly likely in a 20 man raid setting)? Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Core Hounds now the go to pet for BM assuming all buffs are covered (which is highly likely in a 20 man raid setting)? Got it.
    Only triggers if the corehound is taking melee hits. I'd imagine it's intended for soloing only, and will be nerfed if it provides any additional DPS in a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Only triggers if the corehound is taking melee hits. I'd imagine it's intended for soloing only, and will be nerfed if it provides any additional DPS in a raid.
    Ah, I misunderstood. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Constructive. Suuure.

We get it, you want a different system. Please take your feedback to Blizzard instead of throwing tantrums at everyone who doesn't agree with you.
    pls dont pick and choose as I post constructively as showing that if you are missing sp buff then definitely you are missing more buffs or a debuff as well.

pls dont pick and choose as I post constructively as showing that if you are missing sp buff then definitely you are missing more buffs or a debuff as well.
    Under the current model, the only buff/debuff you could absolutely be missing *if* you are missing Spellpower would be the magic damage taken debuffs, which would mean all your caster damage would be Moonkin or Shadow Priest. I say "could" because doesn't one Rogue spec bring the debuff? So that requires a Rogue in a certain spec.

So, realistically, you can be missing just Spellpower buff, and snake will be useful! Yay!

Magic Damage taken is indeed provided by rogues via Master Poisoner. I think it's every spec now, too, not just Assassination.

Deleted
    Dragonflies sound interesting!

Dear Blizzard,

I am an avid fan of BM spec for hunter, and I have more then 10 toons, in which all of them are BM hunters. I like how BM hunter is the class that can tame all sorts of animals and use them competitively in pvp or pve

However I am concerned and saddened with the current and the future state of pets usefulness for BM. I know you want Exotic pet to be the trademark pet for BM hunters, but handicapping BM hunter who wish not to use an exotic pet for its looks is not the way to go. BM hunter should be excellent at both using exotic and non exotic pets.

It would be awesome if All of BM hunter pets' regardless of their exotic-ness get new/extra skills when the taming exotic pets skill is learned. That would make a lot of BM hunters especially me very happy. I know it wouldn't break the game because you can give the non-exotic pets the same skills other pets have but with a rehashed name. eg;

Upon learning taming exotic beast; the BM Hunter pets would learn these new skills;

Basilisk
    Stonemother's Favor - Increase your Archaeological skill by 25 and helps you to automatically dig up artifact when you are near the green spot)
    Stone Curse - (Reduces movement speed)

Bat
    Sonic Scream - (Worm's Burrow style AOE, in the form of the form of the bat screaming sound wave 360 degrees around it)
    Eco-Location - (Increase your Archaeological skill by 25 and helps you to automatically dig up artifact when you are near the green spot)

Bear
    Salmon Hunting- (Increase the hunter's fishing skill by 25 and helps the hunter fish without the aid of a fishing rod, and automatically catch the fish. Heals the pet for 20% health and 20 focus for each successful catch)
    Swipe - (Mortal Wound)

Beetle
    -Bug Bite - (Increase Physical Damage Taken Debuff)
    -Scurry - (Increase the Hunter and the Beetle's movement speed by 60% for 8 seconds, 2 minute cd)

Birds of Prey
    -Tailwind - (Increase the Hunter and the Bird of Prey's movement speed by 60% for 8 seconds, 2 minute cd)
    -Dive Fishing - (Increase the hunter's fishing skill by 25 and helps the hunter fish without the aid of a fishing rod, and automatically catch the fish. Heals the pet for 20% health and 20 focus for each successful catch)

Boar
    -Thrash - (Allows opening of locked chests and door)
    -Charge of Fury - (Haste buff)

Carrion Bird
    -Ravenous Opportunity - (Feasts on a nearby Humanoid or Beast corpse within 5 yards, healing it for 20% of its maximum health and restoring 20 focus over 5 sec.)
    -Tenacious ferocity - (Increased Stamina buff)

Cat
    -Rake - (Mortal Wound)
    -Cat's Eye - (Increase the hunter's fishing skill by 25 and helps the hunter fish without the aid of a fishing rod, and automatically catch the fish. Heals the pet for 20% health and 20 focus for each successful catch)

Crab
    -Pincer Pinch - (Reduces the movement speed of the target by 50%)
    - Neptulon's Trident- (Increase critical strike buff)

Crane
    -Lullaby - (Reduces the movement speed of the target by 50%)
    -Water-Striding - (Allows the Hunter and the Crane to walk across water.)

Crocolisk
    -Apex Swimmer - (Increase swim speed of the hunter and the crab by 50% and allowing the hunter to breathe underwater)
    -Surge of Brutality - (Temporary Haste buff)

Direhorn
    - Horn Strike - (Increased Physical Damage Taken)
    -Might of Zandalari- (Increased Strength/Agility/Intellect buff)

Dog
    -Sniff - (Increase Archaeology by 25 and helps you dig for artifacts, instantly fetching any artifacts in vivinity, causing you not to be suicidal while leveling this profession, after all, Dog IS you best friend.)
    -Lockjaw - (Reduces the movement speed of the target by 50%)

Dragonhawk
    - Blazing Speed - (Increase the Hunter and the Dragonhawk's movement speed by 60% for 8 seconds, 2 minute cd)
    - Melt - (Allows opening of locked chests and door)

Fox
    -As Cunning As A Fox - (Increased Critical Strike Chance buff)
    -Find Opening - (Increased Physical Damage Taken debuff)

Goat
    - Stomp- (Allows opening of locked chests and door)
    - Goat Speed - (Increase the Hunter and the Goat's movement speed by 60% for 8 seconds, 2 minute cd)

Gorilla
    -Lock Smash - (Allows opening of locked chests and door)
    -Drum Chest - (Temporary haste increase)

Hydra
    -Triple Bite - (Mortal Wound)
    -Swamp Fire - (Allows opening of locked chests and door)

Hyena
    -Crushing Jaw - (Increased Physical Damage Taken debuff)
    -Scavenge - (Feasts on a nearby Humanoid or Beast corpse within 5 yards, healing it for 20% of its maximum health and restoring 20 focus over 5 sec.)

Monkey
    - Banana Peel- (Reduces the movement speed of the target by 50%)
    - Monkey Business - (Increased Strength/Agility/Intellect buff)

Moth
    - Dust Shield - (Increases dodge chance of the pet by 30% for 10 seconds)
    -Airy Dust - (Slows the fall speed of both itself and the hunter for 30 seconds.)

Nether Ray
    -Nether Shock - (Increased Magic Damage Taken debuff)
    -Void Opening- (Allows opening of locked chests and door)
    Porcupine
    -Fleet Feet - (Increase the Hunter and the porcupine's movement speed by 60% for 8 seconds, 2 minute cd)
    -Quill Armor -(Causes Nature damage to attackers.)

Raptor
    -Pack Hunter - (Increased Mastery buff)
    -Tear Lock - (Allows opening of locked chests and door)

Ravager
    -Ravaging Roar - (Increased Strength/Agility/Intellect)
    -Spiky Carapace - (Causes Nature damage to attackers.)

Riverbeast
    -Riverborn - (Increase swim speed of the hunter and the Riverbeast by 50% and allowing the hunter to breathe underwater)
    -Rushing River - (Increased Haste buff)

Scorpid
    -Venomous Armor - (Causes Nature damage to attackers.)
    -Acid Blast -(Deals Nature damage to enemies in front of the scorpid over 8 seconds.)

Serpent
    -Coil - (Reduces damage taken by the pet by 50% for 12 seconds)
    -Deadly Venom - (Mortal Wound)

Spider
    -Web Skitter - (Allows the Hunter and the Spider to walk across water.)
    -Spider Sense - (Increased Crit Buff)

Sporebat
    -Mushroom Feast- (Conjures a Mushroom Patch. Raid members can click patch to acquire Conjured Mushroom)
    -Allergen (increase magical damage debuff)

Tallstrider
    -Dustcloud - (Increases dodge chance of the pet by 30%)
    -Tall Striding - (Increase the Hunter and the TallStrider's movement speed by 60% for 8 seconds, 2 minute cd)

Turtle
    - Snap - (Increased Physical Damage Taken debuff)
    -Shell Fury - (The turtle withdraws into its shell and spins, dealing Nature damage to nearby enemies over 8 seconds.)

Warp Stalker
    -Warp Speed(Temporary haste increase)
    -Teleport (Teleport to the nearest FP)

Wasp
    -Honey (Conjures a Honeybee Hive. Raid members can click the Hive to acquire Conjured Honey.)
    -Swarm - (Deals Nature damage to nearby enemies over 8 seconds.)

Wind Serpent
    -Bloodflayer's Pact - (Increased Stamina buff)
    -Feast of Zandalari-(Increase the hunter's fishing skill by 25 and helps the hunter fish without the aid of a fishing rod, and automatically catch the fish. Heals the pet for 20% health and 20 focus for each successful catch)

Wolves
    -Hunting Howl - (Temporary Haste buff)
    -Ancient Hunt - (Increase your Archaeological skill by 25 and helps you to automatically dig up artifact when you are near the green spot)

AND ANOTHER SPELL FOR SPIRIT BEAST

-Spiritual Unison - (Your pet's and your spirit combines, allowing you to Take direct control of your pet and see through its eyes for 1 min.)

Under the current model, the only buff/debuff you could absolutely be missing *if* you are missing Spellpower would be the magic damage taken debuffs, which would mean all your caster damage would be Moonkin or Shadow Priest. I say "could" because doesn't one Rogue spec bring the debuff? So that requires a Rogue in a certain spec.

So, realistically, you can be missing just Spellpower buff, and snake will be useful! Yay!
    Actually a moth would be more useful as it could battle ress you and a spirit beast could heal you.
    Last edited by Hyde; 2014-04-21 at 05:10 PM.

Actually a moth would be more useful as it could battle ress you and a spirit beast could heal you.
    You're still missing the point of bringing a pet that brings a buff that benefits your raid.

Please post constructively and not selfishly "oh lol, I want to bring serpentz!"

Also, don't address "Dear Blizzard" letters here; they probably won't see them. And come from the angle that "this will make the playerbase happy," not "this will make me happy." Blizzard is more inclined to appease the masses than one individual writing a letter on a fansite. (there's my constructiveness).
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2014-04-20 at 11:57 AM.

You're still missing the point of bringing a pet that brings a buff that benefits your raid.

Please post constructively and not selfishly "oh lol, I want to bring serpentz!"

Also, don't address "Dear Blizzard" letters here; they probably won't see them. And come from the angle that "this will make the playerbase happy," not "this will make me happy." Blizzard is more inclined to appease the masses than one individual writing a letter on a fansite. (there's my constructiveness).
    Raising your raid party member is better than bringing spell buff or using it ever for a hunter.

Please post constructively and Blizzard Dev do visits fan sites. MY suggestions would make me happy yes, but it also would bring BM hunter to the right direction; 'beastmastery' not 'forced to use exotic beast mastery'.

Raising your raid party member is better than bringing spell buff or using it ever for a hunter.

Please post constructively and Blizzard Dev do visits fan sites. MY suggestions would make me happy yes, but it also would bring BM hunter to the right direction; 'beastmastery' not 'forced to use exotic beast mastery'.
    But no, it depends on what your comp is. You can't speak for every hunter here. Sometimes spell buff is what your raid comp needs, guess what, bring the pet or get sat for someone who can, especially if they have 5-6 people who can brez already

Your situation is dependent upon a lot of factors to make it favorable. What if the person needing BRezz only dies in the last ~2 minutes of a fight? SP buff > BRezz then. What if the person died because they played poorly and stood in the fire too long? Nothing trumps learning the mechanics and executing them properly.

Also, given that we're going with the assumption that we're *only* missing the SP buff, you'd be hard pressed to find a raid that doesn't have a Druid, Mage, Warlock, Shaman, *or* a Death Knight.

It's funny, though. In the situation you just described, your snake pet would still be useless, because you're waiting around for someone to die and need a BRezz. If you're gonna tailor-make a scenario to "prove" your argument, you should make better ones.

But, hey, all of that is still ignoring the fact that you can switch to a BRezz pet if it's absolutely important to get one off, then swap back to the SP buff pet. Not optimal, by any means, if one's situation is that dire, but it beats admitting defeat and saying "Whelp, guys...no SP buff for *this* raid!"
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2014-04-20 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    But no, it depends on what your comp is. You can't speak for every hunter here. Sometimes spell buff is what your raid comp needs, guess what, bring the pet or get sat for someone who can, especially if they have 5-6 people who can brez already
    So in other word, blizzard putting SP buff as Hunter's ability is the most ridicilous idea ever, and counter intuitive as opposed to just giving to all Mana users or at least to all mana user's pets and all healer specs or all mana dps the sp buff. I know, crazy right, actually giving the appropriate buff to to the class that actually can benefit directly from it.

Deleted
    hopefully we can finally tame taurens, since they are cows

So in other word, blizzard putting SP buff as Hunter's ability is the most ridicilous idea ever, and counter intuitive as opposed to just giving to all Mana users or at least to all mana user's pets and all healer specs or all mana dps the sp buff. I know, crazy right, actually giving the appropriate buff to to the class that actually can benefit directly from it.
    Well, everybody benefits from +Stats buffs, so by your logic...WHO do you let bring that particular buff? Everyone?

In WoD, +Haste (for melee/ranged and casting speeds) will all be one buff. Again, everyone benefits. Should everyone bring the buff?

+Mastery buff is good for everyone. +Crit is...well, do you see where this is going?

Why have buffs at all?

Well, everybody benefits from +Stats buffs, so by your logic...WHO do you let bring that particular buff? Everyone?

In WoD, +Haste (for melee/ranged and casting speeds) will all be one buff. Again, everyone benefits. Should everyone bring the buff?

+Mastery buff is good for everyone. +Crit is...well, do you see where this is going?

Why have buffs at all?
    What? 10 chars Serious tell me which Hunter's stats or attack would benefit from SP. Make sense please.

- - - Updated - - -

Your situation is dependent upon a lot of factors to make it favorable. What if the person needing BRezz only dies in the last ~2 minutes of a fight? SP buff > BRezz then. What if the person died because they played poorly and stood in the fire too long? Nothing trumps learning the mechanics and executing them properly.

Also, given that we're going with the assumption that we're *only* missing the SP buff, you'd be hard pressed to find a raid that doesn't have a Druid, Mage, Warlock, Shaman, *or* a Death Knight.

It's funny, though. In the situation you just described, your snake pet would still be useless, because you're waiting around for someone to die and need a BRezz. If you're gonna tailor-make a scenario to "prove" your argument, you should make better ones.

But, hey, all of that is still ignoring the fact that you can switch to a BRezz pet if it's absolutely important to get one off, then swap back to the SP buff pet. Not optimal, by any means, if one's situation is that dire, but it beats admitting defeat and saying "Whelp, guys...no SP buff for *this* raid!"
    By your logic, hunter never needs spell buff.

You're not making sense. I never said spellpower buff was useful to the Hunter, personally. But I did outline a feasible situation where it is useful to a Hunter's raid (thus, being useful to the Hunter indirectly).

But your stance is even further trivialized, considering Hunter's can bring *every* buff. Of COURSE you're going to be able to bring the "useless" (but not to your raid) ones!

You're just mad that, more than likely, a snake won't bring a useful, personal buff (which a battle rezz isn't either, btw).

A pixelated snake. This is what you're angry over.
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2014-04-21 at 05:34 PM.