Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gearing difference between classes - unbalanced?

So I wanna have all classes at 70 ready to farm atleast T1 and then i can focus on my "main".

I leveled first Crusader to lvl 70 because i really like the shield warrior concept. But the gearing was pretty slow, I spend few days on master before I was feeling comfortable to move to T1. Farming atm T2 with around 600k (more with akarat active).

My second geared class for T1 was monk. I geared him faster than crusader but still I was needing some time to gear him to the point when Im not dying and the clear speed is decent.

And then I leveled wizard... 2 hours after getting level 70 Im already farming T1 bounty /rifts. I have really bad gear, not fully enchanted and gemmed because Im pretty sure i will change again everything soon. I do not even have SINGLE legendary item on wizard but already sitting at 590k damage and clearing rifts faster than my few days old crusader and monk. Its feel abit hilarious.

Im gearing now DH and i think hes closer to the wizard (gear wise) than crusader/monk.

Do you guys think its to easy to gear up wiz/dh when compared to others classes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wiz are fairly strong, but I love my crusader :3 ...They just need a little love is all.

imo crusader is fine, my newly dinged crusader with abit of enchants and stuff sitting at 500k+ dps

crusader is very strong for early game cus nothing can touch um, wizard is glass cannon can do hits but cant take a hit
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

It was like this when D3 first released. The melee classes are far more gear reliant because their skills aren't natural synergies with each other. In time they will way outgrow the ranged classes, though, just like everyone cried that barbs were awful on release but became 99% of the ladder after a few months, once people start finishing end game gear crusaders will be on top. Just compare Akkhan to Firebird and you can see the difference.

Wizard has best passives and passive skills in game, together with some insane flat damage increases from skills so they are not gear reliant. As Lysah mentioned, as gear gets better all classes will become more equalized/closer (although I want to cry whenever I look at Crusader passives, they're that bad).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Crusader is very gear dependent I noticed after getting one up to lvl 70 yesterday. Unlike my Monk that has various ways to use Elemental damage to its advantage to buff dps, the Crusader doesn't have a lot of Elemental type damage other than Holy and Lightning. Have got quite a bit of Elemental damage gear, but because of the skills the class has I can't really make it synergize it as well as I'd like. The only main advantage I'm noticing is that the Crusader is a pure beast in absorbing damage. Seriously, I have survived some of the most ridiculous stuff that my Monk wouldn't be able to stand for a few seconds, so the class is far from squishy (it would probably be next to invulnerable if it had the 30% damage reduction as Barbarian and Monk have).

Still will have a Crusader as a main, since I love Paladin classes too much. Though, I will be farming with my Fire Monk till I find a way to make the Crusader work.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2014-04-05 at 06:20 PM.

Deleted
    Is this solo or some gimped "carry me" multiplayer bullshit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Solo.

/10 char
    So, sitting at 590K damage on your wizard, you never die, right? There's not a single elite combo that can beat you? And furthermore, you can easily do all the main bosses without ever dying?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So, sitting at 590K damage on your wizard, you never die, right? There's not a single elite combo that can beat you? And furthermore, you can easily do all the main bosses without ever dying?
    Yes, at T1 Im clearing everything without dying. Thats why I said its just ridiculous when compared to other classes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Easy to gear up an OP class, how i know its OP? Cause im playing one was doing T1 rift and bounties 30min after i dinged 70
    We can have up to 65% bonus dmg from our skills/passives, if thats not OP i dont know what is
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    thats because wizards are broken, everyone i know and his grandma has a wizard

as i said before there is no gear diffrence between classes.

purely luck on drops
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

The problem with comparing classes/chars in this expansion is that tooltip/paper damage is absolutely worthless as a way of comparing damage, it has no real bearing at all. There are so many factors in play that are not taken into account, it should really just be completely re-designed. As far as the balance is concerned Wizards are the strongest class before you take into account the special weapons like Shard of Hate. A whirlwind Barbarion with Shard of Hate is one of the highest damage classes, where as without it they are probably a little underpowered.

Another example is 2handers, they will always give you less paper damage than a dual wield setup, this has caused many people to cry like babies. But if you take a 2hander and use it with instant damage/cooldown attacks based on weapon damage then a comparable 2hand setup will do more damage than a dual wield setup, even though the dual wield setup has higher paper damage. In exactly the same way, attack speed as a stat is very strong for pushing your paper/tooltip damage but has absolutely zero effect on your damage for said instant/cooldown based attacks.

For example, on a Barbarion Ground Stomp, Rend, Charge, Avalanche. These are attacks that gain no benefit from attack speed, and that do gain a large benefit from a 2handed weapon. But then again, a weapon with an elemental proc (Schaefers Hammer, Maximus) will deal much more damage than a standard weapon, even if the standard weapon gives a pretty notable damage gain on the sheet, nothing can compare to the power of these special effects on a weapon, they are game changers.

It's all really a bit of a mess, with elemental/special ability weapons and a decent ammount of the appropriate % elemental damage bonus for your spec, all the classes can find themselves in a really competitive place, but if you're using a standard weapon then Wizards are a cut above the rest.

As for the actual gearing up process, it's exactly the same for all classes. RNG and luck is RNG and luck, there is no easier class to gear up with.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-04-07 at 12:11 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Hrmm, have only played my Wiz so far @ 70, so if we're broken I'm glad I'm not playing another class. Yes, I went right into Torment 1 Rifts with ~250k DPS when I hit 70, but always assumed that was due to being crazy lucky with drops during my initial Bounty farming (think I did them on Hard).

Given how (even with 2.0) Diablo is all about gear grinding, I don't really see the point being gated by difficulty levels also, unless you're new to the game. Could have simply been Normal -> Hard -> Torment (1-10 instead of 6).

Anyway, might get onto leveling my Monk soon, so interested to see the difference (although I have a few banked Legs for him).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    it's not hard. my wizard sits on 430k and the only thing i ever die to on T1 is mal...

The thump card of the Wizard is the screenwide multi-million DPS. All classes can AOE, bit no class AOEs like the Wizard. And Diablo 3 is both heavily DPS orientated and AOE reliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The thump card of the Wizard is the screenwide multi-million DPS. All classes can AOE, bit no class AOEs like the Wizard. And Diablo 3 is both heavily DPS orientated and AOE reliant.
    This is true, the problem is not gear its the Wiz ability to aoe the shit out of everything on screen. Sure other classes have aoe, but Wiz is just another lvl of aoe. When i play Barb or Crus, you can aoe etc and it ok, but then i switch to Wiz its millions all over the screen, with things just blowing up.

I don't think it's exactly difficult gear up classes at 70 in general. I've leveled both a Wizard, and a Crusader to 70 so far, the leveling itself was done on Torment 1 for the Crusader, and T2 for my Wizard, and both started in T1 the moment I hit 70 and finished Act V.

And to those saying the Wizard is OP, it seems Blizzard believes they're fine, but the other classes are a bit underpowered, as reflected by the datamined patch notes so far.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/O.../hero/38738686

This is my Crusader. 9.1Mil Toughness, 629K DPS on [HC].

I don't feel particularly strong. That's not to say that I'm weak, because I'm not, but my Wizard could do much, much more damage with those same numbers. The primary thing I think Crusaders lack is on-hit procs, or rather, their attack speed is inherently low, so they don't benefit from it as much. The only time we really shine is during Akarat.

I love my build. I'm running around with a railgun that crits for 8 to 10mil for 20 Wrath during the 5 seconds of Valor. My smite works lovely against packs of mobs, critting for between 1.6 to 2.2mil (excluding additional damage through Shatter rune), but without the items (and in this case with a bugged Armor of the Kind Regent; It doesn't work) that add to our abilities, we can't melt faces as much as people claim. The difference between having those 'ultimate' legendaries and bare bone, is just too great.

That said, T1 is pretty faceroll, but when I solo and I'm up against one single mob, I rely purely on my CD's. If they're not active, I still feel weak. That doesn't happen on a Wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post

And to those saying the Wizard is OP, it seems Blizzard believes they're fine, but the other classes are a bit underpowered, as reflected by the datamined patch notes so far.
    Heaven's Fury
    Fires of Heaven : Now deals 735% weapon damage (down from 950%).
    The fuck?

All other changes are properly in place, but Fires of Heaven is in a good place, not OP, not UP. Why mutilate it at all, when you're buffing Fist of the Heavens with Divine Well up to 80% up from 14%? Fires of Heaven is now immediately DEAD and Fist of the Heavens is now properly OP.....
    Last edited by Vespian; 2014-04-07 at 07:44 AM.