Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    From what I understand Void magic is a Shadow Priest thing. But I know like zero lore so I could be wrong.
    Shadow magic lore is a mess. It's best not to think too deeply on spell thematics.

It should remain of course. More abilities is better than less, even if you use ability once per a day its still more that nothing.

If it generates too much unbalances in pvp, fuck pvp, I'd say.

I use it a lot in bgs

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Durumu, to remove the healing debuff, and Immersus, to insta-heal a blob. Outside of emergencies I found it very useful for those. But they said they can't have %health mechanics in the new triage world order. Oh well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    May it burn.
    "May It Burn" would be a very different Enya song

Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ClixxHeals View Post
    What? There are heroic priest raiders who have never used void shift? I feel like I'm using it every single raid. I also see plenty of disc priests in pugs who just don't understand how to use Spirit Shell but that doesn't mean the ability is pointless...
    Its not like you can't be 14 HC and haven't been carried or didn't save someone you could've saved cause you are too retarded to keybind one of your strong single target CDs. Heck, its even a survival tool. Granted, its more natural for a healer to use because they got better awareness on their raid frames but if you never used it then I question your credibility. I have saved DKs, including DK tanks, with Void Shift. I even used it during CMs and soloing at start of MoP.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They could preserve Void Shift by making it only work on NPCs or the priest's own minions, including Shadowfiend/Mindbender/Void Tendrils.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    They could preserve Void Shift by making it only work on NPCs or the priest's own minions, including Shadowfiend/Mindbender/Void Tendrils.
    Lol? That was possible in the first few weeks of MoP and they actually nerfed that because it was completely OP in PvP as well as PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Its not like you can't be 14 HC and haven't been carried or didn't save someone you could've saved cause you are too retarded to keybind one of your strong single target CDs. Heck, its even a survival tool. Granted, its more natural for a healer to use because they got better awareness on their raid frames but if you never used it then I question your credibility. I have saved DKs, including DK tanks, with Void Shift. I even used it during CMs and soloing at start of MoP.
    These responses are funny. I'm 14/14H in a 25man group that contains three other Priests, two of which are healers with very good Monk/Warrior tanks. I've never Void Shifted anyone mid combat because I've never needed to. But of course, it absolutely must mean I'm terrible according to the pro's in this thread.

Would be OP in PvP, and PvP is likely why this spell is going away anyways.

I've never Void Shifted anyone mid combat because I've never needed to.
    err, I'd question your raid awareness then. Especially during progress there are always times that Void Shift could be used.

Between having Enhanced Leap of Faith, and L100 Saving Grace, its really not needed.

Healing Priests have the most button bloat and keybinds, full stop. Removing VS is not the end of the world. We have more than enough other spells in our arsenal to "fill whatever gap VS filled". Id argue that you didn't use it as often as you really think you did.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe compensate with a "Glyph of Targeted Desperation" that allows us to cast Desperate Prayer or activate Angelic Bulwark on a friendly target but with an increased CD (whatever is appropriate). Some of us feel like we lost a legitimate CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Aere View Post
    err, I'd question your raid awareness then. Especially during progress there are always times that Void Shift could be used.
    If you need more than the two Void Shifts from the healing priests, then your raid is doing it wrong.

If you need more than the two Void Shifts from the healing priests, then your raid is doing it wrong.
    If you can't fully maximize your kit due to "insert some dumb reason", you are doing it wrong.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, wait, "Glyph of Angelic Desperation", it sounded too much like a monk glyph.

Deleted
    Maybe compensate with a "Glyph of Targeted Desperation" that allows us to cast Desperate Prayer or activate Angelic Bulwark on a friendly target but with an increased CD (whatever is appropriate). Some of us feel like we lost a legitimate CD.
    If that were to be implemented, you may as well leave in Void Shift. I guess the intention is to move away from a style of healing which relies too heavily upon using cooldowns and instead rewards consistent triage throughout an encounter.

During a typical RBG or reg BG I'll use it one to two times in a 15 min timespan.
    Over a a 3 hour night of raiding I'll maybe use it 3 or 4 times. I bet a lot of people who didn't use it don't have a DK tanking. I used it often when he sank deep into purgatory to pull him out.
    Here's to hoping it's not removed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    12/14 H SoO and 6/9 Challenge Master. I can honestly say I've never cast it intentionally. Won't miss it in the least.
    Well then there is probably over 100 wipes that u could have saved by using void shift, but u didnt. What larynx said describes u perfectly...

- - - Updated - - -

why 2? why not 1 or 3? what are u basing ur number on?

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    If you can't fully maximize your kit due to "insert some dumb reason", you are doing it wrong.
    If I remember correctly Drye said on FinalBoss that he doesn't even have it binded. So go PM him with some useful tips on how to play his class, I bet he really needs them.
    Or maybe write an essay for all of us bad Shadow Priests that don't know how to use "our toolkit" and how it means we're getting carried each raid.
    I'm sure it'd be a nice read and should furthermore help you establish your utmost superiority.