Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    With Orgrim, everything that Horde could've hoped to become, would die a final death. R.I.P. Fuck... just... fuck...
    And here I thought the Horde died last September... They just don't pull their punches, do they?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Anyone else annoyed that the Horde always seems to partner up with psychopaths?

I mean, out of all the potential allies, we end up with the Laughing Skulls?
    The only clan that ever rebelled against the Horde and allied with the humans. Don't see the problem there.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    nearly led the Horde to victory in the Second War
    Helped bust the Orcs out of prison
    He lost the Second War and Thrall was the driving force behind the Liberation. I mean, if you are going to argue "I took party" is enough to be a hero...

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    He lost the Second War and Thrall was the driving force behind the Liberation. I mean, if you are going to argue "I took party" is enough to be a hero...

EJL
    he lost the war when he trusted Gul'dan to be there and back him up when he was ready to crush what was left of the alliance. which we all know he didn't. and yea, he took part and gave his life to free his people.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2014-04-05 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

EJL
    He lost the Second War because of Gul'dan's betrayal... I'm not sure what's hard to understand about that and why it wasn't really his fault.

As far as heroism? Let's see: He wrested control of the Horde from Blackhand. He killed most of the Shadow Council. He knowingly shot himself in the foot to send troops to kill Gul'dan in order to restore the honor of his race, effectively throwing the Siege of Capital City.

I mean I could go on, but to say Doomhammer wasn't a hero is beyond ridiculous.

You don't have to be a "White Knight" to be heroic, I guess that's hard for Alliance fans to understand.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    He lost the Second War
    Barely, he still won many battles during the war itself.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Barely, he still won many battles during the war itself.
    The loss wasn't really even his fault. He was destroying the Alliance right and left.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post

You don't have to be a "White Knight" to be heroic, I guess Alliance fans don't understand that at all.
    fixed that for ya.

15+ Year Old Account
    And here I thought the Horde died last September... They just don't pull their punches, do they?
    They're just kicking and spitting on the corpse now.
    You don't have to be a "White Knight" to be heroic, I guess that's hard for Alliance fans to understand.

QFT.

nearly led the Horde to victory in the Second War
    Helped bust the Orcs out of prison
    Yeah, while Thrall tends to get sole credit, he actually inherited the horde from Doomhammer.

- - - Updated - - -

The loss wasn't really even his fault. He was destroying the Alliance right and left.
    In Tides of Darkness if I recall correctly he passed up the chance to take Lordaeron City because he felt it was more important for Gul'dan to be punished for his betrayal, literally choosing honor over victory.

Hopefully its the real Orgrim Doomhammer. The one that reveled in the carnage of Stormwind, the one that murdered Anduin Lothar under the banner of parlay. That was Orgrim Doomhammer, not some honorable old warrior who was trying to find a new home for his people, but a bloodthirsty warlord who reveled in murder and mayhem. That's the way the Horde is supposed to be, not a group of hippies sitting around a campfire singing kumbaya like Vol'jin and Thrall's Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    In Tides of Darkness if I recall correctly he passed up the chance to take Lordaeron City because he felt it was more important for Gul'dan to be punished for his betrayal, literally choosing honor over victory.
    He did. I mean you can't blame the guy. Tactically he was sound in every decision he'd made. He was just forced into allowing Gul'dan to live. When Gul'dan betrayed the Horde, coupled with everything else he had seen, he chose to restore honor to his people.

The war wasn't exactly unwinnable at that point, in fact Doomhammer's assumption that they could push up back out of Blackrock was right, the only issue was that after Doomhammer 1v1'ed Lothar, Turalyon and the Humans rallied instead of faltered.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    where does it say that?
    (1) There is much to be done. Taalo, see that the troops are healed and rested.
    (2) Gah! He tried to stab me! I told you we couldn't trust the Laughing Skulls.
    (1) Limbflayer forgot to be nice. I saw pretty orc. I wanted to see if she could dance. Sorry. Sorry.
    (1) We are here to talk terms. Both of our peoples have suffered at the hands of this "Iron Horde." I mean to hunt down their general Orgrim Doomhammer and make him answer for the attacks on our peoples. Do you have the courage to stand with us?
    (1) Yes, wolves and skulls need each other. You need to know where the big Iron Hordy weapon is at. We need your $p.
    (1) Good. Their knowledge of the land, the elements, and our enemy should prove invaluable.
    (2) Mind your tongue or my axe will mind it for you.
    (1) And he brought his pretty wolf with him too.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post26280600
    Twas brillig

He lost the Second War because of Gul'dan's betrayal... I'm not sure what's hard to understand about that and why it wasn't really his fault.

As far as heroism? Let's see: He wrested control of the Horde from Blackhand. He killed most of the Shadow Council. He knowingly shot himself in the foot to send troops to kill Gul'dan in order to restore the honor of his race, effectively throwing the Siege of Capital City.

I mean I could go on, but to say Doomhammer wasn't a hero is beyond ridiculous.

moral of the story. dont question doomhammer's honor.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

(1) Limbflayer forgot to be nice. I saw pretty orc. I wanted to see if she could dance. Sorry. Sorry.
    (1) We are here to talk terms. Both of our peoples have suffered at the hands of this "Iron Horde." I mean to hunt down their general Orgrim Doomhammer and make him answer for the attacks on our peoples. Do you have the courage to stand with us?
    (1) Yes, wolves and skulls need each other. You need to know where the big Iron Hordy weapon is at. We need your $p.
    (1) Good. Their knowledge of the land, the elements, and our enemy should prove invaluable.

Kind of makes me wonder if they'll be the Hozen 2.0 except without the poop jokes.

great just what the horde needed. crazy people. i am going to guess its durotan talking with one of the laughing skull members or leader.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    Kind of makes me wonder if they'll be the Hozen 2.0 except without the poop jokes.
    Oh no. Nononononononono *shudder*

That would be okay, Hozen were great except for the poop jokes, I mean they were stupid but we only needed them for numbers and fodder.

The Laughing Skull however are a clan of rogues, yet later that dialogue paints them as stupid unsubtle berserkers so what the hell do we need more of that for?
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Oh no. Nononononononono *shudder*
    Look at it this way though: this makes two orc clans that aren't being turned into fodder for players to mow down.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be okay, Hozen were great except for the poop jokes, I mean they were stupid but we only needed them for numbers and fodder.

The Laughing Skull however are a clan of rogues, yet later that dialogue paints them as stupid unsubtle berserkers so what the hell do we need more of that for?
    Where were they portrayed as a faction of rogues? Was that in bc?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where were they portrayed as a faction of rogues? Was that in bc?
    think the WC2 manual, also portrayed as very untrustworthy

- - - Updated - - -

Look at it this way though: this makes two orc clans that aren't being turned into fodder for players to mow down.
    Not much comfort as its a clan probably no one remembers as opposed to something badass like the Warsong
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"