10+ Year Old Account

Constantly saving logging program

So, I have this problem with EVE that it freezes my computer while having any kind of music running (only happens with EVE)

So I need a program that can make logs of EVEs progress (or just my computers progress in all) and constantly save its datalog so data wont go missing in case the computer freezes again.

Yes, I have made a topic of my issue on EVEs tech forums, so far no help, and I really need to provide some kind of logs, but can't get any since I have to force shutdown my computer every time.

Anyone know of a program that can do what I'm searching for?
    Thanks in advance.

If your using windows, it keeps logs itself, so try searching those. Control panel -> Administrative tools -> Event Viewer.

Look in the logs and see if a driver hangs, or if you can see what the last thing that tried to run is. You can also try re-installing both programs, or switch to a new music player.

Next is to stress test specific components. DL Prime95, and make a Memtest86 Boot CD. Also DL Speedfan or any other similar temp monitoring program.

Prime 95 stresses the CPU by making it do tons of calculations of various sizes. If your not sure how to do it, there are tons of Vids and guides. A general test when your just trying to trouble a shoot a problem is leaving it running for roughly 1-3 hours, but your PC should be able to leaving it running for 24+ if everything is working properly (i tested the OC on my 3770K for 25 hours. 4.5Ghz if anyone cares). Keep and Eye on temps. If you see your CPU start to skyrocket past the safe limit cancel the test immediately. Safe temps here http://www.buildcomputers.net/cpu-temperature.html Use the Max temps.

Memtest86 is a RAM test. This one runs off a bootable CD, so you will need to change the load order in your Bios (again vids and guides). This test does passes. Lets the ram run for at least 2 passes, more if you want to be through (5 passes Max IMO)

If either one fails, you should look into those components. If your CPU hit or got near the max temps, then re-seat the CPU heat sink with a new coat of thermal paste.

If it stays cool and just doesn't pass the test then you may be looking at a faulty CPU. You should start saving money for a new Mobo/CPU, but for the time being there are a few steps you can take. You can try Under Clocking the CPU, by lowering the clock and voltage. Ive personally never done this, but there are guides for it. This causes the CPU less stress, and can help extend the life a little bit. You can also re-seat the heat sink anyway, to help keep temps low.

If the RAM fails, you need new RAM. Memtest will try to tell you which stick it is, but you may need to troubleshoot. Just remove all the RAM, and test it stick by stick. or you could just by 2 new 4GB sticks and call it a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with Windows own Event Viewer, is that the only thing I can out of it, is that something made the system shut down (Unexpected Shutdown), which is me making a force shut down.

Also, my EVE forum thread, has some extra information https://forums.eveonline.com/default...posts&t=333950

Thanks for the advice though

Alot more info lol.

Have you tried updating your audio drivers, and do you have a sound card lying around? Everything seems to be audio related (at least thats the connecting element). I doubt EVE itself is whats causing the problem. Kinda like blaming the Engine in a car for a problem.

Eve is a CPU intensive game, so we already have a worst case scenario. id still Run the Prime 95 and Memtest86. But thats just me and i have no prob leaving em running while i sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindman213 View Post
    Alot more info lol.

Have you tried updating your audio drivers, and do you have a sound card lying around? Everything seems to be audio related (at least thats the connecting element). I doubt EVE itself is whats causing the problem. Kinda like blaming the Engine in a car for a problem.

Eve is a CPU intensive game, so we already have a worst case scenario. id still Run the Prime 95 and Memtest86. But thats just me and i have no prob leaving em running while i sleep.
    I just set up another crash (with the intention of it) by having Spotify running while playing EVE, and looked at the Event Viewer afterwards.
    Between 01:47 and 02:04 (froze happened), absolutely not events were logged. The next log after 01:47 was at 02:05 where the system started up again after a force shutdown. EVE is CPU intensive, but not by that much, it only started to occur recently and since it doesn't happen with any other game for that matter (Including H.A.W.X., Sid Meiers Railroads, Diablo 3, Hearthstone, Minesweeper (so CPU intensive!)), I do have the feeling that EVE is a connection in this.

But I will try the CPU/RAM testers and see if it does anything.
    As for the soundcard, you clearly don't have a macbook :v It's a damn mess to change anything that's not the RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    I just set up another crash (with the intention of it) by having Spotify running while playing EVE, and looked at the Event Viewer afterwards.
    Between 01:47 and 02:04 (froze happened), absolutely not events were logged. The next log after 01:47 was at 02:05 where the system started up again after a force shutdown. EVE is CPU intensive, but not by that much, it only started to occur recently and since it doesn't happen with any other game for that matter (Including H.A.W.X., Sid Meiers Railroads, Diablo 3, Hearthstone, Minesweeper (so CPU intensive!)), I do have the feeling that EVE is a connection in this.

But I will try the CPU/RAM testers and see if it does anything.
    As for the soundcard, you clearly don't have a macbook :v It's a damn mess to change anything that's not the RAM
    I completely glossed over the specs and missed Macbook. I assumed you had a grown up computer :P

It may very well be EVE, but id hate for you to think it is and have other shit cause problems later on down the road. Of course if you can run other games with Spotify in the background then its probably not a sound driver issue.

Run the CPU/RAM tests, and if those come back negative, you can safely assume its EVE. But all you can do at that point is re-install.