Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    So, don't pay for a racial, this is not a dps char. Just go with looks. You will be happier.
    Blasphemy! Every little bit counts!! I race changed back to nelf in FL just to hit ctc cap xD
    I hear you tho, its more fun when it actually matters

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this has been covered since the latest changes but do we have an update on how the stats are simming? Is crit going to be better than mastery?

I started playing as nelf with a friend then just never bothered to change lol.

Probs just gonna stay nelf in WoD, new model update is cool

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    The difference in damage is so small it doesn't really matter. The secondary bonus is more important.

This is what I personally think is best:
    Tauren: +heath and stun
    Dwarf: Stoneform

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...or-Spreadsheet

Per the spreadsheet in that post, its Tauren for Horde and Nelf for Alliance. Human is actually ahead of Tauren and Dwarf as well. All of the horde racials are honestly quite bad in comparison to Human and Nelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    10% reduced physical damage every 2min is better than 2% avoidance (which feeds into revenge procs)? Specially in the current model of "smoother" damage intake instead of bursts of damage?

You're a much more prominent warrior, but this is akin to Ravager vs Gladiator Stance. Imo the constant damage reduction is superior to a new cooldown.

Either way, nothing Horde has comes even close (my personal vote would be -ugh- blood elves since the huge hp pools means the extra hp of tauren is pretty insignifcant). And gnomes are looking very strong for warrior pvp and the lack of mobility.

Edit: Jesus, Draenei has a 20% hp heal that lines up with Last Stand and baseline strength racial.
    Just because I'm more well known doesn't mean I'm never wrong haha. I'm sure a couple people here would love to point out more then a couple times.

Damage reduction is much different then avoidance. The real strength of Stoneform is the removal of debuffs. If they do not make raid mechanics immune to it (which they never have been as far as I know) then it will be the best. It was already very nice but the addition of magic effects makes it much more appealing and potentially game breaking. The control of an extra 10% CD is more appealing to me then 2% avoidance even ignoring the debuff removal aspect.

The difference is small regardless. I wouldn't crucify anyone for disagreeing with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oldestmate View Post
    Hey guys, I'm not sure if this has been covered since the latest changes but do we have an update on how the stats are simming? Is crit going to be better than mastery?
    I haven't been keeping up with the new builds but I know Booi has been working hard.

It looks like I may not be tanking next expac sadly so I'm not sure how much time I'm gonna be putting into Warriors.

Deleted
    It looks like I may not be tanking next expac sadly so I'm not sure how much time I'm gonna be putting into Warriors.
    What. The. Fuck.

How dare you sir, HOW DARE YOU!

Guild need you for other duties or what?

Anyhow, I'm with you when it comes to the racial, I'm hoping stone form will indeed be usefull on raid mechanics. (They have in the past made boss abilities that couldn't be stoneformed btw, can't recall which exactly but there were Bleeds that couldnt be stoneformed)

Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    What. The. Fuck.

How dare you sir, HOW DARE YOU!

Guild need you for other duties or what?

Anyhow, I'm with you when it comes to the racial, I'm hoping stone form will indeed be usefull on raid mechanics. (They have in the past made boss abilities that couldn't be stoneformed btw, can't recall which exactly but there were Bleeds that couldnt be stoneformed)
    I'd be interested in seeing which mechanics have been immune to Stoneform in the past.

Ya, fortunately I got an amazing new job, but unfortunately it may be the end of me raiding or atleast tanking. At best I can't make 100% of our raids ontime. At worst I wont be able to raid at all. I'm stepping away from Sentrytotem also, but I'll still be around here and on Twitter.

Deleted
    I'd be interested in seeing which mechanics have been immune to Stoneform in the past.
    I'd love to tell you some, I just recall that when I raided on my hunter (Vanila, TBC, WOTLK) that existed some mechanics which I couldn't stoneform (also some stoneform was fucking aces on, AQ40 huhuran springs to mind). As for Cataclysm and MoP I've only changed back to alliance recently so I can't give you any 'current' examples. The bleeds that couldn't be stoneformed also couldn't be gotten rid of through 'Luffa' (If that's how it was spelled... the trinket/item that removed bleed effects).

To be fair, I can't be 100% sure if it was boss mechanics or stuff trash/adds did. I just seem to remember there was stuff classified as a bleed I couldn't stoneform (I can't recall a poison like that though). This all said, it's been a long time since Vanila and the likes so my memory might be letting me down.

Ya, fortunately I got an amazing new job, but unfortunately it may be the end of me raiding or atleast tanking. At best I can't make 100% of our raids ontime. At worst I wont be able to raid at all. I'm stepping away from Sentrytotem also, but I'll still be around here and on Twitter.
    Gz on the new job then, might be worth actually looking for a raiding guild with different hours though, afaik there are plenty of guilds out there with more 'exotic' hours. If those live up to your standards though, and if this isn't just the 'excuse' you've been looking for to get your life into shape I can't tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post

Gz on the new job then, might be worth actually looking for a raiding guild with different hours though, afaik there are plenty of guilds out there with more 'exotic' hours. If those live up to your standards though, and if this isn't just the 'excuse' you've been looking for to get your life into shape I can't tell you
    Oh, if you knew what my job is then you would understand how funny this statement is lolol. There is the option of another guild but there is a certain level that I want to stay at and the options are limited to say the least and those guilds don't need tanks anyways lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anybody figured out what our stat priority would be in WoD yet? Been trying to look around but alot of people still seem to be different on what stat is better and such.
    "God Gave us a pinky so we can sprint and crouch."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alihu View Post
    Has anybody figured out what our stat priority would be in WoD yet? Been trying to look around but alot of people still seem to be different on what stat is better and such.
    Soon as prepatch hits you'll start seeing more "final" numbers

Deleted
    Although I won't search for it on the mobile, I remember them wanting to shy away of bosses where divine shield is a travesty (see ToT). They can fall on it again ofc, but the rule should be that if they want you to two tank something via debuffs, you will have to do it, no removal with inmunities, and of course no way to have massive barriers to do it.

While not as game breaking as removing whatever the taunt mechanic debuff is, there are fights with minor debuffs to remove as well. It's early in the morning so I am blanking on a lot of examples but Immerseus comes to mind. I know it's the first and easiest boss, but I could see stoneform being useful there as a self dispel so your healers could get someone else.

Is stoneform usable while stunned? There are also a few (disorient from tank panda on spoils and reaper trash before garrosh) magic stuns that could be useful to clear at times. I have no time in beta raids so not sure if these cases translate to next tier or not.

Deleted
    It can't be used while you don't have control of your character. As you said, it's nice to save a CD on a healer from time to time. It's better when the debuff it's a bleed that can be removed only with imnunities (the random raid member type). It's another pebble in the scales; with racials you are always talking about crumbs anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2014-10-08 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, if you knew what my job is then you would understand how funny this statement is lolol. There is the option of another guild but there is a certain level that I want to stay at and the options are limited to say the least and those guilds don't need tanks anyways lol.
    Then tell us what it is!

Congratulations, though. When I moved to Lincoln for a new job and my playtime took a hit, I've never looked back. It's true, however, that taking a step back and playing with really casual people is tough. I never played at your level and it was tough, so I dread to think what'd happen to yourself. There are a few high-quality guilds out there, though, that raid a couple of times a week.

The Horsemen aren't that demanding, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Zell the Stormbreaker View Post
    Then tell us what it is!

Congratulations, though. When I moved to Lincoln for a new job and my playtime took a hit, I've never looked back. It's true, however, that taking a step back and playing with really casual people is tough. I never played at your level and it was tough, so I dread to think what'd happen to yourself. There are a few high-quality guilds out there, though, that raid a couple of times a week.

The Horsemen aren't that demanding, are they?
    We're getting off topic with this conversation, considering it has nothing to do with 6.0 Prot Warriors!

But if you look at his twitter, his description says "My opinions are my own and are not the views of Blizzard Entertainment", Someone got a job at Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henesys View Post
    We're getting off topic with this conversation, considering it has nothing to do with 6.0 Prot Warriors!

But if you look at his twitter, his description says "My opinions are my own and are not the views of Blizzard Entertainment", Someone got a job at Blizzard
    Gliff is a 6.0 Protection warrior!

But you're right, I'm derailing my own thread. Oops. >.<

I'm having trouble buttoning down the execute tooltip equation - always end up out by a few. Have any of you nailed it down?

thanks.

I am sure you guys have covered it already in this thread, but I was wondering what talents, glyphs and gearing we're going for come 6.0.2?

I am going to tank SoO until WoD for guild.

Feel free to redirect me to any page, couldn't really find any straight answers last ~10 pages but I am very tired at the moment so might very well missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Painapple View Post
    I am sure you guys have covered it already in this thread, but I was wondering what talents, glyphs and gearing we're going for come 6.0.2?

I am going to tank SoO until WoD for guild.

Feel free to redirect me to any page, couldn't really find any straight answers last ~10 pages but I am very tired at the moment so might very well missed it.
    Are you going for pure DPS? Bonus Armor > Crit > Mastery > Haste, with Sudden Death, Dragon's Roar, and Bloodbath as your talent choices.

if you're leaning more towards survivability, than mastery will probably have a higher value than crit, and you'd use heavy repercussions over sudden death. Glyph of Cleave obviously, and the rest is up to you.

It's going to play almost exactly the same this late into SoO except that you're going to do a 18 seconds up, 18 seconds down rotation for Shield Block instead of 24 seconds of uptime.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-jealous-quot

This thread has a lot of good information pertaining to 6.0 and warrior tanks.
    Last edited by Henesys; 2014-10-12 at 03:09 AM.