Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Seriously hoping Blizzard changes their minds on this... : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    If only my Orc warrior could look like that, wtf are those hideous things we've been playing up to now?!
    You chose to roll a race you thought was hideous?

Huh. Personally I roll orcs because they're awesome looking. As is.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Erect postures are for Alliance and gay elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post

tauren technically stand upright, they just have a hunch, but there chests are vertical. meaning you can see there chest armor/tabards the right way.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    You must hate most orc animations then when they raise their chin above their diaphragm, you must really hate all their artwork and concept art and wallpapers and paintings and statues and custom in game models and cinematic models and every orc in the fucking world except for the player model and some trading card game art based on the player model from freelance artists. It must have been a total breath of fresh air for you to see this weird new hunched orc in WOW after so many years in Warcraft without it.

Or you're just a species of nub who came to know orcs through their WOW player model. Oh, ho-ho. New players. Will they ever learn? It's a good thing I was playing Warcraft from the moment Blizzard began development so I can't ever be a new player.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    tauren technically stand upright, they just have a hunch, but there chests are vertical. meaning you can see there chest armor/tabards the right way.
    Broken record time.

That's the funny thing, nobody is asking for erect postures, they are asking for the "proper" hunch for the thinking man's orc of tomorrow who is into poetry and origami. No actually, that's absurd, posture should not carry such vague stereotypical bias in these people's minds, but hey, humans do love their tribalism. It's sad watching so many of you fail to recognize this distinction of no hunch vs normal hunch while touting your little "ace in the hole" around on your home made T-shirts and campaign signs oddly proclaiming homophobic victory because decrepit posture= edgy and non decrepit posture=lame alliance. Thank the gods we have internet locker room nerd jocks to set us straight on our lameness. Maybe they can come back when they have something legitimate to add, many of us had hoped to escape this kind of bullshit in middle school or high school, or the few sorry souls who still trust the system and seek to join the college fraternity.

Posture too erect for you? Think about your taxes and try not to get too excited.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

I still think they would just look INFINITELY more badass without the hunch...

Deleted
    It is both pitiful and disappointing that Blizzard's artists are free enough to create such brilliant CGI designs of orcs within the Cinematic trailer, only to have their designs shot down and destroyed out of liberal angst that players would be upset by such extravagant design changes in game. It is even more ridiculous when you discover that new models are in fact an option; such changes can be reversed with the click of a button within the UI.

The cinematic displayed orc's faithfully, Grommash stands tall and imposing, along with EVERY OTHER ORC WITHIN THE CINEMATIC. His in-game model will surely be changed to reflect that, and we will have to look on in annoyance as blizzard refuses to make the same changes for player models.

The upright but muscular large trapezius looks perfect.
    Shame

I am 100% sure that we will get the option to choose Orcs standing proud one day. Now with the new models it feels like they'd be more motivated to do so. ^^
    They look SO badass when they stand tall and proud!!

Deleted
    Did you really have to resurrect this thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    Did you really have to resurrect this thread?
    Reported for offering nothing of consequence to the discussion.
    This is still a legitimate issue. Discourse on the subject still relevant. Better than creating new thread.

so why dont they just add a nonhunched option? that way the people who wanna still have the peon look can keep it and everybody else can have the upright badass look

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachui View Post
    so why dont they just add a nonhunched option? that way the people who wanna still have the peon look can keep it and everybody else can have the upright badass look
    Because that makes sense.

I mean, most of the orc's animations are upright already, so all you'd have to do is alter the idle animation. No one cares if they hunch over in their "combat-ready pose" or lurch forward when they run. I just want to stand like every single orc has in every iteration of warcraft ever made.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

Didn't they say once the new models in and as they add more customization options, upright Orcs will become a real thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    Because that makes sense.

I mean, most of the orc's animations are upright already, so all you'd have to do is alter the idle animation. No one cares if they hunch over in their "combat-ready pose" or lurch forward when they run. I just want to stand like every single orc has in every iteration of warcraft ever made.
    Because it's not a priority to waste dev time appealing to a vocal minority of the playerbase that plays orcs, which is already a fraction of the playerbase itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Didn't they say once the new models in and as they add more customization options, upright Orcs will become a real thing?
    Yes but these guys didn't get the memo.

Actually they gave the usual "We'll look into it" response they give for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

I'm just waiting to see when they start selling skins and what not in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I'm just waiting to see when they start selling skins and what not in the store.
    Red orcs now on the ingame store for only $30!!! We are practically giving them away for that price!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    You must hate most orc animations then when they raise their chin above their diaphragm, you must really hate all their artwork and concept art and wallpapers and paintings and statues and custom in game models and cinematic models and every orc in the fucking world except for the player model and some trading card game art based on the player model from freelance artists. It must have been a total breath of fresh air for you to see this weird new hunched orc in WOW after so many years in Warcraft without it.

Or you're just a species of nub who came to know orcs through their WOW player model. Oh, ho-ho. New players. Will they ever learn? It's a good thing I was playing Warcraft from the moment Blizzard began development so I can't ever be a new player.
    LOL, get a load of this guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ababmer View Post
    It is both pitiful and disappointing that Blizzard's artists are free enough to create such brilliant CGI designs of orcs within the Cinematic trailer, only to have their designs shot down and destroyed out of liberal angst that players would be upset by such extravagant design changes in game. It is even more ridiculous when you discover that new models are in fact an option; such changes can be reversed with the click of a button within the UI.

The cinematic displayed orc's faithfully, Grommash stands tall and imposing, along with EVERY OTHER ORC WITHIN THE CINEMATIC. His in-game model will surely be changed to reflect that, and we will have to look on in annoyance as blizzard refuses to make the same changes for player models.

The upright but muscular large trapezius looks perfect.
    Shame
    Oh boy, another Hitler Youth whose opinions and vernacular were informed by Obama being president when they finally became aware of the outside world and started watching the news with their parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Is there any blizzard art that exists of hunched orcs?