Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And no one is getting inconvenienced by this case at hand.
    In fact the non-islamic students gaining an advantage.

Exam at a later date translates into more time for preparation..
    We should just save all exams until you're 30 then so people have more time to prepare <3

And no one is getting inconvenienced by this case at hand.
    In fact the non-islamic students gaining an advantage.

I'd say that the off-chance that it messes up already prepared timetable (some people have those) is pretty huge inconvenience.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay quick reminder that discussing religion and bashing religion are against the forum rules, try to avoid those and keep the discussion to the topic at hand so this thread can stay open.

Besides, in civilized western countries, going to university is pretty much free.
    Au contraire, universities here are extremely cheap compared to the Western countries.

It sets a presedence
    And?

It's nothing major.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexinho View Post
    Irrelevant.

The reason for which you kill matters little. You still kill.
    Name 1 single war where Religion wasn't a huge part of the reason it started.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Entry fee and books combined is €1k euros over here for a year (give or take a hundred). Huge debt. Wish I joined a religious group instead.
    What do you study?

Campfireology?

Au contraire, universities here are extremely cheap compared to the Western countries.
    So you get majorly debted in those extremely cheap universities? You contradict yourself now.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    Vietnam, both world wars, War on Terror.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    So you get majorly indebted? You contradict yourself now.
    I don't. Our universities are cheap.

Deleted
    Shouldn't happen. They choose their way, no exceptions should be made just because of a superstitious belief.

Deleted
    You forgot the part where universities leave you with tons of debt whereas religion is free.

Religion can afford to be free, it gets off scot free whilst the rest of the planet has to pay over the top taxes over & over ;p

As for Uni`, isn`t there a thing where you only have to pay that off once you start earning a certain amount & even then, doesn`t that clear if it isn`t hit after a certain amount of time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also from my experience i do better at exams if i take it shortly after learning the material..if i learn the material in September and then take the exam in june/july i'm likely to have forgotten a lot/ what the tutor said, no matter how much i revised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you serious here?

Off the top of my head, The Vietnam war and the Korean war.

With a quick google search here is a list of 21.
    http://de-conversion.com/2008/08/01/...uld-be-no-war/

I don't. Our universities are cheap.
    So you spoke out of your ass then in regards how much debt our universities get you.

Deleted
    Theology is one of those.
    Haha. My eldest sister studied Theology. Her final paper was "Is sharia law a threat for western civilization".
    What she should have done was study how Sharia Law is practised in other countries, and how that contradicts or overlaps with our believes, morals, norms and freedoms right?

Nope.

She interviewed 3 muslims, a muslim enthousiast and read a book about it. Then concluded that "Sharia" is an abstract word that means many different things. She then concluded Sharia Law isnt a threat to western civilization because its not a definition, and other countries that force it are using it wrong. She passed A+.

That's Theology. Guess what she does for a living now?
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-04-06 at 01:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vietnam, both world wars, War on Terror.
    Vietnam war: I'll give you that
    WWI: Will give you that too.
    WWII: Sorry, Hitler didn't kill 6 million Jews? Oh okay. That totally never happened.
    "War on Terror": Sorry, because Al Qaeda (religious group) never flew planes into the Twin Towers, triggering the start of the entire war, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate how everyone taking about their universities and using the word "our" does not have their location under their picture, I have no idea what countries you guys are taking about.

Out universities are approximately 8k a year, 4k AUD a semester. Which is fairly cheap compared to England/America I believe but more expensive than EU.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dan-exams.html

I'd be against it if it was any religion for that matter. However I do think the obvious immigration matters in countries also correlate with this form of segregation and lack of wanting to adjust to a society. In Holland schools allready renamed Christmas Diner caus Muslims would keep their kids home.

So what do you think of postponing an entire countries SATs because a minority chooses not to eat?
    As long as I continue to get days off for Christmas and Good Friday, who am I to complain?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    WWII: Sorry, Hitler didn't kill 6 million Jews? Oh okay. That totally never happened.
    "War on Terror": Happened because Al Qaeda (religious group) flew planes into the Twin Towers.
    He didn't start the war to kill 6 million Jews though, afaik, he just did that too.

Hitler killed 11 million people that didn't fit his world view, which include disabled people and homosexuals along with political enemies. Lets stop overplaying the jew part of Holocaust. Were they majority? Slightly. Were they only group targeted? Fuck no.

Deleted
    "War on Terror": Sorry, because Al Qaeda (religious group) never flew planes into the Twin Towers, triggering the start of the entire war, right?
    The greater number of victims to WW2 weren't jews.

World War II was the deadliest military conflict in history. Over 60 million people were killed, which was over 2.5% of the world population.