Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    wow so many items, not even one looking half good, they went downchill with item design after WotLK with just some rare exceptions thereafter.
    i don't really like this new wow graphic style

I hope these items are the scraped ideas that slipped through by accident, they all look like crap..

Deleted
    i expected more from blizzard...

yeah I am not much for these weapons nor the bright colors they are but to each their own

Deleted
    atm I'm playing FF 14 on PS4, and that game look god damn gorgeous. So many fantastic designs, little details like visable rings or earpieces, cloth armor that moves when wind is blowing (or when we're casting).
    It's really hard to like anything in WoW nowdays, game is outdated and they don't even try doing something new and better, swords made from stones, some horrible coloured axes, big ugly shoulders, and other stuff I've seen in this game for 7 years already

Yet another expansion where everyone will transmog out of Blizz's new artwork. I mean I get the theme of the look ... in the past, Orcish, old school, rugged, etc ... but why does every weapon have to be Orc / Dino theme? Why not make some themed from the other races / cultures? If we came from the future, would it not be feasible that people coming back brought future weapons with them?

I just don't get why Blizz keeps giving us old / tired art work...

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Soooooo glad I quit for TESO. Will Blizzard ever learn?
    LOL! Have fun with that. Considering the gear design in TES is even more bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarandao View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    Wow if weapons and armor looked like this in 2004, then what happened in TBC because this armor and weapons (Gain from quests) is way better than anything in TBC with much higher quality
    Quality of graphics = better
    Quality of artwork = so much worse...did you play in TBC or have you even been to Outlands?

Quote Originally Posted by chubtohd View Post
    Quality of graphics = better
    Quality of artwork = so much worse...did you play in TBC or have you even been to Outlands?
    Yes I have. Did YOU play in TBC? Cuz the questing gear was bad. Like, horrible bad. Raid stuff was good, which these models are not.

Some of the 2her maces look kind of cool. They would look great on ogres if we had them as a playable race.

What happened to simple designs since BC?

When was the last time a sword looked like a SWORD with sharp edges instead of being so blunt it looked almost like a mace?
    YES. I've felt this way since WOTLK, but I gave that expansion a pass because it was supposed to be a gritty, scrounge-anything-you-can kind of expansion. Did WoW happen to get a new art director around LK or something?
    But then again, they seem to have a hard-on for big burly he-men, so I don't think they are into graceful and sleek. Can't have those burly menfolk looking silly with a dwarfed but normal-sized weapon grasped in their sausage-fingers, can we?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    Yes I have. Did YOU play in TBC? Cuz the questing gear was bad. Like, horrible bad. Raid stuff was good, which these models are not.
    I keep lots of gear in my bank from TBC for transmog, even levelling gear looks much better than most of the stuff from Cata/MoP/Wrath

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    Doesn't mention anywhere where these models are to be used, could be quest greenies for all we know.

have you even been to Outlands?
    Nobody has, since that place doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the bows! Especially the ones with the leaves and what looks like water dripping off of them. A lot of the polearms and staves are also quite cool.

How exciting!

Yyyyep this is all getting transmogged. Some horrific looking weapons. Why do they insist on making every weapon since Cataclysm look like a toy? Can't we just have a simple, sharp and slender sword? I'm sure the gear is going to end up being pretty cool but holy shit batman, these weapons are just straight up dumb. I find it strange how WoW has such beautiful environment design yet continues to have horrific gear design expac after expac. Bulky weapons do not look cool. None of these weapons look remotely real or functional. They used to be able to balance the cartoony aesthetic with seriousness but that has been thrown out the window for comic book level flashiness. My dwarf is probably gonna continue wielding the IF maces from the Argent Tournament.

ADDENDUM: It's entirely possible that most of these are going to be NPC weapons for more savage enemies like the pale orcs we've seen, in which case tying some broken swords to a stick might actually make some remote sense. Still, not a fan of the design.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked a couple of pieces, but overall disappointed. Hopefully what is yet to be shown is better.

All I can say is thank god they put transmogging in when they did.

Those are some uglyass weapons. (And yes, I know they're alpha models) I know that weapons need to be kind of ornate and Blizz needs to switch it up from time to time, but weapon models have been pretty over the top for awhile now. Giant chunks of stone, weird crystally looking things, ugh.

Not a fan of any of the item models. They all look like leveling greens. If they are thats fine but Id bet a pile of gold those are some of the raid item models as well.