Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Speculation: Third and Final WoW Class.

Got some reasons why the next class should be "demon hunter" class.
    Not sure if its going be named exactly "demon hunter", probably something different, but some speculations based on facts:

1. This going to be the last class, since blizz dont want to bloat the game with classes, and there are 2/3 tokens have got 4 classes on it.
    What is efficient to DH, is they are a vanquishers, and our next class seem to be a "Conqueror"!
    2. 9/11 class have 3 classes for a certain armor type, only mails have got 2. A great base to say the next class going to wear mail (Quite huntish).
    3. We gonna have a lot of Burning Legion content incoming. KJ is still alive, and we don't know how to deal with or introduce Sargeras in game, making it even better base for a class based on demon slaughtering.

Some indirect facts are incoming:
    4. The next class is going to be either a PURE DPS, having at least 1 ranged spec. This comes from a fact, that neither DK nor Monk had a ranged spec, and its a little unfair that the Wands are shared between 3 classes, and bows/guns/crossbows are just for hunter. Quite possible the next class will find a great use for those agi-based ranged weapons.

Can't be sure its a DEMON HUNTER (a pure dps class). It is possible its gonna be another DPS/Heal/Tank class using mail? Fits much better for a "Conqueror" title!

Any ideas/notes?

its not gonna be the final class.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how much you've read these forums, but I wanted to warn you that this thread will not be about Demon hunters AT ALL. Well, maybe for a page or two...

Anyways, I'm not sure what the next class will be, but I too think it'll be a mail wearer, likely able to equip ranged weapons.
    Not really any guarantees though, Blizzard adjusts drop rates according to need. If there's 4 plate classes and 2 mail classes, plate will drop twice as often. Another mail/range wep user would make sense, but if they feel that something else will bring better and more unique gameplay, they can add anything they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gweenz View Post
    Got some reasons why the next class should be "demon hunter" class.
    Not sure if its going be named exactly "demon hunter", probably something different, but some speculations based on facts:

1. This going to be the last class, since blizz dont want to bloat the game with classes, and there are 2/3 tokens have got 4 classes on it.
    What is efficient to DH, is they are a vanquishers, and our next class seem to be a "Conqueror"!
    2. 9/11 class have 3 classes for a certain armor type, only mails have got 2. A great base to say the next class going to wear mail (Quite huntish).
    3. We gonna have a lot of Burning Legion content incoming. KJ is still alive, and we don't know how to deal with or introduce Sargeras in game, making it even better base for a class based on demon slaughtering.

Some indirect facts are incoming:
    4. The next class is going to be either a PURE DPS, having at least 1 ranged spec. This comes from a fact, that neither DK nor Monk had a ranged spec, and its a little unfair that the Wands are shared between 3 classes, and bows/guns/crossbows are just for hunter. Quite possible the next class will find a great use for those agi-based ranged weapons.

Can't be sure its a DEMON HUNTER (a pure dps class). It is possible its gonna be another DPS/Heal/Tank class using mail? Fits much better for a "Conqueror" title!

Any ideas/notes?
    If they were the final class, why would Blizzard choose a class whose abilities and theme already exist within existing classes? The Hunter class for example can already hunt demons;

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=19878/track-demons

Why do we need a Demon Hunter?

Finally, if we look at class types, we're not getting a 5th DPS class;

1 role classes: Rogues, Hunters, Mages, Warlocks
    2 role classes: Shaman, Priests, Warriors, Death Knights
    3 role classes: Druids, Monks, Paladins

Last class will more than likely be able to Heal/DPS/Tank
    Last edited by Teriz; 2014-04-07 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I agree it should be mail. Beyond that... dunno. How do you do use mail and ranged for a demon hunter without stepping on Hunter's toes and just ending up with a dark version of a Hunter. How do you make them more suitably dark magic without stepping on Warlocks. How do you make them cunning and Rogue-like in their style without stepping on Rogues... :\ (Rogues already been stepped on some via Monks IMO... As cool as Demon Hunters sounds it would suck to have it happen again/more.)

Personal opinion, that I'm sure plenty would disagree, but I still think demon hunter type thing would be a cool Rogue 4th spec...something optional that would mix it up for a class that's had a hard time getting anything fresh and new done for it. Dark Rogue that's dun gone off and lost his/her mind... (Make it a hard quest line to earn it, a storyline that ties it in. And maybe make people find them a little less boring these days.)
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2014-04-07 at 12:13 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good notice, but try to look on next as on aiming: Blizz didn't introduce any cloth during this time.
    Mail fits extremely well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gweenz View Post
    Good notice, but try to look on next as on aiming: Blizz didn't introduce any cloth during this time.
    Mail fits extremely well.
    We had 3 cloth classes in Vanilla. We don't really need anymore. We had 3 cloth, 2 mail, 2 leather, and 2 plate. Blizzard has been adding armor types to each class that doesn't have 3. Mail is the last one left.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If they were the final class, why would Blizzard choose a class whose abilities and theme already exist within existing classes? The Hunter class for example can already hunt demons;

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=19878/track-demons

Why do we need a Demon Hunter?

Finally, if we look at class types, we're not getting a 5th DPS class;

1 role classes: Rogues, Hunters, Mages, Warlocks
    2 role classes: Shaman, Priests, Warriors, Death Knights
    3 role classes: Druids, Monks, Paladins

Last class will more than likely be able to Heal/DPS/Tank
    Great note. Still, i've noticed im not sure its going to be a demon hunter. This is just a certain logical base for a speculation.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. You wanted to criticize me too much, but my bases are well fitting for the DH (though im not claiming its going to be DH). Still, i doubt they'd introduce a 13th or further classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its not gonna be the final class.
    There has to be a limit eventually. I don't want or think we even need new classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    There has to be a limit eventually. I don't want or think we even need new classes.
    Also there really isn't a lot of themes left that can be made into a robust three-spec class with glyphs, talents, and abilities that reflect that theme, and don't collide with existing classes.

Deleted
    The last class has to fill a niche. Currently there are not many existing ones, so let's focus on where a new class could be added:
    -not enough mail users
    -not enough ranged weapons users
    -no class with physical ranged dps and no pet
    -5 tanks and 5 healers but 5 tanking specs and 6 healing ones (due to priest).

So, the future class should wear mail, be a ranged physical damage dealer and also a tank but with no pet.

Now let's check the most wanted classes, demon hunter and tinker. Unfortunately they can't be made to work together. So, if they go with most popular it's either going to be demon hunter, melee dps spec, tank and ranged no pet physical spec (Diablo style) or it will be tinker, melee dps spec probably using turrets of sorts, tank in a robot and ranged sharpshooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    The last class has to fill a niche. Currently there are not many existing ones, so let's focus on where a new class could be added:
    -not enough mail users
    -not enough ranged weapons users
    -no class with physical ranged dps and no pet
    -5 tanks and 5 healers but 5 tanking specs and 6 healing ones (due to priest).

So, the future class should wear mail, be a ranged physical damage dealer and also a tank but with no pet.

Now let's check the most wanted classes, demon hunter and tinker. Unfortunately they can't be made to work together. So, if they go with most popular it's either going to be demon hunter, melee dps spec, tank and ranged no pet physical spec (Diablo style) or it will be tinker, melee dps spec probably using turrets of sorts, tank in a robot and ranged sharpshooter.
    Tinker is in the running not just because its popular, but also because it has an attachment to WC3 like all previous classes. Also, Technology as a theme is absent within the class lineup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bard. Int Mail. Ranged DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    Bard. Int Mail. Ranged DPS.
    An argument could be made for a Bard if they make it like ROs Bard/Minstrel/Maestro class, or Teriz's Bard class.

Since the next class would likely use Mail, I wonder if it has to be pigeon-holed into being an AGI/INT user, or if that new tech that changes the stats to match your spec could be utilized to let it use Strength as well.

What the game "needs" from an even-ness perspective is a Mail wearing heal/ranged DPS hybrid. Possibly using bows/guns/etc. Considering there hasn't been a new ranged spec since the game went live and it's bloated with melee - which sucks since WoW is often not melee friendly.

But of course, they'll just make whatever they think is cool.

I think one more class would be nice and neat and 12 classes is plenty for the game.

However, probably not as Blizzard plans to make expansions pretty much until everyone stops playing, and look how much people QQ when there's no new class for an expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by von Richthofen View Post
    Since the next class would likely use Mail, I wonder if it has to be pigeon-holed into being an AGI/INT user, or if that new tech that changes the stats to match your spec could be utilized to let it use Strength as well.
    I think they like plate=STR in general.

Didn't they just announce that Holy Paladins will use STR plate too? I think they'd rather armour was... neater.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    We don't...but we didn't really need the DK or Monk either.

New classes offer an opportunity for lore, new gameplay, new looks, the ability to explore different aspects of the universe and help justify additions to the game no other system would. It took the addition of Monks for Blizzard to justify new unarmed combat animations for example. Sure..it could have done so earlier but a lot of this development needs to be justified and prioritised...and a new class allows for that.

Do we need a new class? No.
    Will we get a new class? IMO.....given Blizzards complaints about the ability and work needed to balance the existing 34 specs, I think we are either at the limit of what Blizzard is willing to add (no new class) or very close to it (one new class). The ability purge probably makes it likely we'll see one more class...but I doubt we'll see any more.

Which class would it be? Technically, Blizzard could add anything, any class concept it wanted. But, Blizzard has discussed class design with us before and there are limits and constraints.

They don't like baggage for example. It's better for them to be able to add a new class without worrying about what it has been shown to do in the past. They like the freedom to create stories and abilities and their hands aren't tied.

Another aspect is uniqueness. There is little advantage to Blizzard reinventing the wheel. Especially if there is only one more class lot to be filled, we should expect it to be somewhat divergent from the existing classes, so that it can have its own identity. Taking into account their usual economics, it's helpful if this class also justifies improvements elsewhere in the game and attracts a different type of player than normally plays the game.

As a result...we can rule out classes such as BattleMages (plate wearing 2H wielding melee spell casters - aka Paladins) and Spellbreakers (Warriors or Paladins who have the Spellbreaking ability). Wardens are champions of NElf justice - a mix of Rogues and Paladins. The Bard stereotype is essentially a Rogue who plays music. Demon Hunters are a mix of Warlocks and Rogues.

And so on. Many of these concepts could make marvellous 4th specs but don't offer enough uniqueness or room for improvement to seemingly justify a class slot.

Of the class options available....I would have to disagree with the Demon Hunter. As usual. Too tied in with Warlocks and Rogues, and not enough room to developments own identity, too much design baggage already in place and not enough potential to justify the creation of new mechanics or animations or lore or other changes.

Of the available options...I still think a tech based class is the most likely. Tech exists in the gameworld, butt here is no tech class. Adding tech would offer an opportunity to add in tech and mechanics, animations, lore, systems. We could see Gazlowe and Gelbin change to reflect that they are Tinkers. The opportunity to develop Gnome and Goblins lore, rework Gnomeregan and so on? All potential benefits of a Tech class.

So...it is a concept which is unique, represents a facet of the gameworld not covered by an existing class, offers a different type of avatar that could potentially attract new players, is flexible enough that it can accomodate different roles in different ways and offers the opportunity to improve and add to the game by allowing Blizzard to prioritise the addition of tech based systems, animations, lore.

I don't think any other class concept offers all of that. Perhaps Bard with its emphasis on Music....the stereotype might be roguish, but that doesn't mean Blizzards take would.

Of course, WoD also takes us to L100. Probably the end of the current levelling system. The Next Xpac will likely see some other advancement system. Maybe even a new class system that may allow for more varied classes. Choose a secondary class for example - Warlock and Rogue for Demon Hunter, Druid and Priest for Priest of the Moon, Paladin and Rogue for Warden. Mage and Warlock for Blood Mage.

Or something else. Who knows?

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2014-04-07 at 02:33 AM.

Another one of these threads :l .
    My name is what makes me so manly.

If another class will be introduced, it will be a range focused one Since as it stands Hunters have NO compation when it comes to Range (physical) dps
    and before you say "But demon hunter is" No, Demon hunter is Diablo is range, Demon hunter in wow is Melee

As long as its not another melee, I don't care what it is.