Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Uhh, don't like this one. All other models vary between amazing (dwarf male) and nice (human female), but this one seems to take the new over-the-top-expressions apporach a bit too far. The face and mimic looks like Tauren was a comedy relief from any Disney movie ever made, the walk animation seems to beg for a guy playing a tuba theme on each step and the model overall feels, well, just goofy. Not what I've expected a fierce, proud warrior to look like.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is awesome & amazing! But where are the Human male models gonna come?! If this is the sign of things to come I really can't wait for the Human male models.
    Also, as pointed out by a poster above, I do hope with these newer models there will be less armor clipping.

I was worried to begin with, seeing the still pictures first he looked way too goofy.

However, seeing him animated changed my opinion completely. They've done an awesome job with this, and I am now extremely excited for Tauren aswell. Definitely plan on re-leveling my druid once WoD hits!

Deleted
    Another fine model re-creation! Keep 'em coming!

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I really hope that people at least now understand why new models is a really big development challenge and task. Look at how much work it takes to create ONE facial expression and animate something "simple" such as running animation. This is a labor of love and you can tell by the results so far. I'm impressed and I can't wait for my tauren shammy to channel those spells.
    Exactly this, animating a character by hand is iterating and iterating over and over again trying to make everything flow nice, have the proper weight, timing and force.

hahaha loved the face when he's /dancing.

LOL at people calling the Tauren a "Fierce Warrior" and "Goofy" You do know the Tauren lore right? The model fits them perfectly.

I liked the previous models. This one I'm not very satisfied with. I agree with the people that say he's over-animated. Tauren should have more deliberate /calm movements. I also feel like the face proportions are a little off, not sure how to explain what i mean by that.

Deleted
    Make. Me. This.

Just looking at the pictures, I was thinking "hmm . . . doesn't look that different to me".

But those spellcasting animations are freaking amazing. I love how it seems the elements are whipping around the Tauren as he casts . . . really befitting the race. I also love the weight you can feel watching him walk . . . it's awesome!

Great job!

Big improvement, but not enough to convince me to go tauren priest even with that racial.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Take the video with the two Tauren models running side by side and imagine both with whatever set yours is wearing now. With the way armor is overexaggerated in this game, you won't even notice much of a difference. It just feels like a huge waste of resources.
    probably the reason models are shown without armor or especially without a helm on. Once you put a helm and full armor on you'll notice very little changes besides casting animations and running maybe. Look at the asian beta footage videos you can see orcs full armor with helm not notice much change.

The dance face alone sold the model to me.Nice job Blizzard.I can't wait to see the Night Elf model when they are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Uhh, don't like this one. All other models vary between amazing (dwarf male) and nice (human female), but this one seems to take the new over-the-top-expressions apporach a bit too far. The face and mimic looks like Tauren was a comedy relief from any Disney movie ever made, the walk animation seems to beg for a guy playing a tuba theme on each step and the model overall feels, well, just goofy. Not what I've expected a fierce, proud warrior to look like.
    Not what I've expected a fierce, proud warrior to look like.
    a fierce, proud warrior
    I think you're confusing the tauren for orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great models <3 I want male space goats though :*(

GG Blizzard, now I HAVE to do a faction change.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Take the video with the two Tauren models running side by side and imagine both with whatever set yours is wearing now. With the way armor is overexaggerated in this game, you won't even notice much of a difference. It just feels like a huge waste of resources.
    Sure.. go tell me my pandaren with the same armor as a troll looks as good as the other.

The skin won't matter much due to armor (although NPCs don't all wear armor), but the animations, it's just a major improvement.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Tauren aren't supposed to look like a fierce warrior, they are calm and peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    I think you're confusing the tauren for orcs.
    Yeah, because only one race can be strong. Living for years as a nomadic tribes and having to fight Centaurs and Quilboars every day for supplies and water makes me immidiately think about Pluto face. How are they not fierce and proud warriors?

First model I don't really like. Reminds me of Sully from Monsters Inc.; big, fluffy and not very scary/intimidating at all.