Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MMO-Champ shows DDOS Protection by Cloudfare??

The site is extremely slow now and when accessing it I see a flash that says DDOS Protection by Cloudfare. Has anyone else seen this?

Yeah. In fact, the site repeatedly crashes on my phone now which never used to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea that's because they were being ddos'd considering few min ago they had error 500 aka server @ capacity

The site went down earlier today and an old version was projected by cloudflare too. I'm assuming they must of been DDOS hard and that know they have to run some program or they just get brought down again.

Wondered what that was all about. Unfortunate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by itzferal View Post
    The site is extremely slow now and when accessing it I see a flash that says DDOS Protection by Cloudfare. Has anyone else seen this?

The site was down for a bit late this morning. I figured it was because so many people were trying to access the WoD screenshots, but it seems it might have been something more sinister (perhaps someone was annoyed that MMOC beat them?)

Sig by Isilrien

15+ Year Old Account
    Temporary measure taken by some IT staff to mitigate an attack against the site by some misinformed person from another site. I've heard said person has since been informed and stopped.

It will probably go away soonish; not sure what IT's process is for this, tbh.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    I was confused as to what was happening :*(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    The site was down for a bit late this morning. I figured it was because so many people were trying to access the WoD screenshots, but it seems it might have been something more sinister (perhaps someone was annoyed that MMOC beat them?)
    Beat them in what? If you mean Sandbox, well mmo-c wasnt the first one.

Bumping to show other confused people it's not just them.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixu99 View Post
    Beat them in what? If you mean Sandbox, well mmo-c wasnt the first one.
    I was thinking also the same thing. People were annoyed on ownedcore on who will release the sandbox first as there was a competition to whom will be the first to make it. People then disliked the idea that there's a money offer to whom will make the sandbox first so the entire thing was scrapped.

I guess some of those "anti-sandbox" people got pissed and decided to DDoS both Ownedcore and maybe mmo-c since some people over there hate this site and are actively competing with mmo-c in order to show who will be able to finish datamining first.

Or maybe something was leaked that some people didn't want others to know or maybe just site traffic so who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    Bumping to show other confused people it's not just them.

Bumpity bump bump
    Bumpity bump bump
    Let's bump this thread right up
    So that others see
    And don't think
    "It's just me"
    And learn the cause of it!

Bumpity bump bump
    Bumpity bump bump
    Let's bump this thread right up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    I was thinking also the same thing. People were annoyed on ownedcore on who will release the sandbox first as there was a competition to whom will be the first to make it. People then disliked the idea that there's a money offer to whom will make the sandbox first so the entire thing was scrapped.

I guess some of those "anti-sandbox" people got pissed and decided to DDoS both Ownedcore and maybe mmo-c since some people over there hate this site and are actively competing with mmo-c in order to show who will be able to finish datamining first.

Or maybe something was leaked that some people didn't want others to know or maybe just site traffic so who knows?

Ownedcore? never heard of it :/

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    I also thought it was due to the amount of people trying to get WoD info but I guess MMO-Champ has gotten so big that they are on the radars for the evil guys out there .
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Lots of skiddies pretending to be cool lately on the intarwebs
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.

10+ Year Old Account

QQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Ownedcore? never heard of it :/
    You trying to hurt my feelings HUH?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its posible that the provider of mmc site was DDOsed or there was a upgrade on software.

Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    It was an attack according to Simca. Should be recovering though, according to her?

I'd go grab the thread if I didn't JUST close it. /lazy
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby