Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    I doubt you get more healing out of EM than ReM + uplift in most cases (granted u dont sit on flagcarry duty all game, speaking of teammbattles), unless rbgs playstyle has greatly changed since I last did it, which I really dont think is the case. Btw I didnt mean that you should solely rely on ReM and uplift healing, I just stated that you do indeed use them quite alot in rbgs / 5s and that the "no need to be in range" thing was just a small perk in favour of it! Rbg healing is alot like pve healing anyway so nothing incredibly interesting to the gameplay there.
    I've been running many nights with double MW comps and every time the other monk used uplift on the group fights I usually pulled much higher on meters when I placed more focus to ReM and EM. When other monks used EM also we were much closer in healing done in the big fights.
    Only time I could think using uplift is against high pressure teams where nobody is topped but in those situations there is usually still targets that need more healing because they are focused and could use the EM more than getting couple uplift hits.
    The way I see it is that uplift results in much higher overhealing and with EM you can place the healing every time to target that is being focused and will get most of it.

Deleted
    Regarding monk pvp healing, you still need surging mists on your bar for use with thunder focus tea as uplift is mostly useless in arena. All chi should go on enveloping mists, ideally channeling soothing mists only long enough to land it then cancelling it before you're interrupted.
    There is a good MW pvp healing guide on arenajunkies from Baten or you could try looking for some of Cdews old vods.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Hi, new mw monk here I'm a bit confused about Surging Mist ... Some monks remove it from their action bars (in PvP), because they say they go oom in seconds, if they spam it for Chi gen., while others use it a lot and never go oom. Now I can't really imagine how can you go oom with casting Surging Mist, which only costs 8,8% of base mane??? Can someone enlighten me where's the truth?

We have one of the cheapest 1,5 sec cast of all healers. Druid can spam Regrowth, which costs 29,7% of base mana and they never go oom with doing so. Shamans Healing Sphere cost 34% mana (he can't spam it, obviously), Paladins Flash of Light cost 37,8% mana (and also heals for crap, lol). Only Priest have it cheaper than us: Flash Heal - 5,9% mana. Not to forget that Surging Mist is also the most powerful 1,5 sec heal in the game (heals like twice as much as non crit Regrowth and costs 3 x less mana), so I really don't see a reason why don't we use it more often not only as a Chi generator but also as a very powerful heal/filler?
    I would rather remove Soothing Mist from my bars, if i would have to choose between these two:P
    Im going to let u in on the secret. I use Surging Mist a lot in pvp, without it i would never have made it to 2.5k rating in 3s. Just to be clear u do know that its instant if its cast while soothing mist is being channeled right?

The secret to not going OOM as monk on the other hand lies in using the talent Chi Brew aswell as using Enveloping Mists as often as possible to regenerate mana tea. I had mana issues like crazy Before i changed from Ascension to Brew, since then i never lost a game because i was oom Before the other healer.

Spamming Healing spheres is great to use on ureself and i dont tend to use it on other since it doesnt give any tea stacks. I do at time however use it on others but not in emergencys

Uplift on the other hand i never use in Arenas(Maybe in 5v5 but i dont do that), aswell as SCK

Pro Tip: Bind Chi brew to renewing mist and u will Always use it on cooldown
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2014-04-14 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inay View Post
    I've been running many nights with double MW comps and every time the other monk used uplift on the group fights I usually pulled much higher on meters when I placed more focus to ReM and EM. When other monks used EM also we were much closer in healing done in the big fights.
    Only time I could think using uplift is against high pressure teams where nobody is topped but in those situations there is usually still targets that need more healing because they are focused and could use the EM more than getting couple uplift hits.
    The way I see it is that uplift results in much higher overhealing and with EM you can place the healing every time to target that is being focused and will get most of it.
    Maybe Im remembering it wrong then, and ofc its very situational, both depend on the comp you are running as well as the comp you are against... I just remember that I destroyed the meters when I played, keeping EM on our dk I believe and just uplifted when the rest of the raid took somewhat dmg, ran with rsham and rdruid/hp most of the times. But this was back in 5.2 at around 2400 rating where every freaking team player with 100000x destro warlocks.
    Anyway my point was that it wasnt excluded when healing in rbgs! Maybe people are running more 1shot comps nowadays? But as I said, it used to be similiar to pve healing as you usually have some people a bit further, supposed to be the one initiating/ tanking the dmg (dk tc for instance)

Slightly more on topic for arenas: sometimes (depending on what u play with) your team gotta extend abit further away, and as a good healer u should probably pillar hump, when your teammates are far away its really hard to land those stupid orbs, so soothing + spammin surging mists when shit hit the fan is the way to go, but as other people already said, u usually use it in conjunction with TFT to make sure u dont get interupted when you need to stand there spamming! You cant get interupted when channeling your mana teas btw, can be handy to juke the other players interupt as they might not pay attention to what you are actually channeling!
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Quote Originally Posted by Inay View Post
    Yes you can dispel it but you can get it up pretty fast again and trust me its throughput for you even in RBG's is going to be more than going for uplift.
    Saying things like MW doesn't need chi in pvp or go just for the healing sphere's is just wrong. You use healing spheres when you cant risk being interrupted or counter burst damage. Otherwise you will want to use soothing mist to generate chi and use the chi on EM.
    I didn't suggest uplift instead. Your ability to get 3 chi fast again relies on chi brew being off CD, or being able to stand still and channel/spam.

RBGs/5s and 2s/3s healing are very different ball games for a Monk. You probably know this ofc..

But in 2s and 3s, when the other team is going for the kill:
    - The enemy healer will be spamming that purge button every GCD vs a HoT healer. gg 3 chi.
    - All enemy team members have you on focus and any cast you make at this time will get you an immediate spell lock [unless TfT].
    - You often have to move constantly to kite a melee or CC on you, and/or keep your team-mate in range/LoS.
    The only real solution to any one of these common occurrences is Healing Spheres. If none of that is happening, feel free to turret soothing/surging/EM/whatever. :>

In contrast, in RBGs, even when they're trying to burst someone down:
    - The healers are generally always busy, so a dps needs to take the responsibility to spam purge instead of deeps. Which in most RBGs teams, they don't.
    - You're rarely going to be the enemy team's /focus. Channeling is much, much safer.
    - As a healer you may as well/can afford to sit at the back and turret. If you get melee on you, you've got enough mobility to get far enough away that they get fed up and swap targets - there's likely always a better target than you, unless you're sat in the middle of everything.
    - You get CC'd infrequently enough for trinket/Nimble to be enough.

So aye, I agree with you - RBGs: EM > Uplift if they're focusing one/two people. Uplift if they're mostly multidotting.
    Arenas with you as the only healer: EM for most of the game if it's safe to cast, but spammed Healing Spheres (0.5 sec GCD) ends up your emergency heal if they have a dispeller/ranged interrupts.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman
    Don't you often overcap chi then? o_o
    RnM gives 1 and CB gives 2.. If you ever have more than 1 chi when you cast RnM you're gonna waste the CB.
    =
    Bowick
    Mistweaver Monk

Officer @ The Raven Council - EU

Well put and I agree. I somehow related your first post in context to earlier ones.

I would rather make weak aura string to track chi brew than bind it on ability.

Please do not bind Chi Brew to ReM for PvP. That's an awful idea. Using it to get quick Envelopings on other players when they need it is much more useful than always having it on cd.

Using a (heal boosting) cooldown on cooldown as a healer is never good idea...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post

Pro tip: Don't. Also, highly doubt you got to 2.5k rating with that protip.