Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I changed to a fire spec centres around wave of force.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    This is kind of off-topic, but does conflag's dot stack with itself? I assume it does, since you're using it?
    Yes, conflag stacks. Go test it on ghom torment6 etc, and be amased. Hope Blizzard dosen't nerf it =/

Only tried one kill and he died inn less than 1½ min.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Wengel View Post
    Disintegrate spec with a fuckton of arcane bonus damage is hillarious. with the volatility rune, you'll see one mob die only to explode for 20 mill dmg to everything around it.
    Arcane Hydra if you need to kite, 1.2m aoe bolts from each head.
    And of course you can put Archon on your bars and melt a away 800m-1b health away from a mob in 20 seconds.

It's also far more easy on the arcane power usage than i.e. an orb build. I don't even have AP generators on my bars anymore.
    This! I have ~70% arcane damge and ~65% desintegrate damage, things just go puff

I been collecting gear to switch to frost but with the Frozen Ray not Noob orb once I get the source that makes it pierce, Frost Ray with the "black cold" rune gona be hilarious.

I don't know how you couldn't notice it.

I thought the same thing when I first started, but it only took 30 min or so of playing to realize it had been hit pretty hard. It's nowhere near as good as it was. Things I cleared with ease before take significantly more time. But in some ways I'm glad, it encouraged me to try something new. Saw no reason to switch before, it was just really powerful.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Which requires a lot of gear, frozen orb doesn't.
    and that was one of the probleams, the gerar threshold was too low and that what made alot of ppl jump the wz bandwagon, some specs are just as good but require some more elaborated stat sinergies.

Disintegrate spec with a fuckton of arcane bonus damage is hillarious. with the volatility rune, you'll see one mob die only to explode for 20 mill dmg to everything around it.
    And of course you can put Archon on your bars and melt a away 800m-1b health away from a mob in 20 seconds.

It's also far more easy on the arcane power usage than i.e. an orb build. I don't even have AP generators on my bars anymore.

I concur,

I use electrocute with arcane dynamo for my Disintegrate+Archon spec - currently crit ticks for 30m with just Disintegrate.
    I don't think I could play anything else at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    and that was one of the probleams, the gerar threshold was too low and that what made alot of ppl jump the wz bandwagon, some specs are just as good but require some more elaborated stat sinergies.
    The thing that makes frost orb superior even at high gear level is the cast and forget mechanic (imo). I've played a firesorc, a arcane sorc with arcane torrent and one with desintegrate while having high elemental damage bonus and skill damage bonus. And while I was able to clear everything just fine the orb feels just better. You don't have to stand around and it has no build up time. Letting everything explode with a arcane torrent cascade is really nice, but when the monster density gets lower it just don't feels good anymore. You stand more around than you kill stuff, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    The thing that makes frost orb superior even at high gear level is the cast and forget mechanic (imo). I've played a firesorc, a arcane sorc with arcane torrent and one with desintegrate while having high elemental damage bonus and skill damage bonus. And while I was able to clear everything just fine the orb feels just better. You don't have to stand around and it has no build up time. Letting everything explode with a arcane torrent cascade is really nice, but when the monster density gets lower it just don't feels good anymore. You stand more around than you kill stuff, imo.
    I agree on this. Playing arcane torrent lately, frozen orb is a far more mobile playstyle. Arcane torrent is strong but it's an adjustment channeling all the time compared to cast->move->cast->move->repeat of frozen orb.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

It really was too powerful. I mean I was melting stuff in T1/T2 and my gear isn't that great. I am trying out a disintegrate build now since that's what I actually like. Fro-Orb was fun and powerful, but it really was broken.

yea I have 110% Disintegrate Damage its pretty awesome. Although I still have to use a generator because I reforged off my AP on crit for 20% more Disintegrate damage on helm+source

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I used the fix as an excuse to move away from my level up/early gearing Frozen Orb build to play a melee fire Wizard with Maximus.

Frozen Orb is a great build thanks to its independence from gear (other than stacking some bonus frost + arcane orb damage), and it wasn't nerfed too hard with the patch, but there are more fun and tailored builds out there once you start to acquire a few legendaries with interesting effects. I like how they didn't neuter the build completely, but just brought it into line a little more with other builds.

Radius is noticeably smaller, but it's still a solid skill in my book.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Classical Blizzard. Look at spreadsheets, target most used skill, nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    Classical Blizzard. Look at spreadsheets, target most used skill, nerf.
    This.

It sucks especially since im a complete cold build Wiz with +cold damage on almost all my gear, and + arcane orb damage. Now i have to completely re-gear my character if I want to go a different build.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This.

It sucks especially since im a complete cold build Wiz with +cold damage on almost all my gear, and + arcane orb damage. Now i have to completely re-gear my character if I want to go a different build.
    You had always to regear your character if you were stacked with +damage affixes and wanted to try another spec... and orb is just fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This.

So instead of overpowered, orb is now "balanced" and suddenly it's no more fun to play?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

So instead of overpowered, orb is now "balanced" and suddenly it's no more fun to play?
    Well for me at least, Frozen Orb was the only spec I'd played at level 70, so it didn't feel overpowered to me. I had nothing to compare it to. Once they nerfed it though, I realized that it really WAS only a fun spec because it was so good. I don't think it's so crazy to think that a spec is only fun because its overpowered.

It did feel a bit like cheating though, so I don't mind the nerf. The good thing about it being balanced is I don't feel like I have to play that spec. Before it was SO good that I didn't see any reason to try anything else. Now I can roam around and stuff different stuff.

Some people only like overpowered.

I'll keep playing my frozen orb build, only one that felt comfortable to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Frozen orb is still viable and still the most used build

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuanti View Post
    Frozen orb is still viable and still the most used build
    I tried out a heap of other builds last night, went back to frozen orb :/ Most of my gear is +electrocute or +arcane orb. Would like to try RoF with piercing but I lack the offhand to do it Currently using electrocute with the sparks on crit glyph. My weapon causes stuff hit by lightning to turn into electric pulses. So much lightning damage and aoe damage. I only really use Frorb for the slows or on big clusters of mobs for a quick clear.