Variable vs. Constant Frame Rate Options in Handbrake for Gaming Videos

Well, like the title says... What settings for the frame rate should I use in Handbrake for uploading gaming videos to YouTube?
    I can't seem to decide which one is better, variable frame rate or constant frame rate? The raw/source videos are recorded in 30 FPS but I get like 45-60 FPS in-game while recording.

You edit and upload at the same framerate you record. If the raw files are constant 30fps the only good upload is constant 30fps. If your hardware isn't good enough to record constant 60fps then doing constant 30fps is better idea instead of using any non-standard framerates such as 40 or 35.

Variable framerate is so poorly supported by consumer software that it's almost always the wrong answer to any question. VFR is only good for streaming video over low bandwidth if the encoder supports it (OBS for example does), not for archiving purposes such as youtube.

Here's google's own guide for making HD video for youtube https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

Youtube won't do above 30 fps anyway.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Youtube won't do above 30 fps anyway.
    Not sure... I thought so too but you could interpret the YT link above as support for 60fps if they recommend uploading that. Need to give it a try and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    You edit and upload at the same framerate you record. If the raw files are constant 30fps the only good upload is constant 30fps. If your hardware isn't good enough to record constant 60fps then doing constant 30fps is better idea instead of using any non-standard framerates such as 40 or 35.

Variable framerate is so poorly supported by consumer software that it's almost always the wrong answer to any question. VFR is only good for streaming video over low bandwidth if the encoder supports it (OBS for example does), not for archiving purposes such as youtube.

Here's google's own guide for making HD video for youtube https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en
    That is so good to hear heh 'cause I just uploaded 6 videos to YouTube and they are all compressed/encoded with Handbrake at constant frame rate. I did Google beforehand which one was better, VFR or CFR, and I found that CFR is more commonly supported or whatever.
    Since my frame rate in-game is like between 45-60 and I record the videos to 30 FPS for YouTube purposes, having CFR checked while compressing and encoding would be more suitable than VFR.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease heh... I am too much of a perfectionist sometimes :/