Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It's more like how a large amount of Americans feel the nuking was justified, but a large amount of non-Americans (countless polls on this thread give small amounts of evidence - but there's tons of the stuff) feel it wasn't. Which does happen.

I'd only say it was justified if you could prove beyond a doubt that less japanese died via nuke than via land invasion. till then im on the fence.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheltleth View Post
    And what's so bad about it outside of being worse than other forms of insurance that most people get through work?
    because it's insurance and not a true healthcare program that actually helps and stops the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'd only say it was justified if you could prove beyond a doubt that less japanese died via nuke than via land invasion. till then im on the fence.
    That discussion isn't for this thread - but it shows how it's very reasonable to see that being on a certain side of an argument just by location or origin by and large affects your point of view.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    Oh, so you can only deny that holocaust. Ok. Duly noted.
    No the point I was attempting to make, and perhaps not being as clear as I could, is when you say he is a holocaust denier people are going to think you are talking about the nazi/jewish holocaust. And it is naive to think that people won't think that.

There is an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm that this reminded me of

Well, apparently this thread is now about holocaust denial ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Its more about Cenk Uygur (the guy in the video). I guess there's just not a lot to say about Ted Cruz making an idiot of himself yet again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dehotz View Post
    No the point I was attempting to make, and perhaps not being as clear as I could, is when you say he is a holocaust denier people are going to think you are talking about the nazi/jewish holocaust. And it is naive to think that people won't think that.
    I got that. I just don't think it matters which particular horrible act of racially motivated mass murder a person is denying happened and thus doesn't make sense to distinguish.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It's more like how a large amount of Americans feel the nuking was justified, but a large amount of non-Americans (countless polls on this thread give small amounts of evidence - but there's tons of the stuff) feel it wasn't. Which does happen.
    It's hard to say the atomic bombings weren't justified when your opponents vehemently deny their sheer determination to not surrender (in addition to other atrocities) in service of a midget.

Cruz got shat in the mouth, next topic.

Its more about Cenk Uygur (the guy in the video). I guess there's just not a lot to say about Ted Cruz making an idiot of himself yet again.

- - - Updated - - -

I got that. I just don't think it matters which particular horrible act of racially motivated mass murder a person is denying happened and thus doesn't make sense to distinguish.
    I think it matters depending on the varying levels of evidence to support each claim. Although the Armenian genocide seems to be substantiated enough that maybe I'm just giving him too much of the benefit of the doubt.

Interesting side point here, on the Armenian genocide wikipedia page it says it's the second most studied case of genocide after the Holocaust, using those exact terms, further proving my point that referring to something as the Holocaust would lead almost all to think you were talking about one thing in particular.

In any case the article he wrote in '99 was a pretty short letter to the editor expressing some skepticism and he hasn't commented that I've seen on the subject since, I wonder if those are still his views, people can change a lot in 15 years, but as I said, maybe I'm just giving him too much of the benefit of the doubt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cruz and the right have been using Fox and other bias polling sites and sample pools to show that people hate OBamacare. First time they use an unbiased source they find that most people actually like it. Go figure.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    I can't be the only one that thinks the TYT guy is a real doucher. I struggled to watch the first minute of that video until I couldn't take anymore.
    Thanks for warning me that this was a stupid young turks video. Every time i click one of their stupid ass videos it's like being rickrolled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting side point here, on the Armenian genocide wikipedia page it says it's the second most studied case of genocide after the Holocaust, using those exact terms, further proving my point that referring to something as the Holocaust would lead almost all to think you were talking about one thing in particular.
    Just use The Holocaust® next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it matters depending on the varying levels of evidence to support each claim. Although the Armenian genocide seems to be substantiated enough that maybe I'm just giving him too much of the benefit of the doubt.

In any case the article he wrote in '99 was a pretty short letter to the editor expressing some skepticism and he hasn't commented that I've seen on the subject since, I wonder if those are still his views, people can change a lot in 15 years, but as I said, maybe I'm just giving him too much of the benefit of the doubt.
    I agree that people can change their opinion. The problem is that Cenk refuses to clarify his position. Even when the question was the highest voted on his reddit ask me anything. That's not cool.

I generally like Cenk, but people should be aware of this as it may color how you interpret what he has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    Just use The Holocaust® next time.
    Nice

I agree that people can change their opinion. The problem is that Cenk refuses to clarify his position. Even when the question was the highest voted on his reddit ask me anything. That's not cool.

I generally like Cenk, but people should be aware of this as it may color how you interpret what he has to say.
    You're right it's worth mentioning, and it doesn't do him any favors that he won't mention it very true. Just think we should be specific about what we're saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between this and the poll results I'm almost convinced ACA opposition is dwindling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Between this and the poll results I'm almost convinced ACA opposition is dwindling.
    The only ACA opposition ever was rhetoric, and not reality. Most of the claims made against the ACA were just predictions that turned out to be wrong, or just made up lies.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Oh, well, he's a Turk, of course he's going to deny the Armenian Holocaust, and that's terrible. It's just like the Japanese and how they deny the Nanjing massacre, as well as many of the things they did in the Korean peninsula (which makes Shinzo Abe more hated than Kim Jong Un in South Korea.)
    And how Americans deny the Hiroshima Holocaust.

*thread derails*
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And how Americans deny the Hiroshima Holocaust.

*thread derails*
    Do people deny that? Or do they rationalize it?

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    By the time the Republicans are theoretically able to repeal the ACA, there won't be enough public support for them to. Well, without getting crucified in the following midterms.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy has been trying to be the Rush Limbaugh of the left. I like to listen to Rush. It's comforting to listen to a big booming voice on AM radio espousing (mostly) views that are congruent with my own.

If I want to challenge my thinking, I'm better off watching the Daily Show than this blowhard at TYT. This might be against the TOS of this forum to say this, but TYT is a troll, and nothing more. This whole video was a celebration of the troll.

Amateur.