I was wondering if anyone else has checked this out, it just appeared in my steam list and I realised I totally forgot it was a thing I was once looking forward to. I was only able to get a single game in before I had to go out but I enjoyed it a lot, it doesn't seem to be the sort of game you can run off and be a hero, you have to stay grouped and push forward as a group towards the objective. The game I played was surprisingly organized with me as support backing up the assault class's through the main hall way with 2 recon's flanking. It was a blast but I have a very big feeling every game will not be like that and could result in a terrible game with everyone running off, a la CoD (not that I dislike cod) to do their own thing but that simply won't work. Also I had some severe latency issues but that's on my side.

Anyway, game details.

WHAT IS GHOST RECON PHANTOMS?
Experience the next generation of PC multiplayer shooters with Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Phantoms. Step into the boots of an elite Ghost and deploy cutting-edge weapons and technology as you link up with your squad to dominate your enemies on tomorrow’s battlefield.
JOIN THE FIGHT

CHOOSE YOUR CLASS
Pick from three Classes: Assault, Support or Recon; each with class-specific abilities to gain the upper hand against your enemies.
DEVELOP YOUR CHARACTERS
Level up and unlock dozens of weapons, new equipment and skills to suit your play-style.
THINK TACTICALLY
Use the advanced cover system to advance through multiple maps and game modes.
ENGAGE IN FIREFIGHTS
Fight alongside your fellow Ghosts, friends and clan mates in fierce 16-player firefights with the easy-to-use fireteam and squad systems.
BECOME A CLAN MEMBER
Join or create your own clan to get in on the competitive action, where victory goes to the most coordinated team.
DOMINATE THE COMPETITION
See where you stand against your friends and foes with ladder rankings and player statistics as well as compete in international tournaments.

CLASSES
Ghost Recon Phantoms features three unique classes of soldier: Assault, Recon and Support. Each class has access to its own combination of weapons and technological devices with a strategic role to play.
ASSAULT
Suppress the enemy to allow your squad to advance or muscle your way through hardened enemy positions
RECON
Gather intelligence, use stealth to outsmart the enemy and protect your team
SUPPORT
Master electronic warfare to disrupt the enemy team, while packing serious firepower

USING COVER
In addition to protecting you from incoming rounds, cover improves your accuracy, reduces recoil, and increases your health-regeneration rate. Press [SPACE] to enter or slide into cover.
Your HUD will alert you when an object on the map can be used for protection. While in cover, you can change stances, peek around the sides or top to view the battlefield and even lean around to target an enemy on the opposite side.
CAPPING AND WINNING
Capturing control points is the true objective of any GRP match. The team that coordinates best and fights as a unit is the victor. Every map features 1-5 control points which represent the objectives of the mission. A control point is captured over time by the team with the most players within the capture zone; the more players on the point, the faster it will be captured. Accumulating points for kills won’t win games – only capturing points will.

Teamwork is the essence of GRP, but there are many different types of teamwork: From the satisfying precision of a well-coordinated strike, to the adrenaline rush of point defense. GRP features three game modes – each with unique objectives and challenges. Each map has a specific game mode and each game mode requires teamwork to succeed.

CONQUEST
Both teams attempt to capture and hold a series of five strategic points across the battlefield. The team with the most captures at the end of the match wins.

ONSLAUGHT
The attacking team attempts to take three capture points from the defenders. Defenders cannot reclaim lost ground. At the end of the round the teams swap sides and begin again.

HOLDOUT
Two teams rush a single capture point to see who can maintain control until the end of the round. Victory goes to the team who holds the point for two out of three rounds.