Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Fuck yeah! I'm glad we were able to protect this patriot from losing his cows to those Washington fat cats!

Public land means it's everyones's land, he shouldn't be forced to pay to use it. This is just another way for the politico's in Washington to bleed more of our honest earnings to ship to China so the real owners of this nation don't come and look to collect!

Did I make it convincing enough?
    Fucking mooch owes 20 years worth of grazing fees. Shit isn't his land, but he doesn't want to pay to use it. Called up a bunch of right wing extremists to back him up, who showed up armed to the teeth, looking for any reason to start shooting (government) people.
    Had they shot a government employee, you'd all be in here howling with rage when they swiftly exterminated the militia members, then sat around calling for a revolution while ignoring that Billy Bob started firing on random govt. employees cause "Muh freedom!" or some other stupid shit reason that doesn't justify randomly killing someone.

Your celebrating allowing a deadbeat mooch continue to be a deadbeat mooch through use of intimidation by militias who are, at best, latent terrorist groups waiting for a reason to mobilize against the government. Real nice cause you've hitched your wagon to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    What gets me is why do we need the government to control everything?
    The use of public land for private interests creates a market failure that requires some level of central planning to address. The man flouted the law for years and years because he felt it didn't apply to him because grandparents. Overly aggressive responses are not acceptable but he's breaking the law and the law is just here.

- - - Updated - - -

Public land means it's everyones's land, he shouldn't be forced to pay to use it.
    So what happens when everyone wants to use as much of it as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You probably should have read the whole post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunefire View Post
    Yes actually you can...but you will get arrested for obstruction of traffic and jaywalking

Wrong, less than 1% of the population of the US is in the government, this includes armed forces, police, Secret service, FBI, ect....if 2% of the population decended on Wash DC armed and asking alot of hard questions and it turned nasty, who do you think would win?
    i would side with the government in a heartbeat... so that number would grow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    Fuck yeah! I'm glad we were able to protect this patriot from losing his cows to those Washington fat cats!

Public land means it's everyones's land, he shouldn't be forced to pay to use it. This is just another way for the politico's in Washington to bleed more of our honest earnings to ship to China so the real owners of this nation don't come and look to collect!

Fucking mooch owes 20 years worth of grazing fees. Shit isn't his land, but he doesn't want to pay to use it. Called up a bunch of right wing extremists to back him up, who showed up armed to the teeth, looking for any reason to start shooting (government) people.
    Had they shot a government employee, you'd all be in here howling with rage when they swiftly exterminated the militia members, then sat around calling for a revolution while ignoring that Billy Bob started firing on random govt. employees cause "Muh freedom!" or some other stupid shit reason that doesn't justify randomly killing someone.

Your celebrating allowing a deadbeat mooch continue to be a deadbeat mooch through use of intimidation by militias who are, at best, latent terrorist groups waiting for a reason to mobilize against the government. Real nice cause you've hitched your wagon to.
    As a Vegas citizen and pretty up to date I agree wholeheartedly. I'm truly surprised the government backed down and honestly I feel it sets a bad precedent. Much like when police give up car chases... just lets the criminals know if they want to get away hit the gas... resulting in more car chases/reckless driving than if you bothered to chase every offender + runner down.

You probably should have read the whole post.
    Rest of the post is just the same old right wing hand wringing. If everyone should get to use public land without restriction what happens when everyone wants to?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The use of public land for private interests creates a market failure that requires some level of central planning to address. The man flouted the law for years and years because he felt it didn't apply to him because grandparents. Overly aggressive responses are not acceptable but he's breaking the law and the law is just here.

- - - Updated - - -

better yet, corporations are people - what happens when the big fat more powerful corps want the land for their personal gain? will he still support them?

Oh sorry notcris, misread your post pretty badly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Because threatening the lives of government employees who didn't make the decision to repo cattle from a guy who owes the government over a million dollars and is continuing to use the land that got him into that mountain of debt in the first place is the purest form of liberty.
    Just because they're soldiers that blindly follow their orders does not make them innocent. Any man or woman who helps trample on our rights is just as guilty as the people handing down the orders.

With that being said their lives were only threatened if they continued to threaten the lives of those that were peacefully protesting. They had nothing to worry about as long as they didn't harm those that were exercising an unalienable right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Let's not fool ourselves into thinking that it was the guns and not the bad publicity that caused this turn of events.

It's the height of delusion to think a handful of citizens can intimidate the federal government.
    The people of this country outnumber and outgun the federal government in every fight. If the Government tried to use the military on the people a shit ton of the military would likely defect from the military.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The military. If you think outnumbering the military two to one with shitty shotguns and AK's means you're going to win, then that's really damn insulting to the military.
    You're not very intelligent if you believe the military would just turn on the people of the United States. Look around the world where uprisings have occurred. Most of the time half or more of the military defects to the side of the civilians. And this is in countries that are way less free than the US.

- - - Updated - - -

You people should really not get involved in debates that you know nothing about. The militiamen came after the Feds started attacking peaceful protesters. They were there to ensure that it didn't happen again, and what do you know!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    i would side with the government in a heartbeat... so that number would grow
    It's funny because almost every person like you is unarmed and would stand no chance against the armed population.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Well they gave him his cows back and left so I guess you're wrong?
    What am I wrong about? It is a fact that he owes 20 years of grazing fees. Perhaps it was simply not worth the possible outcome and they would rather just put a lien on his property......or his tax refunds for the foreseeable future?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    It's funny because almost every person like you is unarmed and would stand no chance against the armed population.
    Which brings up the major problem with militias. How are you going to look like a good guy, using arms against an unarmed population? That's not how you win the will of the people... It's tyranny...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Your critical mistake in all of this is assuming that people will side with the freedumb crowd in any large number. People won't for the simple reason that the vast, vast majority of people prefer to spend their time solving real problems instead of propagating them.

And this is also why the military will not defect in large numbers. They will not turn on the people for the simple fact that these guys do not represent the people. They represent the extreme minority.

And if anyone ever had the bright idea to actually march on Washington with the intent of taking it down, I would enlist because it would be my moral, humanitarian, and patriotic duty to protect the United States from people who would run it into the ground faster than Usain Bolt could run 200m.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Which brings up the major problem with militias. How are you going to look like a good guy, using arms against an unarmed population? That's not how you win the will of the people... It's tyranny...
    You're so confused you're arguing for the wrong side. And apparently the government is still considered the good guy in this debacle.

people like me have a felon card and will take your weapon from you. true story

Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    You're so confused you're arguing for the wrong side. And apparently the government is still considered the good guy in this debacle.
    I'm just going to point out here that the feds had to stop enforcing the law because so many assholes with guns showed up there was a threat to people's lives.

This is in no way the government's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulanae View Post
    Perhaps it was simply not worth the possible outcome and they would rather just put a lien on his property......or his tax refunds for the foreseeable future?
    Why would they wait 20+ years to do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    You live in the borders of a country, pay your taxes. Its that simple people. And don't complain about your rights being violated if you're not willing to pay taxes on the land that protects your land and gives you the right to complain. Unless you can actually keep others off your land then your claims are meaningless. Thats the natural way of life since there is no natural law of the land.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    When I see certain gun rights advocates, including those on this site, talk about the benefits of taking the families of federal employees and holding them hostage to preserve their rights, it's a pretty clear indication that tyranny can exist with or without an official government body to represent it.

10+ Year Old Account
    To all the "lol infowars" posts:

First, Infowars broke this story. That's why it's being linked to. "lol conspiracy theory" has no place in this thread, it's been national media for close to a week now. Second, the Infowars links posted in this thread have been top linked on Drudge for the past 3 days. If you want to call it conspiracy, take it up with Drudge, not me. These baseless straw man attacks that "anything infowars is automatically discredited" needs to stop. As I said, this entire story was broken by Infowars.

- - - Updated - - -

updates:

Nevada Cattle Rancher Wins 'Range War' With Feds:
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/nevada-cattle-rancher-wins-range-war-federal-government/story?id=23302610

Nevada Militia To Feds: ‘Control Our Borders, Not Our Ranchers’:
    http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/04/11/nevada-militia-to-feds-control-our-borders-not-our-ranchers/

(good points there imo)

Feds Back Down From Bundy Siege After Infowars Exposé of Chinese Land Grab:

http://www.infowars.com/feds-back-down-from-bundy-siege-after-infowars-expose-of-chinese-land-grab/

As I said above, I will continue to link to Infowars while they produce high quality journalism and some of you need to give them the credit they deserve in this story.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry he is gone, but there is a difference between creating and breaking stories.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi