Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

'Bully' Serves His Punishment: Holding Sign In Public

Heard this on the morning radio today, being that I'm from Cleveland I found this extremely funny and a great punishment for bullying.

The guy was forced to stand by a sign on a street intersection saying the he's a bully who makes fun of disabled children and his diverse community.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...sign-in-public
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    I think public embarrassment was a great punishment (the stocks), won't be long before people here start defending the bully though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sucks that he hide his eyes
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I think public embarrassment was a great punishment (the stocks), won't be long before people here start defending the bully though.
    There's always a bleeding heart. I think public humiliation like this is a much better form of punishment for his kind of behavior than a restraining order. After this the guy is going to have a hard time showing his face in public.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

15+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, public humiliation actually makes people think about their action. This is why I am also an advocate of community service.

Let people see you've done something wrong and you're far less likely to repeat it.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Problem is some people really just don't care what other people think of them. For some people it's a great punishment. Not so much for others though. Also may just make people feel more bitter and resentful instead of trying to teach them how they should act, etc. Dunno. Good idea though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Problem is some people really just don't care what other people think of them. For some people it's a great punishment. Not so much for others though. Also may just make people feel more bitter and resentful instead of trying to teach them how they should act, etc. Dunno. Good idea though
    Beats locking them in a small room for several years like they do in the USA. I don't think he's suggesting public humiliation for murderers and the like but rather just general vandals and idiots. When I went to St Lucia we saw a bunch of people cleaning gravestones in the cemetery which was not hugely far from the airport, we asked the cabbie and he said that idiot kids and young adults with small misdemeanors were being made to clean them with toothbrushes for community service. Whether it works or not I don't know but I couldn't help but feel it was a good idea.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly....
    Yet, there's something very interesting to the scenario to re-introduce the pillory.
    Down at the market place, in all open, and the crowd being allowed to throw rotten food and all the good stuff.
    I would actually vote for that.
    I am just afraid how one sociopath being publicly exposed gets killed by another psychopath..

Last edited by Wildtree; 2014-04-14 at 01:58 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I won't lie, I was a bit taken back to see the article is a grown man. We, or at least I, tend to forget that the term Bully isn't just for cruel children. It's a problem that transcends generations.

On topic, as much as I'm for the punishment, that man looks nothing more than bored, just upset he got punished instead of learning from it. I hope of course I'm wrong about that and something good comes out of this in the end.

There you go, Scrapbot. Is my Signature small enough now? Will you finally shut up, you automated pretentious &##(@)!?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Possibly....
    Yet, there's something very interesting to the scenario to re-introduce the pillory.
    Down at the market place, in all open, and the crowd being allowed to throw rotten food and all the good stuff.
    I would actually vote for that.
    I am just afraid how one sociopath being publicly exposed gets killed by another psychopath..

Thems the chances you take, anti social behaviour will be at an all time low once a few dozen examples have been made. It is quicker and easier than a few months in prison, prison is not much of a deterrent anyway for petty crimes, for some doing a little time is a badge of honour.

Agreed.

One of Aviv's complaints against the Prugh family was that their laundry vent emitted the scent of Downy, which bothered him. Court records show that he later made a device that blew kerosene fumes at the Prugh's residence.
    Sounds like a really pleasant guy.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    For something like this, I agree.

Deleted
    Well, this reminds me in a very bad way of:

As a german, I can't approve this!

He called his neighbor a monkey momma... O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctim View Post

http://www.hans-dieter-arntz.de/bilder/ich_bin01.jpg

Nah you can. I'm British, one of my purposes in life is to laugh at the French and remind the Germans of the war and I'll let this one slide. This guy was a dick, those people were just Jewish and there's a bit of a difference. I'm sure there are Jewish dicks too but I assume they'll be punished equally.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    This sort of punishment just leaves a bad taste in my mouth ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    "The judge destroyed me," Aviv told the newspaper. "This isn't fair at all."
    I'm sorry, what?

Some people go out kicking, but this is a whole new level.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctim View Post

http://www.hans-dieter-arntz.de/bilder/ich_bin01.jpg

Yeah well, this is a different kind of pillory method..
    But I see your concern, and as German myself reading those signs is chilling.... Slander might be a big issue..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I'm British, one of my purposes in life is to laugh at the French and remind the Germans of the war
    That's okay... As German I love to remind the English on their performances of their national football team..
    If it's all in good fun, I think it's perfectly fine... If it's in all seriousness, then it's an issue.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    I honestly do not know how to feel about authorities using bullying to punish for bullying. On one hand, he fucking deserved that. On the other, that's uncomfortably ironic.

Deleted
    Also, bear in mind that sentences that involve just plain punishment, rather than educational punishments or whatever, are kind of... Like, in the case of a miscarriage of justice, you've tarnished somebody's reputation forever and it's really difficult to get that back. I agree that putting someone in jail is also taking their time away from them and that's more precious than their reputation but then I don't think that throwing everyone in jail is right either. I dunno, criminal justice and rehabilitation is really difficult. I just think you have to be careful with doing things that only revolve around punishing someone.