Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I don't think I'd call someone a coward for dropping support for a person who turns out not to be who you thought.
    Well, as was pointed out to me in another forum, even terrible people deserve protection from abuse. The fact that they're backing out shows that this wasn't abuse in the first place.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Better family values, do you disagree?
    How the hell are the values of someone else's family your business?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

15+ Year Old Account
    Better family values, do you disagree?
    Completely.

There are lots of middle class black families with good family values. The fact that some ghettos exist isn't proof that they were better off as slaves. Colonial America wasn't 300 plantation owners and their 300,000 good Christian God fearing obedient slaves. Slave life was often wrought with violence, famine, and anything but good family values.

To say that there was better family values back then is, at best, revisionist history.

Heck, the great majority of white people lived in ghettos and shanties. Colonial life wasn't the romanticized movie version of history that many backwards thinkers like to believe it is.

Bundy went to Nevada and saw a bunch of black guys sitting on a street corner and immediately made a plethora of negative assumptions about them. That's pretty much racial profiling and racism.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2014-04-25 at 09:46 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Completely.

There are lots of middle class black families with good family values. The fact that some ghettos exist isn't proof that they were better off as slaves. Colonial America wasn't 300 plantation owners and their 300,000 good Christian God fearing obedient slaves. Slave life was often wrought with violence, famine, and anything but good family values.

To say that there was better family values back then is, at best, revisionist history.
    Don't forget rape, and the enslavement of the subsequent children, sometimes by their own parent.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I don't think he was referring to this part of being a slave just the family values they had when they were slaves as opposed to the family values they have now being slaves to welfare.
    What the literal fuck. They were bred and sold like animals, your imaginary story doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    What the literal fuck. They were bred and sold like animals, your imaginary story doesn't work.
    No no, it was all good back then. Everyone hung out, the master had a nice hat, the black women wore aprons, the black men sang happy songs as they worked. At the end of the day, everyone got together and drank tea.

It was good times.

(/obvious sarcasm)

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I think you are missing the point but carry on.

I think you are missing the point but carry on.
    The only point you are trying to make is that slavery wasn't a barbarous act. This is absolutely abhorrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post

Bundy went to Nevada and saw a bunch of black guys sitting on a street corner and immediately made a plethora of negative assumptions about them. That's pretty much racial profiling and racism.
    He went to Las Vegas and talked about what he saw and his opinion on it. You can disagree and call him names, you might have to do it from a first amendment zone though.

He went to Las Vegas and talked about what he saw and his opinion on it. You can disagree and call him names, you might have to do it from a first amendment zone though.
    Seriously? So saying that blacks were better as slaves isn't racism? Are you FUCKING kidding me?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Seriously? So saying that blacks were better as slaves isn't racism? Are you FUCKING kidding me?
    Sharing a world view that government and liberals are evil makes it easier to overlook! That's all.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

It's a double edged sword. If you don't agree with him you look for any reason to make him racist.
    There's hardly a need to look for a reason when all Hannity's horses and all Hannity's men can't get Bundy to stop talking about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Fuck, I can't even...

lockedout, dude, go find a mirror and stare at it until you feel like punching your reflection. Thanks.
    You may find the phrase 'fractal wrongness' helpful in trying to describe lockedout, or Bundy's other supporters. (Assuming Bundy has any left. Sadly, he probably does.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    i thought it was because he was white, and whites cant talk about slavery w/o being racist....

OR it could be a reflection of his past. What he said was crass and im sure it really offended you, but did it offend you to the point where you cant even discuss what he said, ALL of it, because racism? Seems like putting your head in the sand to me.
    it isn't that what he said offends me. when claiming to stand for liberty and fighting tyranny one should never discuss how things would be better if a person could own another person. the idea is so resoundingly absurd that it merits no other thought than condemnation.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    it isn't that what he said offends me. when claiming to stand for liberty and fighting tyranny one should never discuss how things would be better if a person could own another person. the idea is so resoundingly absurd that it merits no other thought than condemnation.
    I think its worthy of discussion, but i do not believe this forum to be unbiased or viable for such discussion, as many have concluded that Whites cannot participate in such a discussion because SKIN COLOR.
    Last edited by Saucexorzski; 2014-04-26 at 01:26 AM. Reason: i has bad typing

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Is that supposed to be "participate"? Because I'm not familiar with "peripatetic," but it doesn't seem to work at all.
    ahh yes sorry, my bad. fixed

I think its worthy of discussion, but i do not believe this forum to be unbiased or viable for such discussion, as many have concluded that Whites cannot peripatetic in such a discussion because SKIN COLOR.
    you do not understand, there is no issue with skin color at all. if you are black, white, yellow, red, orange, or green it does not matter. owning another person is the antithesis of liberty and enforcing slavery is tyranny. there is no discussion to be had on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    you do not understand, there is no issue with skin color at all. if you are black, white, yellow, red, orange, or green it does not matter. owning another person is the antithesis of liberty and enforcing slavery is tyranny. there is no discussion to be had on the matter.
    I think i get where you are coming from and i will agree, i am not in favor of bringing back slavery. However, looking at the past and present and making a comparison in the values a people held is not racist to me. We do this all the time with all the races in our wonderfully diverse society, so i refuse to believe that slavery is a taboo subject. It should not be a topic that makes one a racist to talk about.

The welfare state has done to black Americans what slavery couldn't do, what Jim Crow couldn't do, what the harshest racism couldn't do. And that is to destroy the black family.” - Walter E. Williams.

"The black family, which had survived centuries of slavery and discrimination, began rapidly disintegrating in the liberal welfare state that subsidized unwed pregnancy and changed welfare from an emergency rescue to a way of life.” - Thomas Sowell.

Two black conservative economists.

Last edited by Nostop it; 2014-04-26 at 01:56 AM.

I think i get where you are coming from and i will agree, i am not in favor of bringing back slavery. However, looking at the past and present and making a comparison in the values a people held is not racist to me. We do this all the time with all the races in our wonderfully diverse society, so i refuse to believe that slavery is a taboo subject. It should not be a topic that makes one a racist to talk about.
    fruit from a poisoned tree.

let's look at something that is more relate-able, for instance being in jail for life. Certainly there are merits to always having some where to sleep, have food everyday, a structured life, and plenty of free-time to pursue both educational as well as physical fitness goals. There are plenty of positives about being locked up for life especially if you consider how out of shape, over-worked, and stressed people are outside of jail.