10+ Year Old Account

Paid for game: Cannot download client, cannot log into forums

This is a fairly frustrating introduction to Guild Wars for me. I've paid for the game and registered my account, but cannot figure out how to download the client. When I click the download client page, the link says "NOT AVAILABLE". I thought I'd check the forums for answers -- before I can even attempt to login, it says "Login Error: You do not have access to Guild Wars 2." and my only thought is "Yeah, tell me about it."

Anyone that can offer me some sort of help? The Support system is useless and Google searches on the subject turn up results from 2012 and nothing newer.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get the client here:
    https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/...-Wars-2-Client

If you're still having probs you can submit a ticket here (upper right):
    https://help.guildwars2.com/home

They actually have very good support with a fast turnaround.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Get the client here:
    https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/...-Wars-2-Client

If you're still having probs you can submit a ticket here (upper right):
    https://help.guildwars2.com/home

They actually have very good support with a fast turnaround.
    Thanks for your assistance. I've submitted a ticket. They seem to be having some kind of issue with their website or account creation. I was made to join my account together with my old GW1 account. I did so. When I log in, under display name, it shows my registration key. There's no way to change this. When I attempt to log on via launcher, it says I do not have a GW2 account and to add my registration key to it, but there is nowhere to do so.

Just waiting on the ticket now. Really messy process.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Deleted
    Hm I'm guessing something went wrong indeed. When you normally log in on the website, there's a tab somewhere to link your GW1 account after creating your GW2 accound. I have a feeling that the GW2 site 'thinks' this is your GW1 account or something. Not sure exactly, because I haven't heard/seen anyone having this before and some of my friends used their GW1 email etc as well.
    If you used the same info that is. Otherwise I have no clue and they might have a problem on their pages like you said. Hope they will fix it for you very soon =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats unfortunate. You could try logging into GW1 with your new account information just to see if a new account was actually created.

Good luck with your support ticket.

Also, you said that you logged in with your display name - I didn't know that was possible. I've always logged in with my account email address.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's what I've received from support so far:

Arena.net:
    Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars Support Team.

We understand your concern. However, your this e-mail "insert e-mail address" is already linked with Guild Wars 1 game account, so that's why you are getting used e-mail message. Also, if you want to register your Guild Wars 2 serial code with this e-mail address then you should have access on your Guild Wars 1 game account.
    Me:
    I bought the game and tied my old GW account to this new one. However, instead under "Display Name", it shows my registration code. The download client link says "NOT AVAILABLE". I found the cloudsource download, but I still cannot log in. Says tie my GW2 registration code to a GW2 account, but there's nowhere to do so. I only attempted to join the accounts because I was prompted. I would rather them be separate, but I may be out of e-mail addresses. Can you just link my GW1 and GW2 accounts under (e-mail address)? Isn't that the whole point of linking the accounts?
    Arena.net:
    Hello Chris,

The issue you're reporting will require a bit of additional investigation.

I am escalating your ticket for further assistance. A member of the team will be in contact with you as soon as the issue has been fully reviewed.
    That was 16 hours ago. I've nudged a couple times, bur nothing since. Maybe their support team doesn't work on the weekends. I've been looking forward to playing GW2 for a long time but waited until I bought a new PC to really get the full experience. This is really disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    pacox is making a point here - your screenname gets mysteriously converted to your e-mail adress, which means you need to log in with your e-mail adress.
    No idea if this might help you.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    pacox is making a point here - your screenname gets mysteriously converted to your e-mail adress, which means you need to log in with your e-mail adress.
    No idea if this might help you.
    I am logging in with my e-mail address. What I meant to say above is that when I log into my account on the website, it displays my registration code where my display name should go:

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, ok, that seems bad - hope they can help you really soon, sadly not many tips we can give you at this point :/
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe try clearing your cookies and using a different browser?
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Oh, ok, that seems bad - hope they can help you really soon, sadly not many tips we can give you at this point :/
    Hey, no problem and I really do appreciate the help you guys have given! Thank you very much.

Deleted
    They do work weekends, or at least somebody there does.
    When I closed my account on a Friday, I got 2-3 replies over the weekend.
    Having said that, they can be slow at times as my ticket didn`t get resolved for just over a week.

Curious, can you still log into your Guild Wars? If not, shows they`ve messed up something somewhere for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    They do work weekends, or at least somebody there does.
    When I closed my account on a Friday, I got 2-3 replies over the weekend.
    Having said that, they can be slow at times as my ticket didn`t get resolved for just over a week.

Curious, can you still log into your Guild Wars? If not, shows they`ve messed up something somewhere for sure.
    It's really strange. I can log in at guildwars2.com normally. Clicking on Upgrade or Link Accounts shows the proper confirmation text:

Congratulations! You have successfully linked your Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 accounts. In doing so, you now have access to the exciting rewards awaiting you inside the Hall of Monuments. The following Guild Wars 2 account information will now be used to log in to both Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2:
    but when I log in on the launcher, it says

"You are attempting to login to an account that does not have Guild Wars 2 registered to it. Please register a Guild Wars 2 serial code to it. For more help, go to support.guildwars2.com
    Unfortunately, that link is just a generic text field and searches turn up nothing. Additionally, there's nowhere to attach such a code to my GW2 account, especially since the website seems to already think the account is attached.

I've sent three message since last night at 8:30pm and I've heard nothing. I posted the issue at both Arena.net and GW2 facebook page and both were quickly removed with no response. Just going to forget about it for now until I hear from them again. Nothing really I can do at this point.

I've had an absolute ton of account issues with Guild Wars 2, and while I haven't had this particular one, my best advice is just to keep being persistent (in a mature way, obviously). Their support isn't that great and takes quite awhile to get stuff done but eventually you will get there.

Deleted
    Seems others having bother too: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post3876987

At least they said ticket is being pushed along, could try this though.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/...he-Game-Client

It`s a lot of wasted internet usage, but perhaps worth a shot /shrug

Either that or uninstall & fresh install.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    Seems others having bother too: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post3876987

At least they said ticket is being pushed along, could try this though.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/...he-Game-Client

It`s a lot of wasted internet usage, but perhaps worth a shot /shrug

Either that or uninstall & fresh install.
    After reading that thread, I guess they're obviously having some issues on their end. Just bad timing for those of us singing up this weekend. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

30 hours between contacts and rather than answering any of my questions, they send a form letter asking me for the following info for my GUILD WARS 1 account:

• What is the physical address you entered when you created the account?
    • What are the 25-digit access keys associated with your Guild Wars game account? (Please include access keys from all campaigns that you own.)
    • What are the names of any characters on the account?
    • The date the account was created within 72 hours

I bought GW1 about 7 years ago. I last played it probably 5 years ago. How on EARTH would I know any of these questions? I've asked for a refund, I've asked for them to unlink the accounts, I've asked for them to just switch the e-mail on my account to a different one, but they don't answer any of my questions and rather send canned responses. These guys suck and I'm really sorry I wasted money on this game.

Deleted
    Maybe the reason they would like to know is to make sure it was really your GW1 account. When you link the accounts, some details on your GW1 account changes as well.
    " Linking your GW2 account with your GW1 account will give both the same Account Name (email address associated with game account)."
    I'm guessing something went wrong and they would like to validate this?

Here you have more information: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/...n-Guild-Wars-2

"If you receive a message stating that “A server error has been encountered…,” please make sure that you entered the correct account name and password for the original Guild Wars account. If the message persists, you will need to contact support directly with the following information:

Your 25-digit Guild Wars 2 serial code
    Your original Guild Wars account name

It’s possible that you may be asked to verify additional account information before your issue can be resolved. This is to ensure the security of each player’s account."

Maybe this clarifies things up. I'm guessing this is why they are asking your account information of GW1.
    If you can give them as much information as you can, maybe it's good enough if you don't have things like the key anymore. Maybe you can find a very very old email back with the date when you joined.

I'm sorry you're having this issue, and I hope it is solved soon.

Deleted
    If you log into your NCSoft master account, you should be able to see some of the things they`re asking for.
    I know account trial & full account date are on there, as is your address.
    Your keys are too, but only the last four numbers from what I recall.

Also check your email if you bought it direct/online etc.
    You may still have the original receipt emails with the keys still.

On the slim chance you`re still using the same pc you had way back then or still have it, you may have screen shots in game that`ll show your character name or another long shot, HoM calculater may pop up your name if you`ve never cleared cookies/changed browser, but those two are really long shots.
    Last edited by mmoca2c81d9292; 2014-04-13 at 07:37 PM.

Was this ever resolved? I just bought gw2 a little over a day ago and am having the EXACT same issue... I can log into my gw1 game. I can log into the gw2 web page (and my product id code us being shown as my name). I cannot log into the gw2 client. I tried all combinations of user names and passwords on the gw2 client, and the only one that gets a different response is when I use my gw1 log in and password on the gw2 client it tells me "you are attempting to log in with an account that does not have gw2 registered to it....", but when I go to the gw2 web site and log in is says "you have successfully linked you accounts...." (and a picture of a little frog like dude with a party hat and a beer) //one major difference in your experience and mine is that NO ONE HAS REPLIED TO MY SERVICE TICKET....

Deleted
    When did you send in a service ticket? I kind of doubt they never replied, because you could be the first of a million tickets. Also you can always enter a new one if you feel this is neccesary? Why haven't you done that? Have you tried using your old passworld and old login? It seems to take over the account information you used in GW1, like I posted earlier.