Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I absolutely fail to see what's fun about garrison... its just like the mop farm: you do it cause it grants gold/mats not because you want to (its not fun)

I'm sorry but managing minion is not fun specially not in this manner. Every game that had minion managing is a fire and forget till you get loots and is boring. If I wanted to manage stuff I'd play sim city or the likes. And its not like pet battles; pet battles are crappy but not mandatory. Garrison will be mandatory because the whole expansion is about it.

I really don't care about Garrisons.
    I get that they're a bigger thing than I may be thinking they are; but the concept of them just seems very boring; and they're sinking in so much dev time into them.
    :|

Quote Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
    Got my beta key at PAX! There were a number of booths that rewarded people for waiting in line after playing their games with beta keys, swag and other cool stuff. Personally the beta key takes the top spot since I didn't expect it all after waiting for an hour or so to play Warlords of Draenor.
    Am I allowed to say that I'm jealous without being flamed?

Seriously, I do have to wonder about some of the decisions of Blizzard. I purchased two BlizzCon tickets, as well as the additional Forum Passes, to send my grandson and his best friend there for the chance of having lifelong memories, while I purchased the BlizzCon Online Pass for myself (no chance of spilled popcorn! lol). I couldn't make it to PAX, due to time constraints (having a real-world life can be a nuisance at times), and I see that the PAX-goers are receiving Warlords of Draenor Beta Passes, where the people who payed the silly amounts of money to attend BlizzCon and ALL of the forums, as well as purchasing the Online Passes to watch from the comfort of home, receive not one thought from Blizzard, regarding the possibility of thanking all of those faithful Blizzard fans with a Beta Pass.

Oh, well, I suppose this was to be expected. I'll be hoping that I might receive an invitation to Beta Test WoD via my opt-in request on my Account Page.

Good luck to everyone in receiving a Beta invitation, and congratulations and HAVE FUN to those people at PAX who are going to be testing out the new content!

"Never underestimate the depth of stupidity." Robert Heinlein

I like the concept of garrisons, but my problem is that I don't play an orc and don't want to have to look at primitive orcish buildings all the time when I'm in my base spending time upgrading stuff. It's not going to feel appropriate or thematic to my character, but I just know Blizzard's too lazy to implement racial building appearances. (Or if they did, people would complain that it's not needed or too much time has been wasted. >.> )

So I'm less enthused about it than I would be otherwise, because it's just going to be a bunch of crappy orc huts. :\
    It would be so much more engaging and unique if it were based off of race... a Forsaken's garrison looking like Brill / Tarren Mill, Crossroads-style painted-leather teepees and such for Tauren, white Belf towers, etc. So much flavor could be had. But we all know that's not happening. </3

Yeah don't bother rewarding the loyal suckers willing to pay $210 for no content. Give them to random people at a convention so they can run to ebay and sell them for a few hundred bucks to your loyal suckers.

So I got to PAX at around 8:10 am. The floor didn't open until 10 am. I was in the second queue line to get in (out of 8 or so). The first place I went was to the Blizzard line and the line for WoD was already 2 hours long. Said "Fuck it" and peaced out. Closed beta access wasn't worth standing in line for 2 hours when there was a slew of other shit to do. Especially when I've become even less impressed with what I've seen of the garrison feature. I went and checked out a lot of the indie games instead.

Wow, buried right near the bottom - Hearthstone adventure mode! Anyone else super excited about this?

a single string denoting a otherlooked piece of material.

Bovlar FORDRING IS COMMING BACK YEAAAAHAAAAWWW BABY...

Wanna know how the buildingresource for garrisons is handled
    And if there is only one constructions Side on whole of Draenor or if u can choose different arreas (Shadowmoon Vale / FrostFire / Nagrand / etc.)

Deleted
    Are the beta codes only available for us.battle.net accounts?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Wow, buried right near the bottom - Hearthstone adventure mode! Anyone else super excited about this?
    For about 10 seconds, until I read how it is unlocked. Then I forgot about it, and about Hearthstone again.

You know...if you could use those followers in combat outside of instances...they might have sold me on this expansion. If that changes I may actually come back.

So the people lucky enough to have the time and money to go to the pax (majority being US americans as its even harder for anyone else) get a 100% beta invite.
    I fully understand that people are pissed about this. I was waiting for nearly 3 years to be invited into a certain a beta but never got into the CB and as salt in the wound the "open" beta was fileplanet subscribers only.

As someone who was at PAX East, I can tell you that the line was a bit brutal all weekend.

I went through the line with a friend of mine on Sunday morning, and it took approximately 2 and a half hours. Thankfully we had already been through the gamut of PAX on Friday and Saturday, but it was still a killer to stand waiting on concrete for that long. My feet still hate me.