10+ Year Old Account

does everyone have this problem?

that whenever you unsummon or resummon a companion it causes a hiccup or stutter to the screen? i thought it was only my pc, which is hilariously low end, but then i started noticing streamers on twitch with much better pc specs than mine having the same issue.

so i ask them and they sometimes say that it doesn't bother them or they don't notice, which i don't see how because it is pretty jarring. especially while out in the world mounting and dismounting for combat. personally my way around it is to never summon my companion unless i absolutely have to, but that's no fun.

the only reason i'm asking because i'm planning on building a new PC pretty soon for newer games like watchdog, everquest next and landmark, star citizen but i'd also like to play this game among others in the mean time.

is there a certain performance level where the issue is a complete non factor? does it only effect certain systems and if so, which ones are in the clear?

thanks for reading and i'll appreciate your response even if there is nothing that can be done.

It's happened on all the Computers i've played this game on. My latest is able to run any games I own on Ultra.

I think it is just due to the UI change, as since anytime the UI changes there is always that fractional of a second shudder (Companion Summon/Reloading UI/Opening lots of Menu screen when just loading into Fleet).

It doesn't bother me at all, since you can't summon Companions in combat and I find no real reason to get upset about a 25ms studder.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

After playing for two years i FINALLY noticed this. Still it does not bother me, the skip is so fast taht i barely notice it. I didn't see it until you mentioned it in this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    After playing for two years i FINALLY noticed this. Still it does not bother me, the skip is so fast taht i barely notice it. I didn't see it until you mentioned it in this thread
    then please forgive me...

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    It doesn't bother me at all, since you can't summon Companions in combat and I find no real reason to get upset about a 25ms studder.
    when you are mounting up and entering combat frequently it can really take the fun right out of it.

I've had the same issue, and it continues to persist to some degree. However, disabling the shadows entirely stopped the brief stutter in the frame rate right before jumping into combat. Mounting on the speed bike or summoning my companion though will still cause that brief skip. It's either the game engine or something silly Bioware did to unintentionally cause it.
    Last edited by Libram; 2014-04-13 at 03:46 AM.

Deleted
    never seen it o.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aT1C View Post
    never seen it o.0
    can you post specs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    can you post specs?
    yeah sure:

Operating System
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4gHZ
    RAM
    12,0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1300mhz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-790FXTA-UD5 (Socket M2)
    Graphics
    BenQ G2420HD (1920x1080@60Hz)
    AMD Radeon HD 6950 Series (XFX Pine Group)
    Hard Drives
    112GB INTEL SSDSC2MH120A2 ATA Device (SSD)
    932GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZRX-00L4HB0 ATA Device (SATA)
    466GB Seagate ST3500418AS ATA Device (SATA)
    1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EARX-00PASB0 ATA Device (SATA)
    Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223L ATA Device

- - - Updated - - -

Okej i notes it now after testing it, god dammit man WHY

The reason is simply because of the programming. Take a look at the PlayStation 3 / 4, whenever you earn an Achievement the game will freeze, or stutter, even for a second. The reason is because the amount of calculations being done, the processing is still quite intensive, even with Parallel Programming.

The same is likely to be happening here. Despite the use of Parallel Programming, it still has to do quite a lot of work to get it done. This is why World of Warcraft was so successful at the launch, it was so smooth and well optimised it just baffled everyone.

I wouldn't worry about it - Almost every computer will suffer from this issue, it's not a big deal and nothing for you to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by aT1C View Post
    Okej i notes it now after testing it, god dammit man WHY
    dude I was saying the same thing lol. Never noticed til this thread. Its coolies though doesnt bother me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    The reason is simply because of the programming. Take a look at the PlayStation 3 / 4, whenever you earn an Achievement the game will freeze, or stutter, even for a second. The reason is because the amount of calculations being done, the processing is still quite intensive, even with Parallel Programming.

The same is likely to be happening here. Despite the use of Parallel Programming, it still has to do quite a lot of work to get it done. This is why World of Warcraft was so successful at the launch, it was so smooth and well optimised it just baffled everyone.

I wouldn't worry about it - Almost every computer will suffer from this issue, it's not a big deal and nothing for you to worry about.
    I never notice this lag in my PS3 and I plat multiple games all the time..

Ima rage if I notice it after reading this thread :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never noticed it. It might have been occurring but been so insignificant it just never registered to me though.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    It's happened on all the Computers i've played this game on. My latest is able to run any games I own on Ultra.

I think it is just due to the UI change, as since anytime the UI changes there is always that fractional of a second shudder (Companion Summon/Reloading UI/Opening lots of Menu screen when just loading into Fleet).

Totally agree with this. Never noticed it before your comment, and it just doesn't bother me at all. Also, it's just my character and my companion that... blip. The rest of the screen doesn't change at all. Every graphic option is at the highest setting and I'm running a 2500K processor, a 680 EVGA graphics card, and the game is saved on an OCZ 960 GB PCI-E SSD.