Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To kill time & nostalgia.

Hmm... well, my primary draw to Warcraft, when I first started out, was exploring the world with my friends. We got into a lot of trouble, going into zones way over our heads.

Nowadays, I still level and mess around on alts, and I enjoy the story and lore, but mostly it's raiding with friends- my guild and I are pretty close, so playing together as a team is a lot of fun, and it's what keeps me playing WoW over any other game.

Deleted
    I play mostly for social reasons. I just like being in a big world with lots of other players and being able to do stuff together such as raid, sit and chat on voice communication and so on. It's a nice way to waste time too just by levelling an alt or doing some old raids. I like the challenge elements of raiding, soloing and so on too. If I wasn't playing alongside my current friends I would of quit a while ago.

Deleted
    I care about the story and there aren't any other games that I enjoy

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I played it was because it was fun and I enjoyed it I don't see any other reason why else would you play a game o.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Im trying to fill the void in my existence with a shed of happiness...

....., nah im just bored and there arent many new games coming out lately.

I only play or even log in now because there are 9 other people I respect who need me to tank. I no longer get any joy or have any fun playing WoW. Instead I have my fun talking to these same people while we raid. Sure maybe that is kind of sad but so is this game right now. I miss so much of what this game once was. I even miss old characters I stopped playing because they just felt ruined.

Be nice if I played to have fun. I mean I only even play Diablo 3 to pass time till a WoW raid starts and that is often boring as hell. Otherwise for gaming FUN it is off to the XBox 360 and me missing out on a raids start time because of how much fun I am having and how time is flying by.

So that's why I play. I play for 9 other people who need me and when they need me. No more! I just feel bad that I can't bring myself to buy WoD and I can't even continue to force myself to play once Summer hits. My sub will get cancelled and that will be it.

There is no better alternative MMO. I thought Neverwinter may have been, but alas, it fell short, and DDO is just too old now.

If a REALLY GOOD DnD based MMO came out, I would never play WoW again.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkDath View Post
    There is no better alternative MMO. I thought Neverwinter may have been, but alas, it fell short, and DDO is just too old now.

If a REALLY GOOD DnD based MMO came out, I would never play WoW again.

Not DnD and it is cartoonish but I am really hoping Wildstar turns out good. Just like any other MMO I expect a rough start but it could end up offering much of what WoW has given up on. I mean it has potential. Potential, when I say that word the last thing I think about is WoD. The entire game is going Burning Crusade 2.0++

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmorlack View Post
    What attracts you this game? Is it the crazy battles? Leveling all your players to 90? Or is it to relax after a stressful day of work?
    I don't anymore but when I did it was because it was fun now when I log in I am bored after 20 minutes which is why I no longer play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because there is nothing better to play on my spare time.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Because there is nothing better to play on my spare time.
    That seems to be a good chunk of the player base. Just looking for the next best thing. Blizzard is trying to make WoW it's own better thing with the overhaul in WoD. I am not falling for it. Garrisons or farmville 2.0 isn't a selling point for WoD and right now I am not sure anything is. After almost 10 years of playing WoW it isn't like the questing experience is going to be something new. Kill so many of this. Collect so many of that. Sure all games are similar in that regard. I just think WoW has done a far better job making it boring.

Don't play WoW currently, but the sense of being immersed in another world always felt good : ()

Helps with my depression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    I play for Challenge and for the Story, thus I'm a Story-driven Hardcore. I love Challenge in General and like to Compete with others. I do Arena and Hardcore Raiding in WoW. And of course, due to being into Heroic/Mythic Raiding, I might as well just love the Social Aspect too.
    What Challenge? What social aspect? Are you sure you are talking about current wow ?

The story n things

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sheepra View Post
    What Challenge? What social aspect? Are you sure you are talking about current wow ?
    Not everyone is in guilds they don't care about and Que LFR for their "endgame"

My girlfriend makes me. I know, weird

escapism. ...

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The story, lore and the familiar setting and Fantasy genre characteristics. It's also a quality game that I always find something to do.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

I ask myself why everyday. I don't know anymore. It's not the game it used to be for sure. Just a habit now to log in from time to time.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.