View Poll Results: Should anti-cyber-bullying laws exist and be implemented?

Voters
201. This poll is closed
  • (North American) Yes

37 18.41%
  • (North American) No

64 31.84%
  • (European) Yes

33 16.42%
  • (European) No

40 19.90%
  • (Other) Yes

5 2.49%
  • (Other) No

17 8.46%
  • OTHER.

2 1.00%
  • I don't know.

3 1.49%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    In online games and forums, there are ways to put the bullies on a ignore list. And if any of their friends or your own friends , express their support for the bullies, put them on ignore also. Very simple solution. I see no need for any anti-cyber bullying laws. Those who continue to take that crap are not using the tools they have to avoid it.
    Must create more accounts! And other cute methods that circumvent it all.

It's important to keep in mind that the target audience for the laws is a bunch of only partially-emotionally formed, ignorant teen agers. They haven't "grown a pair" yet, and they haven't seen how people SHOULD deal with the situations that bullies are putting them in.

I'm for equality of laws, in person laws should apply to the internet when it comes to harassment.

I voted yes, but not to the point that people can't post anything contrary to what the other person believes. As soon as someone posts something they could claim it's offensive and felt like they were targeting you for bullying, and it could get WAY out of hand.

But when you have people telling you that you should die and kill yourself because nobody will ever love you? Yeah, that should be punishable.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Toughen up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post

Slightly confused here...... that's more or less what I was saying but sounds like you are correcting me... .to say the same thing I think though that you have nailed it with the taking the "cyber" off it - it doesn't matter if its online or offline - bullying is bullying (but it has to involve more than just being mean to someone a couple of times - it has to be persistent).
    I may well have misunderstood. It seemed as though you made light of it rather than oppose it. My mistake.

having laws for this would just be stupid. OK someone is being mean to me on Twitter or Facebook. Well OK how about either block them or heres another wonderful idea...DONT USE SOCIAL MEDIA! How is this even a discussion? Seriously if someone is being mean on the internet just ignore them. This isnt like a bully at school that you have to walk by in the hallway everyday. If you want to ignore someone on the internet its very very simple.

Also if your life is so fucking pathetic that you cant go a single day without logging into facebook or twitter, or whatever and you actually care what people say about you in the internet then you are a failure.

Deleted
    No, but a block/mute feature would be nice to have everywhere.
    Also I don't think it counts as cyber-bullying if it moves into real life, if that happens, there should be laws against it.