Checking browser before accessing MMO-Champion (?)

Hello. When I try to access my latest posts panel in MMO-C I always get this message

What is this? It happens lately only...Should I worry about it? Is there a chance to be a malware?
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Hello. When I try to access my latest posts panel in MMO-C I always get this message

What is this? It happens lately only...Should I worry about it? Is there a chance to be a malware?
    Looks like a Denial of Service check coming from mmo-champ. I wouldn't be too worried about it. They are probably taking extra precautions with things like heart-bleed going around. I do know CloudFlare is a server based application, and is not harmful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everytime I search myself to find threads I've posted in, that damn thing comes up.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by GhostShaman View Post
    Looks like a Denial of Service check coming from mmo-champ. I wouldn't be too worried about it. They are probably taking extra precautions with things like heart-bleed going around. I do know CloudFlare is a server based application, and is not harmful.
    ^^ Thanks. Nice to know is not harmfull

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Everytime I search myself to find threads I've posted in, that damn thing comes up.
    yeap is pretty annoying after a while...but at least it is not harmful as said above.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Isn't it kinda written right there in the last string?
    DDoS protection.
    After the recent downtime, and maybe Heartbleed, it only makes sense. Personally I don't mind 5 sec waiting if it helps MMO-Champion.

there was some infor posted here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-by-Cloudfare

they said not to worry about it - its annoying but not problematic or malicious.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

15+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen that....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    This site was under a DDoS attack not too long ago, its probably them just being more cautious with traffic for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Isn't it kinda written right there in the last string?
    DDoS protection.
    After the recent downtime, and maybe Heartbleed, it only makes sense. Personally I don't mind 5 sec waiting if it helps MMO-Champion.
    Yes, because malware and virus would say "Virus H1 I am gonna @#$ your pc now, stay tuned"

Yes, because malware and virus would say "Virus H1 I am gonna @#$ your pc now, stay tuned"
    But they would have a loading site at all? If they would need something like that they would make it look like an error popup or security confirmation that people would click without thinking. Everything else can be hidden in the background or with a distraction.

Cloud flare's a Content Distribution Network MMO champion hosts their website on.

What this means is there will be exact copies of the entire site on multiple CDN servers around the world.

Whats happening here (and why you are seeing the message) is the CDN node your connecting to has a bit too much traffic to/from it to serve your request. So it's sending you to a different node on Cloudflare's network that isn't as overloaded.

It's a protection against denial of service attacks since if one node is maxed out due to the DDoS a user can just go to another node on the CDN network to get to the site.

- - - Updated - - -

Denial of service attacks work as they send too many network requests to a server overloading it.

Cloudflare is DDoS protection so it doesn't matter if one node is getting too many service requests it just sends you to another node on the network.

The message your seeing isn't the DDoS attack it's just telling you the node your connecting is overloaded so it's going to a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yeah, I get that too. Only happens to me in new browser sessions though. I'm using Firefox with privacy settings jacked up, so I figured that had something to do with it.

Deleted
    MMO-Champion was down for several hours not too long ago, and there was just a CloudFlare page popping up, saying you can't reach the MMOC server. I guess either they did a very clumsy upgrade, shutting down their site for hours, or they got DDoS'd and put up some extra protection so it doesn't happen again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post

Whats happening here (and why you are seeing the message) is the CDN node your connecting to has a bit too much traffic to/from it to serve your request. So it's sending you to a different node on Cloudflare's network that isn't as overloaded..
    Make sense, MMO champ the past days now and then need 10-12secs just execute a 'press post' command, cd .., F5.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, in my day they used to

I once had a virus on my computer that would seize complete control of your screen, ask you a series of trivia questions - if you got them right it would do nothing - if you got them wrong it would ruin your windows 95 install. This was before having multiple internet devices in your home (dial-up days), and before wikipedia anyways, and you had 60 seconds per question: so not much time to whip out your Encyclopaedia Britannica either.

I got the first question right and hoped it would end there, but when it asked a second question I screamed for my mom and sister to come quick (all three of us being trivia nerds of various categories) and it turned into a fairly fun game. We must have gotten 20 questions in before it asked us one about an 18th century Estonian authors work, at which point we all knew we had lost.

'18th century Estonian author' remains an occasional inside joke nearly 20 years later Which on the whole, may have been worth having to reformat and losing all our data (though I'm sure it was less fun at the time).
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2014-04-14 at 04:49 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

because of the Heartbleed virus, they're checking browsers to make sure they're safe, I guess. I was getting it last week.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

just wondering if this was being turned off in the near future. It was tolerable the first week or 2, but having to wait 5 seconds for a page to load as often as we are getting it is incredibly annoying. Im not quite to the point of punching my monitor when it happens, but its close.

or is this a permanent feature we will have to deal with forever.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking