Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilalia View Post
    Not sure if it is considered lore or not but Thassarian was in the molten front as a quest giver. So he might be ok (for a death knight.)
    I never did get far in the Molten Front thing, so I appreciate you telling me this. If he's there, then maybe Koltira's alright? I did Ally Andorhal for the first time yesterday and Thassarian said he was going to UC to more or less save Koltira (or at least find out what the hell Sylvanas did to him). (My brain keeps trying to sail that Ship and I won't let it.)

Yeah I have done both sides and it took me revisiting the molten front to realise that it is Thassarian in there as a quest giver. I also assumed he was MIA in UC because of him looking for Koltira.

Quote Originally Posted by RaenavenBlacksun View Post
    I never did get far in the Molten Front thing, so I appreciate you telling me this. If he's there, then maybe Koltira's alright? I did Ally Andorhal for the first time yesterday and Thassarian said he was going to UC to more or less save Koltira (or at least find out what the hell Sylvanas did to him). (My brain keeps trying to sail that Ship and I won't let it.)
    I don't think he was a quest giver, but Thassarian DOES show up as one of several possible guest npcs during a daily quest where you get a group of 4 hyjal druids and 1 named npc companion, usually from other quests like Thassarian, to help you kill elites. But he wasn't involved in story, it was just a cameo.

I just want Baine to realize his attempts at being good and balanced and peaceful have only hurt his people and left them unprepared for the harsh realities of the world.

The tauren are living in the past and they need to adapt,they can't count on the orcs to save them from the centaur anymore after all.
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I very, very much doubt that. They were planning vol'jin the moment they decided to stick Garry at end of expansion 5, that seems certain. Books don't appear out of nowhere. Unfortunately blizzard failed with the "IT ISN'T WHO YOU EXPECT" bullshit despite allowing vol'jin to trample over every other character at the same time. I'm not sure anyone who followed any semblance of lore at all was surprised really...
    The first blue posts from the time of the Mists beta explicitly mentioned that Thrall would be Warchief again. Then there was loads of outrage, and some other blue posts tried to cover their tracks. At which point the story department probably had a meeting where they decided to switch out Thrall for Vol'jin, commissioning a hastily written book (I expect all the WoW novels are written in 6 months or less).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Then there was loads of outrage
    Sadly, this is what happened.

Thanks Community, Thrall's not the best, but he's sure as Hell better than our Lol'jin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Sadly, this is what happened.

Thanks Community, Thrall's not the best, but he's sure as Hell better than our Lol'jin
    In-story Thrall would have done a fine job as Warchief again. But narratively it would have been a terrible choice. It would have been a rather trite restoration of the status quo, with everything back to normal after our little escapade with Garrosh as though Thrall had never left. Choosing Vol'jin (or anyone else who's not Thrall) means that there are actually permanent consequences (good or bad) for the Horde. It's not just a neat snap back to normal. That's poor, uninteresting writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Thrall is another character I think needs to die or, more cheerfully retire with Aggra and Durak(?) in Nagrand. His character develop is coming to it's conclusion in WoD, after which it will be a mine with no ore left. He's risen up as Warchief and redeemed his people, he's had to embrace his shamanism to save the world, he's got married, had a kid, he's had to bring Garrosh to justice and atone for the mistake of appointing him and now he's going to face the demons of the Horde's past and sort out his daddy issues. What left is there for the guy? Maybe something with Jaina, but mostly his time is up. Also, speaking of his dad it would be too easy a fix for Thrall's daddy issues to have his dad alive with him again all of a sudden. One of them's got to go and at this point I'd rather a new (to wow if not to warcraft) character would come into the mix.
    this a thousand times.

Jaina: it depends if Blizzard wants to push her one way or the other, she does't have a big roll tell later in the xpac if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure when she strolls through she will want Orc blood to paint the walls no doubt.

Varian: same as with thrall IDK what he can do other then settle more into the "justly king" roll.

Anduin; need to grow the fuck up. his nieve nature is not going to do him any favors in the future. possibly some traumatic event is in order?

Vol'jin: doesn't matter he won't be any significant player in all this as far as we know. he's keeping the seat warm tell a new cough' better WC comes along.

that's all for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    Anduin after getting crushed in physical combat and watching hundreds of Alliance citizens die, he slowly heals and realises that he cannot just sit back and use priest magic anymore.

He starts working out hard and beefs up, dons a full suit of Armor and reforges Uther's Hammer to his own and Starts leading a Royal Guard of Paladins called the Wolf's Retribution.

He then marries Valeera(being an Elf she would still look the same age as him as an adult) and they have a bunch of Half elf children who are extremely attuned to the Light.
    Wow that would be sooooo epic well not sure about the valeera part but the thought of him turning from the straw weight priest into a paladin that would put Uther or Arthas (pre LK ofc) to shame and take the fight to whoever would be fun. Also we know that Velan has seen him lead the army but we don't know if he leads them as the priest he is now so it is possible

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    this a thousand times.

Jaina: it depends if Blizzard wants to push her one way or the other, she does't have a big roll tell later in the xpac if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure when she strolls through she will want Orc blood to paint the walls no doubt.

Varian: same as with thrall IDK what he can do other then settle more into the "justly king" roll.

Anduin; need to grow the fuck up. his nieve nature is not going to do him any favors in the future. possibly some traumatic event is in order?

Vol'jin: doesn't matter he won't be any significant player in all this as far as we know. he's keeping the seat warm tell a new cough' better WC comes along.

that's all for now.
    Does a leader really need to go through a story arc every expansion they're involved in? As for Vol'jin who says he won't be involved in things? Sure he's not coming through the portal on day 1 but that doesn't mean he'll be absent from the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    Does a leader really need to go through a story arc every expansion they're involved in? As for Vol'jin who says he won't be involved in things? Sure he's not coming through the portal on day 1 but that doesn't mean he'll be absent from the expansion.
    key words: as far as we know. and no, they don't HAVE to but that has been the trend since wrath.

Deleted
    Mekkatorque becomes mad because of all the "punting" jokes and Gallywix becomes mad because he still doesn't have a proper model, and Gnomes and Goblins team up, forming the Tinker Horde, and take all over Azeroth while we are on Draenor. We were fools to think the Iron Horde was the one Horde with the best technology and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW-life-long Rogue... Tarnish my SI:7 with Jaina and she won't last long. If you like her, don't put her there in my Rogue faction; mage keep out. Just sayin'. /evil grin

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    WoW-life-long Rogue... Tarnish my SI:7 with Jaina and she won't last long. If you like her, don't put her there in my Rogue faction; mage keep out. Just sayin'. /evil grin
    As a fan of both Jaina and SI 7 I agree.

Aggra dies horribly, leaving Thrall all sorts of grim & dark moody. A new model is created for this.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Rodgers crashes the skyfire into SW.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Why is it so awful to have some characters just be nice people?

[QUOTE=Zuben;26494452]Aggra dies horribly, leaving Thrall all sorts of grim & dark moody. A new model is created for this.[/QUHah

Hahahaha... I like this. Green Judas instead of Green Jesus. Yeah!

i remake my earlier statement.

Rodgers crashes the skyfire into dalaran creating a fiery arcane explosion that brings the legion to azeroth. the legion then proceeds to kill everyone.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of the OP's first two suggestions. The whole going insane and becoming evil thing has been done to death in Warcraft, and resulted in us losing two rather interesting characters for no purpose other than providing us with loot (Kael'thas, Illidan). On that note however, I would like to see Anduin embrace his shadow powers more as time goes on, and mature as a character. Maybe he has a conflict where he is tempted by the corruptive properties of his magic, but overcomes it to emerge with both the powers of Light and Darkness under his control... and hopefully less of a goody-two-shoes outlook on the world.

Jaina seems to be in an ok place at the moment in my opinion. I like how she's a bit of a catalyst in the Alliance, sort of like Moira. She's a loose screw, and may lead to some future conflict between the Alliance and the Horde, but she still has her wits about her and has the best intentions of the Alliance in mind.

Varian dying somewhere down the road is something that I could see happening. It would tie in with Anduin's story and act as a natural progression of a son inheriting his father's position. Along the lines of what the OP suggested, I think it might serve as a suitable carrot for Anduin taking a more serious look at the Shadow, and being temped to forsake the Light completely in favour of its destructive power. Maybe he was there when Varian died, and felt that the Light failed him by not being able to save his father.

Just some thoughts I felt like tossing out there during my lunch break.
    Last edited by Failmuffins; 2014-04-17 at 05:08 PM.