Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Jaina - I think the Horde and Alliance will end up trying to make peace, but Jaina is still a nutjob and becomes a liability, sabotaging the peace between the Alliance and Horde. She frames the Alliance for attacks against Horde settlements, and the war begins again until it is discovered Jaina is responsible. (Insert raid) Instead of being executed, Vol'jin insists that she is just imprisoned, and that somewhere inside is the Jaina that once was.

Vol'jin - Vol'jin struggles to handle his disillusioned Orc troops, whose race faces persecution after the actions of Garrosh in SoO and Draenor. Becoming hated in the very Horde they created, the Orcs become a minority and it falls to their non-Orc Warchief to inspire them once again.

Saurfang - Saurfang becomes the racial leader of the Orcs, appointed by Vol'jin to try and boost morale. He tries to inspire them the best way he knows how- by standing with them on the frontlines. He teaches the Orcs that they have the blood of shamans and warriors in them, and that they must honour the dead and the living, and take life only when needed.

Garrosh/Thrall/Zaela - On Draenor, Garrosh is killed by Grom when he tries to renegotiate a pact with Kil'jaeden when the other warlords fall. Garrosh tries to stop him, but fails, just as Thrall arrives to reveal who Garrosh actually was. He leaves behind a child whom he had with Zaela while on Draenor. Zaela gives her son to Thrall, saying that after what she has done she could never raise a child, and decides to stay behind on Draenor. Thrall returns to Azeroth with Garrosh's son, and promises to raise the child alongside his own, as if they were both his own blood. He hopes that someday the two might become brothers in a way he and Garrosh never could. He calls Garrosh's son 'Gromgar', as he went unnamed by his neglecting parents.

Sylvanas - With peace between the Alliance and Horde pretty much obtained, there is little conflict. Less conflict means fewer chances for Sylvanas to bolster her ranks. She is approached by Kil'jaeden, who makes an offer of making her more powerful, if she can dethrone the Lich King (Whom Kil'jaeden sees as being an obstacle rather than an asset, as Sylvanas could be). Seeking to increase the size of her army, she travels to Northrend with the Burning Legion at her side, to the frozen Bolvar Fordragon. While the Lich King sleeps, she steals his crown, becoming the Lich Queen. Bolvar Awakes, and the Scourge is conflicted. The Forsaken and some of the Scourge side with Sylvanas, while Bolvar and the rest of the Scourge aim to kill the 'False Queen' and stop her and the Burning Legion having control of the Scourge. Many of the Forsaken in the Horde oppose this, and a new leader is elected to help face Sylvanas (not sure who).

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin: Dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Vol'jin: Dies.
    And then Baine can take his place! =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    You know, the thought of a non-Orc Warchief doesn't sit right with me, and Baine is just about the most limpwristed person I've seen in this game. As far as his decision making skills go, I wouldn't be surprised if he wore a bracelet that says "WWCD?" (What would Cairne do?); however, even taking into account all of that, Baine Bloodhoof would still be more worthy of the position than Lol'jin.

The only characters i'm remotely interested in for WoD is Yrel and Maraad.

Thus far we've seen Yrel be the classic, Draenei stereotype; reserved and always seeking peace, even with enemies with whom it isn't possible. In this case it's the Orcs; and WoD shows us that, with or without Demon Blood, they will always be warmongers and thus must never be shown half measures. I want her to go down a darker path; something we saw a glimpse of with Maraad, before she quickly reined him in. I want her character to develop in such a way as she comes to the inescapable realization that peace with the Orcs simply isn't going to be an option. Perhaps Yrel and Maraad part ways at some point in the expansion (like Aysa and Ji), only to reunite at a later state when they come to the same conclusion with regard to their enemies on Draenor.

Ideally i'd like to see the Draenei as a race develop in general; undergoing a technological revolution (given that the Iron Horde is already said to be 'technologically advanced' in WoD) and essentially going "full Protoss" which was mentioned as a possibility by Metzen, if memory serves. That'd be a bonus however, but one i'd welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    He lack balls and brain to take position of leader. At least vol'jin is dumb enough to think he can lead horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He lack balls and brain to take position of leader. At least vol'jin is dumb enough to think he can lead horde.
    Hey don't worry Arrashi, they'll completely ignore Vol'jin's track record and write him to be this super awesome Warchief. I mean they've already given him his own version of Lord of the Clans, though it was completely terrible. It's over, and those of us with common sense lost the battle, there's not even a war to win (Because War, according to Vol'jin, is bad).

war is bad. its always been bad.

how the hell has war ever been good?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post

It fuels economy.
    It often leads to scientific research that is useful after war.
    It resolves conflicts between small countries but eradicating them from map.
    It allows to deal with problems dyplomacy is incapable of resolving.

Just few examples.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, I'd say from a real life perspective, putting a stop to Japan's atrocities in WWII was a good thing. Warcraft gives plenty of examples too, we wage war against the Legion, the Illidari, the Scourge, the Old Gods, the Twilight's Hammer... the list could go on.

War is neither moral, nor immoral. There are consequences, sure; that doesn't always make it inherently bad. If you've read history at all, you'd see that there are some Wars that serve only to distract and unite a population, or increase the power of the Crown, yet there are also those justifiable wars, ones waged out of self defense, or economic interests.

Warcraft provides over-the-top-in-your-face examples of this, seeing as Garrosh's war didn't start out as one of pure conquest, but for the Horde's defense and economic interests (As the people of Orgrimmar were starving and relied on imports from other nations, which had been cut off).

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It fuels economy.
    It often leads to scientific research that is useful after war.
    It resolves conflicts between small countries but eradicating them from map.
    It allows to deal with problems dyplomacy is incapable of resolving.

Just few examples.
    it can if you look at WWII where before hand everyone was living in hell.
    i will give you that one.
    genocide is never the answer.
    it can.

well you lose alot of population and breed hatred.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I'd say from a real life perspective, putting a stop to Japan's atrocities in WWII was a good thing. Warcraft gives plenty of examples too, we wage war against the Legion, the Illidari, the Scourge, the Old Gods, the Twilight's Hammer... the list could go on.

War is neither moral, nor immoral. There are consequences, sure; that doesn't always make it inherently bad. If you've read history at all, you'd see that there are some Wars that serve only to distract and unite a population, or increase the power of the Crown, yet there are also those justifiable wars, ones waged out of self defense, or economic interests.

Warcraft provides over-the-top-in-your-face examples of this, seeing as Garrosh's war didn't start out as one of pure conquest, but for the Horde's defense and economic interests (As the people of Orgrimmar were starving and relied on imports from other nations, which had been cut off).
    the population loss are still an issue. constant war is very bad on that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    the population loss are still an issue. constant war is very bad on that point.
    If population loss is the single deterrent to even justified wars, then I suppose we all ought to take a lesson from the Troll playbook, and sit out for the next war against a big threat.

- - - Updated - - -

genocide is never the answer.
    Most wars don't involve genocide. Even Garrosh's War originally wasn't one of genocide.

If population loss is the single deterrent to even justified wars, then I suppose we all ought to take a lesson from the Troll playbook, and sit out for the next war against a big threat.

- - - Updated - - -

Most wars don't involve genocide. Even Garrosh's War originally wasn't one of genocide.
    i said population loss from CONSTANT wars is bad, though its still bad in general. i am going to make a really stupid comparison. forest fires are bad but the clear out the over growth of plants or something like that.

didnt he declare total genocide in tides of war or something to that effect?

10+ Year Old Account
    i said population loss from CONSTANT wars is bad, though its still bad in general. i am going to make a really stupid comparison. forest fires are bad but the clear out the over growth of plants or something like that.
    Well... that comparison is just as you described, because wars aren't usually fought to thin out a nation's population... However, Azeroth is in a state of constant war. We usually only have 1-3 years of peace before the next "World ending threat". Does that make most Azerothian wars bad?

didnt he declare total genocide in tides of war or something to that effect?
    He didn't declare total genocide in Tides of War but eventually, as times grew more desperate for him, it became a goal of the War. The keyword in my statement was "Originally", though, meaning that the War didn't start as one of genocide.

Well... that comparison is just as you described, because wars aren't usually fought to thin out a nation's population... However, Azeroth is in a state of constant war. We usually only have 1-3 years of peace before the next "World ending threat". Does that make most Azerothian wars bad?

He didn't declare total genocide in Tides of War but eventually, as times grew more desperate for him, it became a goal of the War. The keyword in my statement was "Originally", though, meaning that the War didn't start as one of genocide.
    well forest fires seem to help trees and allows room for new things to grow. yes because each war we lose population(how much is unknown since there are no numbers) so at the rate the legion finally shows up at full force azeroth is fucked.

he did say he was going to go after the neutral factions or was it just CC after the alliance was destroyed.

Thrall - For his mistake of putting Garrosh in charge and then handing all power over to a troll gets reduced in rank and is now only present in game as the replacement for the argent gruntling

i want to see anduin and wrathion get married

i want to see thrall retire and have blizz write some new orc heroes for once. saurfang is awesome but the dudes old and nobody knows who the hell eitrigg even is, orcs need new blood.

i want to see varian and calia menethil hook up. or valeera

i want to see more blood elf militarization and i want to see even more of the new spellbreaker training. we need a spellbreaker class it fits the battlemage niche really well. maybe even a short story about the new order of spellbreakers lorthemar ordered. overall just more rigid military badarse work from the blood elves. show off that backbone more.

id like to see some actual forsaken characters as heroes. they can be antiheroes but enough of the insane villains justifying their actions by where they were born. i also want to see koltira become the forsaken leader after sylvanas gets the axe

i want to see the pandaren just being pandaren. a couple here and there out and about adventuring for adventures sake. no more shado pan, no more celestials. more pearl of pandaria less mists of pandaria, more chen stormstout less taran zhu. mists was awesome but im ready for less serious stuff.

i want to see moira become supreme allied commander of the alliance forces and i want to see her making efforts to restore the dark iron cities and connecting them with the bronzebeards. im not sure how they can do this without lots of phasing and possibly phasing out dungeons and raids but it would be awesome to see.

i want to see danath reclaim stromgarde with the help of humans dwarves and worgen and i want it to be contested over with the forsaken to keep the faction rivalry going.

i want gilneas fully reclaimed and filled with npcs, i want it to be a proper capital.

i want the same thing for kezan.

i want to see dalaran become a more military focused organization similar to what we saw in 5.2. i want to see the high elves begin training human and other races of spellbreakers to compete with silvermoon.

i want to see the timewalkers get more lore in the game.

i want to see the draenei becoming less hippie. less forgiving. really all i want. i dont want them to become super anti hero and gritty but enough of this judge the person not the race crap. i want to see more vengeful draenei.

i want to see more varied night elf characters. less douchey more humble. i want to see some buffer tougher rawr night elves hulking out like they do in some of the stories. i want to see more druids going bear form and wrecking faces. i also wanna see some more stoic warrior types like this

i want to see more gnomes, id like to see more seriousness to them. more battle tanks less robo chickens.

trolls are okay. just need to keep bein trolls

i want to see tauren do more stuff.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

illidan: some how gets revive by random NPC #42. he then goes and kills his brother for being a failure as a husband to tyrande.

oh yeah i want illidan to come back.

and i want him to chill out in dalaran and eat some of their magic.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552