Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    World of Darkness(If this ever comes out)
    I hate to be bearer of bad news but

ccp-shuttering-world-of-darkness/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Explain me how ESO is an online single player game? It's not in any shape or form different from WoW. In fact I'd put WoW lower on the scale of "massive multiplayer" considering WoW is seperated into realms while ESO just has one big unified megaserver on which everyone plays together 'on the same realm'.
    Well outside of end game, WoW can't really be labeled an MMO anymore. Even then, playing with the same handful of players every time, it's hardly "massively".

If inviting someone to group with you seriously hinders your gameplay experience, it can't hardly be justified as MMO. You don't need or want to group with anyone in TESO (until the end game). SWTOR was like that, too. Great game as a single player experience, not so much as an MMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

So in light of the news of the demise of world of darkness, are there any political sandbox mmos on the horizon?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    So in light of the news of the demise of world of darkness, are there any political sandbox mmos on the horizon?
    Political MMO's?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    MMO with an offline mode. Excuse me? This is getting ridiculous. Just like TESO and SWTOR, basically online single player games.

Or is MMO Massively Multiplayer Offline in the future?
    yea cause WoW hasnt become an online single player game over the last few years. Seeing how the majority of players dont raid, as stated by Blizzard, that means the rest is basically solo play. I mean they removed every single one of the group quests. They increased solo quest EXP while BG exp and Dungeon exp remains horrible because of queue times. Also to get people more involved in the grouping aspect of WoW they made Heroics harder during Cata. Most players were so bad and refused to work together using proper CC that Blizzard nerfed everything going back to easymode. WoW is definitely a solo game for most players.
    Last edited by Dabrix32; 2014-04-14 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar looks unbelievably awesome. It's everything I want in an MMO (arenas) and more. The path system looks very interesting, too, and I love the seamless, WoW-style open world that the devs have developed. That's already a huge upgrade from the endless load screens of SW:TOR and the linear zoning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I hate to be bearer of bad news but

ccp-shuttering-world-of-darkness/
    Posted it a day before the announcement and yea I saw it, quite funny though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    MMO with an offline mode. Excuse me? This is getting ridiculous. Just like TESO and SWTOR, basically online single player games.

Or is MMO Massively Multiplayer Offline in the future?
    Offline mode is silly, but a lot people do enjoy an MMO that they can solo majority of it, or queue in a dungeon if they want. It's a fun challenge to solo a quest that recommends a party of 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post

Offline mode is silly, but a lot people do enjoy an MMO that they can solo majority of it, or queue in a dungeon if they want. It's a fun challenge to solo a quest that recommends a party of 5.
    If you're gonna make a game that's mostly soloable, put in multiplayer, don't make a MMO, and save yourself millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    yea cause WoW hasnt become an online single player game over the last few years. Seeing how the majority of players dont raid, as stated by Blizzard, that means the rest is basically solo play. I mean they removed every single one of the group quests. They increased solo quest EXP while BG exp and Dungeon exp remains horrible because of queue times. Also to get people more involved in the grouping aspect of WoW they made Heroics harder during Cata. Most players were so bad and refused to work together using proper CC that Blizzard nerfed everything going back to easymode. WoW is definitely a solo game for most players.
    What do you mean "become"? The majority of WoW players never raided. Ever.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

You'd be surprised how many good MMOs are actually out there right now. People just don't play them because it's not WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    You'd be surprised how many good MMOs are actually out there right now. People just don't play them because it's not WoW.
    Well, WoW is the best MMO out there right now (imo) all things considered, so, when I come off of WoW, I really don't look for anything else. Looking forward to Wildstar, though, looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Well, WoW is the best MMO out there right now (imo) all things considered, so, when I come off of WoW, I really don't look for anything else. Looking forward to Wildstar, though, looks great.
    WoW is the best MMO at SOME things, there are many MMOs that surpass WoW in other aspects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    WoW is the best MMO at SOME things, there are many MMOs that surpass WoW in other aspects.
    WoW has the best combat system out of any MMO out right now, the best loot system, the best raid/boss fight system, and the best PvP. Other MMOs do better at things like questing, lore, and open-world PvP, but that's it.

WoW has the best combat system out of any MMO out right now, the best loot system, the best raid/boss fight system, and the best PvP. Other MMOs do better at things like questing, lore, and open-world PvP, but that's it.
    Combat? In WoW?

If you can call it that... >_>

(Also, PvP? WoW's PvP is notoriously poor, even by MMO standards)

10+ Year Old Account
    Combat? In WoW?

I PvP'd at a high level in WoW (talking ~2700 RBGs for multiple seasons, ~2300-2400 arena.) WoW's PvP eclipsed the PvP gameplay of literally every other MMO out there as of this moment. The only one I think has a shot at overtaking WoW is Wildstar due to the brilliance of the telegraph system. The PvP of other MMO games was basically not that great at all.

I PvP'd at a high level in WoW (talking ~2700 RBGs for multiple seasons, ~2300-2400 arena.) WoW's PvP eclipsed the PvP gameplay of literally every other MMO out there as of this moment. The only one I think has a shot at overtaking WoW is Wildstar due to the brilliance of the telegraph system. The PvP of other MMO games was basically not that great at all.
    To each their own. Some people are into curling too.

This is all really subjective, though. I think WoW is the best game out there if you're interested in "serious" raiding and that sort of group-oriented PvE progression, but a lot of the other things you mentioned feel really outdated to me when I come back to WoW from other games. Combat is probably the most outdated thing in WoW, in my opinion. Next would be the loot system; especially in solo play with mob tagging it's so annoying when you're used to more modern games.

In my experience, the more time I spend playing other games, the more WoW's shortcomings become apparent. It's still a pretty great game, but it's also getting pretty dated, and I played it for so many years that the last thing I want when I look at a new MMO is anything resembling a WoW clone. Some of the clones out there are decent, like Rift, but I'm really glad the genre overall is finally moving away from that paradigm. (This is why I don't like Wildstar, but again, this is my preference.)

Basically, if I wanted to play something like WoW, I would just resubscribe and play WoW.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimmy View Post
    In my experience, the more time I spend playing other games, the more WoW's shortcomings become apparent.
    Ha, pretty much this.

I would say that WoW excels at raiding and that's about it. It's pretty solid in other areas like solo content (brawlers guild, pet battles, farm) and small group content (scenarios and challenges).

But the game is, overall, pretty middling.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I might consider ESO, too, in that case. But, for now, Wildstar appeals too me greatly since it's heavily WoW-styled, has large PvP combat, and has arenas, too.
    If you are looking for mass battles, ESO has them too if I'm right.

As for the performance on live realms ... I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Explain me how ESO is an online single player game? It's not in any shape or form different from WoW. In fact I'd put WoW lower on the scale of "massive multiplayer" considering WoW is seperated into realms while ESO just has one big unified megaserver on which everyone plays together 'on the same realm'.
    I wonder how it will scale though ...

Sure the server architecture can handle it ... But what about player's computers? How will cities look (not to mention function) filled to the rim like a Japanese train?

Combat? In WoW?

Oh please now, credit where it's due.

WoW's combat system and implementation is top-notched.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimmy View Post
    In my experience, the more time I spend playing other games, the more WoW's shortcomings become apparent. It's still a pretty great game, but it's also getting pretty dated, and I played it for so many years that the last thing I want when I look at a new MMO is anything resembling a WoW clone. Some of the clones out there are decent, like Rift, but I'm really glad the genre overall is finally moving away from that paradigm. (This is why I don't like Wildstar, but again, this is my preference.)
    No joke.

Graphically it's just sad.

Story-wise it's plain horrible. Nothing makes sense. I swear the writers aren't even trying any more.

Crafting? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post

WoW's combat system and implementation is top-notched
    I will give WoW credit for its responsiveness. That definitely is top notch. The combat though? heck no, I absolutely hate it. That's not to say other people don't enjoy it but I don't like pure numbers and dice roll combat.